Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiseido Majolica Majorca

my i know how much is this eyeliner?

i had just got this Majolica Majorca automatic liner in VI366, the purple one. i must say that it's quite easy to use it considering myself as a first timer using an eye liner. i like the metalic color alot, still thinking of getting the green one.

ssgg02, i got this liner for 1200yen.

Comment

thank you simplyironic, but can we get it in Sg now? where you bought it?
      appro.. S$ how much? sorry for asking this as i don't sure about exchange rate now..
      Last edited by Glossie; 15-12-2004, 11:33 AM.

Comment

1200 Yen is only around S$19. Very cheap! I doubt it will be selling so cheap in Singapore. Majolica Majorca automatic liner got how many colours? They are not yet available here right?

Comment

can't recall, think abt 6 colours, you can visit the link above on this page to look at the products. only available in Japan at the moment

Comment

Ya I just saw. It's pretty nice. I think I'm going to get it. It's 2800Yen. What's the name of this mascara? I can't understand Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by ssgg02
              thank you simplyironic, but can we get it in Sg now? where you bought it?
              appro.. S$ how much? sorry for asking this as i don't sure about exchange rate now..
              i got it from japan, and i don't think it's available in sg.

Comment

Tried searching online to buy the MM but it's all in Japanese Came upon a Taiwanese site but the colours of the liners are limited.

Comment

gloria, it's the 'artisitic eye liner'

kare2741, wished i could use more of vPOST Japan! such a bummer that most of the sites are in Japanese, I really wanted to get the christmas palettes (made to look like a story book) last year but when i asked my friend to get it from Japan for me, it was all sold out within the week of its launch. WOW.

Comment

You can find a limited selection of Majolica Majorca items on the following online shop: http://www.gooddealer.com
                    Shipping rates are reasonable but there's limited qty on items.

Comment

has anybody tried their Powder Fantasia (something like that?)..they say you can use it both day and night? I just ordered it..seem kind of interesting but dont know if I should use it at night...

Comment

s2pink, did you order it from www.gooddealer.com?
                        I am tempted to get some items from there

Comment

stilafaux yes I did order from gooddealer..thanks to cozycot forums..I just discover this site..haha

hmm...why don't you order from that site? is there bad reputation or something? I'll post again when my order arrives!

Comment

Thanks S2pink!
                            I was trying to browse their site and was looking for the part about international shipping so I had to ask

Comment

Michelle, they definitely ship internationally, I have ordered several times from that site, it's evil ! Lots of lemmings ! So I try not to surf gooddealer.com ! The shipping rates are pretty reasonable however, they do add on a nominal packing fee so be aware that it's the norm on gooddealer.com The items are always packaged well, in bubble-wrap. So far, everything has been good ! HTHs !

Comment

just so you girls know, the prices on gooddealer.com are twice as much compared to the retail price in Japan. For example, the Majolica Majorca Flesh&Blood liquid blush is only about S$13 in Japan and the automatic eyeliner is only S$19 compared to S$21 and S$29 on gooddealer respectively.

Comment

thanks haru! But I don't think I will be going to Japan anytime soon and the sad part is one automated liner in store at Toronto is more than $25? (if I remember correctly)

hmm..so no one has used their loose powder before?
                                  and is this brand like Covergirl brand? I've always thought the packaging was so nice..but its so cheap compare to other brands.. :eh:

Comment

i saw some of their eyeshadows at basic beauty

Comment

Thank you Glossie for uploading the pic. Hope to hear about your review soon.

Comment

Actually, I believe I confused you there, Eternity. Oops! Haha! We didn't rave about any of the MM stuff. Many of us are trying them out for the first time

I was mini-raving about Mark's in the liquid Eyeliner thread.

Comment

I have got the eyeliner in violet and it is liquid. Likes how it makes my eyes pop with color. Abit watery but quite cheap. I found it in a drugstore in Tokyo. Should have gotten more colors. Maybe next time!

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                                            Didn't order it but did the Powder Fantasia as that came highly rec.
                                            what did you think of the powder fantasia? I'm waiting for it to come..do you actually use it at night as a skincare?
                                            Last edited by Glossie; 19-02-2005, 01:41 PM.

Comment

MM is selling very expensive in local beauty stores. It simply look so cute & make a great gift for my friends. Haru, do you mind shipping to Hong Kong? Any 'must-have'? Lemming!!!

Comment

Hi kopo,

sure, i can ship to HK. I would recommend trying Flesh&Blood liquid stain (840yen), the Powder Fantasia loose powder (1260yen) and the colour liquid eyeliners (1260yen) . I have the liquid stain in RD300 and it's suitable for oily skins like mine. Gives a nice flush and lasts quite long. The prices are affordable enough that you don't feel the pinch as much if u end up not liking it. I've heard raves about the eyeshadows from others that i've CP'd it for. Also, the foundation (1890yen) and foundation case II (735yen, the one with the gold lid) is also very popular. They have a very cute mirror, perfect for carrying around with you (almost all Japanese girls do this just to check their makeup when they are outside) but that one is expensive at 1500yen. It was a limited edition release for the 2004 holiday season but some shops r still selling it.

Postage is 900yen for up to 300g by EMS, which is express registered airmail with insurance. It took only 3 days to Singapore so should be about the same for Hong Kong. Otherwise, it's 190yen for a 100g package, 260yen for 150g, and so on (you can check the rates at http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english...l/airmail.html). And 410yen extra for registered mail. HTH!
                                                Last edited by haru; 19-02-2005, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Oh all this talk about the foundations is making me kick myself for not getting them, haha! Makeup is so subjective. I thought I read somehere in CC that the MM eyeshadows aren't fantastic. Anyways, like you said, we won't feel the pinch if we don't end up liking them.

S2pink, I'm expecting the Powder Fantasia as well. I have no idea if it's to be used as skincare at night! I'll confirm with my friend who saw the recs in some Taiwanese or Japanese magazines.

Comment

Girls who have gotten the eyeliners, please do a review about it. I'm lemming for them but need to justify my purchase.

Comment

I have it in brown, it's a shimmery brown. All their liquid liner colours have shimmers except black?

I feel that the brush tip is too fat to draw a thin lin. And it can be easily rub off when apply lightly. But im not a pro in lining my eyes, still a newbie

So maybe you like to wait for other reviews?

Hths

Comment

What's your budget, Fusionx? Some other recs here.

Korean brand Candy Shop has a pen liner too, but only 3 colours: black/brown/maroon-pink (no shimmers). The brush is very thin and soft. $14.90 at Lee W ah, I think.

Comment

i got my MM from haru~
                                                          thanks so much

review:
                                                          i bought no. 32 [pearly pink] the colour is so sweet. i was pretty amazed when that this eyeliner works like a stila lipglaze. why? cause you have to twist the bottom for the liquid to come out. silly me!

i find the brush ok for me.. it is not too thick [maybe i'm used to such brush, cause my e/l are always like that] application wise is smooth too!

i just love the colour.. rave rave rave!
                                                          i reckon MM is great for their coloured e/l. well for one thing i hardly see coloured liquid e/l other than white.

rave rave rave about the pretty colour!

thanks so much haru!!!!

Comment

for the eyeliner, does it come in 3 separate thing? do you have to buy a separate case for the liner? (this is the pencil liner)..i was just looking at good dealer becuase they have 3 products for the line customize..

Comment

S2pink, Clover is referring to the liquid eyeliner, the Automatic Liner, which comes in a penbrush that you twist at the end (like with Stila lipglazes). I think you are referring to the pencil eyeliner called the Line Customiser which comes in 3 parts and you can buy the holder, the liner and the brush separately.

Comment

Clover - glad you liked your goodies.

I managed to find the Majolica limited edition mirror and Compact Fantasia 24h today. They were released for last Christmas and sold out in many stores quickly. Couldn't believe my luck when I found a store still selling these after I tried about 5 different drugstores.

Comment

haru: Powder Fantasia loose powder (1260yen)

Is it suitable for oily combination skin?

Comment

Originally posted by haru
                                                                    I managed to find the Majolica limited edition mirror and Compact Fantasia 24h today.
                                                                    iris, is this a pressed powder or a loose powder?
                                                                    I am tempted by this one! I am so bad
                                                                    Last edited by Glossie; 21-02-2005, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Stilafaux - it's the pressed version of the Powder Fantasia which I CP'd for you. So if you like the Powder Fantasia, chances are you'll like the Compact Fantasia too. It's so pretty! It has a mirror inside too.

Pinkqueen - It is suitable for oily combination skin. It is supposed to be both a makeup and a skincare powder. You can use it during the day as well as during the night while you sleep. It is supposed to protect your skin from both UV radiation and the external environment and maintain moisture level. It is talc-based, contains mica and trehalose, which according to Paula Begoun's ingredient dictionary is a plant sugar that has water-binding properties for skin.

Comment

Thanks ! I would be trying out the 24 hr fantasia powder and if I really like it , I might be needing a CP of the pressed version from you! I prefer to take pressed powders out rather than loose powders

Comment

Oops! Oh dear, I thought Powder Fantasia is a pressed powder!

Michelle, maybe Haru won't be able to find more of the compacts by then The case is really too pretty to resist, eh?

Comment

yes Jing! I am a sucker for the packaging!
                                                                            The 24 hr fantasia is actually a loose powder . I mean the normal one. The LE one is the pressed powder.
                                                                            I got my goodies from haru The 24 hr fantasia powder is actually looks white and feels quite silky!

Have you gotten your fantasia yet?
                                                                            Do review yes!

Comment

• #39
                                                                              iris.. how much did you pay for the MM mirror? it looks real pretty!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                hey clover, the mirror is 1575 yen and the Compact Fantasia is 2100 yen. Yes, the mirror is expensive considering that it's mostly plastic but it's just so cute and plus the fact that it's limited edition and out of stock almost everywhere. When I finally found it, i bought almost every piece on the shelf :-p

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  So, asking you here so we can benefit the rest who are curious. How's the coverage like?
                                                                                  Last edited by Glossie; 29-03-2005, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    The coverage is similar to Ipsa's translucent loose powder. I find the two quite similar in texture and finish. Gives that dreamy soft finish. But i'm not sure how it will work on very tanned or dark skins as I'm quite fair.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Hi Ladies,
                                                                                      all the Majolica mirrors and Compact Fantasia 24h pressed powders that I bought today have been reserved. Since there are people who are still interested, I can make another trip to the drugstores tomorrow where I bought these. If anyone else is interested, please pm me so that I will know how many pieces to get as I would prefer not to have to make an additional trip. It is probably easier to get the Compact Fantasia but there were only a few pieces of the mirror left. Not to mention that the drugstore that has the Compact Fantasia is in Shinjuku and the drugstore that has the mirror is in Shibuya!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        One last query about the Compact Fantasia: still one shade only? I'm waiting for Michelle to report on coverage

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Hey Glossie...yup, one shade only

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            The LE yellow and pink autoliners look good on the model, lemming The cute empty compact case looks lovely too, wonder if there's any brand's compact that fits it too

Anyway, i heard that this line is develop to fight with Anna Sui because alot of japanese girls like to buy Anna Sui (cute packaging).

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              hi girls,

just to update. I went to the two drugstores again and bought up all their remaining mirrors and Compact Fantasia 24h. Think i must have looked like a mad tourist.

*edited to remove details*
                                                                                              If anyone is interested in the Compact Fantasia, please pm me. Hopefully, everyone who wants a compact will be able to get one. Any leftovers, i will gladly keep as backups for myself ;-) There are really no more left... i checked at least 10 different drugstores.
                                                                                              Last edited by haru; 22-02-2005, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                The coverage is similar to Ipsa's translucent loose powder. I find the two quite similar in texture and finish. Gives that dreamy soft finish.
                                                                                                Just saw this post. Blur me. Haru, this iPSA powder comes in a long narrow tub, does it not? I used to wear the white one but I didn't find it silky enough. Kinda chalky-looking. I like my powders really sheer.

How do you take payment, BTW? I don't use PayPal anymore, unfortunately.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Hey Glossie,
                                                                                                  The Ipsa loose powder that I'm referring to is the Ipsa Lucent Up Powder... yes, i think they sell the refill in a tall plastic bottle and you use that to fill up the low round compact. I liked the finish of that. I used my Compact Fantasia for the first time today and it goes on quite sheer, doesn't have that chalky look but I was applying it very lightly. It did a good job of mattifying shine and giving a smooth finish but as my face is very oily (unless I'm on Roaccutane), eventually I had to blot with oil-absorbing sheets after a few hours. But I have to do that with any powder/foundation.

I only take payment by Paypal. It's the only way I can receive funds from overseas... as I'm not in S'pore, cheques or POSB ATM transfer don't work for me. You could try piggybacking on another cotter with Paypal? just a suggestion...

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Thanks haru! thinking of using the Compact Fantasia 24h pressed powder at night. To tackle the sticky feeling left by steive-A.

Comment

• #51
                                                                                                      Hey Glossie,

I've edited some of my posts as you suggested. Please lmk if u feel that there are any others that I should edit/remove. Thanks!

not to feed your lemming, but I think the packaging of the Compact Fantasia is the prettiest in the whole Majolica line... it's so much nicer than the plastic tub of the regular Powder Fantasia. It's a real pity that they didn't make it part of the regular line-up. Now, I can't wait to see what they will release next but probably will be another few months before they do so.

Comment

• #52
                                                                                                        Iris , Iris , Iris , I got your CP package today!! Was expecting it to be Thursday, but got it today!! I was so excited when I saw the package sitting on my desk the moment I reached home!!

I already opened everything up happily. So happy to see the :

Skin remaker case and powder : OMG, think i will look like a tai tai with the casing??? Cannot wait to try out the powder tomorrow
                                                                                                        Honey Dip gloss : looks a bright pink in the packaging, but when i tried it just now, it was a nice glowy pink!!
                                                                                                        Flesh & Blood : it looks a lovely pink, i will use it tomorrow too!!
                                                                                                        Nail Polish in pink : the bottle looks so chic and cute!!

OT : I also received the ff e/s palette in green and Chic Choc black glitter nail polish, oh my oh my...i am still so excited!!

Thank you my dear girl. I really hope you are not running into any "trouble" with the CC rules. I am sure you are not earning any profits, and I do feel alittle embarassed to ask you to do the CP. You got to take the trouble to travel here and there, and not forgetting the envelopes and efforts too.

Comment

• #53
                                                                                                          Hey, excellent!! You really surprised me... I wasn't expecting to see the picture!! seemed like just yesterday that I posted it to you.. hey wait a minute, I did post it yesterday! You mean, it took only 1 day to get to you?! Wow, the EMS was really worth it then.

Enjoy playing with your new goodies! and of course, just lmk when u've decided what u want next... *chuckles*

Comment

• #54
                                                                                                            oh, just a tip on the Flesh & Blood liquid stain. Start with just a little bit as a little bit goes a looong way. I have the red one and squeezed out a bit too much the first time but then I just used the excess on my lips.

Comment

• #55
                                                                                                              Haru is so sweet! Glossie, we can do a spree sometimes together to share shipping cost!

Haru, u can check out cozyspree section for more guidelines

Comment

• #56
                                                                                                                Jemay, I did read the whole Cozyspree rules section, which is why I got worried cos I thought that the mods might think I'm organising an 'illegal' spree. So I edited some of my posts but if you notice anything still not right, would appreciate if you let me know. Thanks!

Comment

• #57
                                                                                                                  Never occurred to me we CAN do an official spree. I'm really not familiar with the shipping options. The best method is vPost Japan? Well, if the girls can wait, indicate your requests in the Spree thread then

Bee, the gold case looks really opulent! You can make believe you're a Tai Tai everyday now! (but you're already one, right?)

Comment

• #58
                                                                                                                    Haru, I tried the MM goodies yesterday ( attacked the 24hr fantasia one first ) and I so got to review!

The loose powder looks white and chalky-like in the container but when i applied it with a powder brush, the effects of the loose powder are extremely sheer and blends in very well with my skintone. I can hardly tell I am wearing loose powder! I like the silky-ness as well.

I agree with haru regarding this loose powder being suitable for tanned or dark girls. It's pretty white and I think the fair girls can pull it off without any hassle. the oil controll is superb too. I did not use this as a skincare routine like it mentioned in the site (afraid of clogged pores)

Can't wait to get the pressed powder as well! Thanks haru, you made me so in with Jappy products!

Oh yes Jing tried to tempt me with the Palgantong (sp) powder! MU overload!

Comment

• #59
                                                                                                                      Anyone tried ff eyeshadows? Tempted to try them myself

I'll be making a payment to Haru via paypal soon. Anyone wants to ride on? Just PM me. Would love to share shipping as well.

PS. Dear Haru CP'd the Compact Fantasia for moi

Comment

• #60
                                                                                                                        gink, hehe, i didn't get to do that all at once, but I cannot wait to paint my nails Only tried these items :

ff eyeshadow in green : lovely green!! the frosted white is rather pigmented, so when i swept it across entire eyelid, the color is quite intense (some other white es i used before are almost invisible!) The green at the middle is something i never had before, it looks a dull green actually, but it looks lovely on my middle part of the lids Then i used the darkest green to line the bottom lids. Think i am a green-eye monster today!!

honey dip gloss : love the smell! Like i said, it looks like a bright fuschia indian pink in the tube, but when i used it on my lips, it is a nice glossy pink, perfect for daily use, not that wayang!

Flesh & blood : I followed haru's advise, and use a little bit by bit, and yes, it gives a nice pink natural blush on my cheeks today, like i have just exercised!

Will review on the Skin remaker powder once I used it.

Comment

• #61
                                                                                                                          ok you got most of the items i'm lemming for, do post a pic of the eyeshadow on you? A close up?

Oh yes, the black glitter nail polish looks very interesting!

Comment

• #62
                                                                                                                            haru, yes, I am enjoying ALL the items indeed!! Don't worry, you have done us a good service by doing all the CPs. Really don't know how to thank you enough! When you come back to Singapore, pls lmk, must give you a dinner treat Or if there is anything you would like me to send over, do feel free to request too.

gink, i tried to take a pic with my hp, but it is not clear at all. So shall not post it here

Comment

• #63
                                                                                                                              bee - thanks for the offer, I already have my colleague in my HQ office helping me to buy whatever i need from Singapore. Anyway, seeing you girls happy with your new makeup itself is good enough for me :-)

Comment

• #64
                                                                                                                                Bee, nice haul you have there, i think it tempts us even more to get CPs from haru

Please do review on the Skin remaker powder

stilafaux, you mean the loose powder is suitable for tanned girls only?

Comment

• #65
                                                                                                                                  Originally posted by blueberry
                                                                                                                                  Vernis are you thinking of a spree?
                                                                                                                                  I've lemmed for this brand ever since my friend showed me the catelogue... very very nice stuff!
                                                                                                                                  They have catalog? Oh, it must be nice looking through

Haru, are there anymore compact Powder Fantasia? is it the same price as the loose powder one?
                                                                                                                                  And, is it shimmery/matt?

Comment

• #66
                                                                                                                                    hi topaz,

yes, they have a catalogue. a small one, about one-quarter of an A4 size. If you want, pm me with your address and i can send you the latest catalogue.

Yes, I still have some stock of the Compact Fantasia but it is 2100 yen for 10g whereas Powder Fantasia is 1260yen for 6 g, i believe. They are not shimmery although Compact Fantasia, the pressed powder has a very thin layer of shimmer on top of it.. but once you rub it away, the powder below is matte (kind of like MAC's Colour Theory e/s from a few years ago)
                                                                                                                                    Last edited by haru; 24-02-2005, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• #67
                                                                                                                                      My first Majolica e/s haul today:

(from top to bottom) SV821, BL724, 13 and GR723 and e/s case

Comment

• #68
                                                                                                                                        haru, can that case hold 4 of the es?? I like it, this is the one i saw in one of the magazines, so nice! I love to "collect" different casings!! I got tempted AGAIN

Comment

• #69
                                                                                                                                          Oh Haru I'm so tempted by your Majolica case! Is this the one on the Jap Cosmetics Price List thread: Customise Case II - 945 yen?
                                                                                                                                          Fits how many e/s? TIA

Comment

• #70
                                                                                                                                            Tried out the Majolica eyeshadows today with SV821 as a wash from the crease up to the brow and along the rim of my lower eyelids and inner corners, BL724 from upper lashline to crease and 13 in the crease. First thoughts are that these eyeshadows are so silky and pigmented! Definitely can compete with MAC's Frost e/s and Stila's shimmery e/s. I've had much more problems with some MAC and Stila e/s before compared to Majolica. With Majolica, I just had to press my e/s brush lightly to the surface and it picks up a lot of pigment. Sometimes with MAC, I have to put on several layers to get the colour to show up but with Majolica, the colour in the pan showed up on my lid on the first brush across my lids. The colours also go on true to how they look in the pan. The shimmer is pretty and not loud or glittery. Also has not creased at all or flaked in the 2.5 hours that I've had it on.

Lilupig, yup, the case is Customise Case II.
                                                                                                                                            Bee, the case can hold 4 e/s but actually i'm thinking of buying two more and fitting them in the section for the mini brushes since I don't intend to put brushes in the case anyway (they're too small for my clumsy fingers!).. so it can actually fit up to 6.
                                                                                                                                            Last edited by haru; 25-02-2005, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• #71
                                                                                                                                              Hey Iris, the eyeshadow case is actually transparent for the bottom part right? Do you think it will break easily if dropped? I have clumsy hands too!

Comment

• #72
                                                                                                                                                Hi,

yup, the bottom of the case is transparent. It also has 4 little holes for you to poke a needle through to remove the e/s pans. The e/s pans come with a bit of sticky glue on their bottom and you remove them from their single cases to put them into the Customise Case. I don't think it will break that easily as it is made of plastic.

Comment

• #73
                                                                                                                                                  I can only see the 4 spring colours on their site. Where else can I see the rest of the e/s?

Comment

• #74
                                                                                                                                                    Hey lilu, I think you have to click on a link for the next page, there are many more colors!

Comment

• #75
                                                                                                                                                      Heres a better closeup of the eyeshadows :

Comment

• #76
                                                                                                                                                        Actually the casing for the single e/s looks nice but there is no catch/clasp to prevent the e/s tray from sliding and falling out if you turn it upside down. So you can't just throw it in a bag and carry it with you cos it will probably fall out.

Comment

• #77
                                                                                                                                                          haru, i noticed there are 2 Customise Casing in MM's website. One is I and the other is II. May i know the difference?

Comment

• #78
                                                                                                                                                            Case I costs 735yen and can only fit 2 e/s or 1 blush. Case II costs 945 yen and can fit 4 e/s or 2 e/s+1 blush or 2 blush. But as I explained earlier, you can also fit 2 extra e/s into the space for the brushes in Case II (top half of the case is for the e/s and bottom half is a compartment for brushes), but i'm not sure if Case I's brush compartment can fit any e/s pans though.

Comment

• #79
                                                                                                                                                              Actually the casing for the single e/s looks nice but there is no catch/clasp to prevent the e/s tray from sliding and falling out if you turn it upside down. So you can't just throw it in a bag and carry it with you cos it will probably fall out.
                                                                                                                                                              This is not good for a heck-care person like me. I just dump all my cosmetics into a pouch and lug it around in my big bag with me. Shall think twice now.

How about the case? It won't fall out? Does it come with a mini brush?

Comment

• #80
                                                                                                                                                                The Customize Cases are more sturdy and will remain closed if you carry them around in your bag. But you have to ensure that the e/s pan has sufficient glue on its bottom and press it in securely otherwise it might shift around inside the Customize Case as there is no magnet or anything to secure it. Another alternative is to use some sticky tape (but that won't look too nice as the bottom of the case is transparent). What I did was to scrape all the glue remaining in the cases that the individual e/s are sold in and dab it onto the bottom of the e/s pan before I press it into the Customize Case. The Case is sold without any brushes. You can buy a double ended brush for 300yen, one side of it is a brush and the other side is a sponge tip applicator. There is also a liner brush sold separately. I didn't buy these as I already have many e/s brushes and don't intend to carry the Customize Case around with me.

Comment

• #81
                                                                                                                                                                  Hey Iris, is the e/s categorise into matte, shimmers, glitters etc in the above pictures? TIA

Maybe, we can buy some commercial transparent glue to stick the e/s if it drop out?

Comment

• #82
                                                                                                                                                                    The first four shadows on the top row of the pic are "Porcelain" finish, meaning no shimmer and are cream colours. The six shadows on the right from GR231 to BE121 "Luminoustick" and are mostly matte. The second row from #11 to #116 are "Opalescent" and contain pearl shimmer. The four shadows from SV281 to GR721 are "Metallic" and also shimmery. None of them are glittery. The shimmer in Metallics is more intense than Opalescent.

Edited: Attached the correct pic.
                                                                                                                                                                    Last edited by Glossie; 12-04-2005, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• #83
                                                                                                                                                                      haru, are these stickers available at the drugstore you go?

Comment

• #84
                                                                                                                                                                        hey bee,
                                                                                                                                                                        yup they are.. all 3 designs. I think it's around 400yen, will have to check.

Comment

• #85
                                                                                                                                                                          Glossie, the pic that I was referring to is the pic you attached showing 2 rows of e/s on the previous page. Not the pics with the Chinese words. BL724 is a "Metallic". When I say glittery, I mean it has noticeable glitter particles (like MAC's glitter) in it but shimmer is just, well, shiny but without any noticeable glitter. So MAC's Lustre e/s have glitter but Frost e/s do not. Frost e/s are shimmery, not glittery. Is that clearer?
                                                                                                                                                                          Last edited by haru; 25-02-2005, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• #86
                                                                                                                                                                            Hey Iris, thanks for naming the examples. More lucid now.. although I happen not to use any of the MACs! To me, frosty is metallic. How about those Shu sparkly looking e/s in Kopo's pictures? Can someone tell me if they're very loud - like glittery loud? Or maybe you can compare these, MM and Shu? Thanks!

Comment

• #87
                                                                                                                                                                              Haru, may I know how much is the Honey Gloss and blusher in Sg dollars? TIA!

Comment

• #88
                                                                                                                                                                                Gosh! My first time browsing through this thread and I am totally blown away by the pretty packaging!

Could a kind cotter enlighten me on the rate for sgd to yen? TIA!

Comment

• #89
                                                                                                                                                                                  I take the rate of 1 Yen to S$0.016.

Haru, so the sticker is around $6....hmm, must consider!!

Comment

• #90
                                                                                                                                                                                    Blueberry, the blush is about S$13.30 and the honey dip l/g is about S$8 (S$1=63 yen).

Glossie, the Shu e/s in Kopo's pics, especially the medium/deep blues and greens are very pigmented and shimmery. I think the pigment is a bit more intense than Majolica. Most of Majolica's colours are quite light and pastelly. There are only about 20 shades in Majolica's range whereas Shu has probably close to 100? I own only 1 Shu e/s, Silver ME945 and it is also very silky, soft and extremely pigmented. But costs 4 times as much as Majolica! It's a pity that Majolica has such a limited range. In terms of lasting power, I think they are the same. The Majolica e/s that I'm wearing today have lasted well for over 8 hours and there is only the faintest crease towards the inner corners of my eyes. I am definitely impressed.. can't believe I put off buying these for so long.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                                                                                                                      Iris, does the BL724 you bought look similar to MAC Aquadisiac? TIA. I feel like buying all the MM e/s

Comment

• #92
                                                                                                                                                                                        MM e/s is cheaper than Inuoii ID and you get to choose the colours you like. Whereas the latter you have to choose from their quad ranges which is quite a headache too, right Glossie?

Comment

• #93
                                                                                                                                                                                          I did a calculation : If get 4 of the MM e/s singles plus the super nice casing, it will be (4 x 525 Yen) + 945 Yen = 3,045 Yen = S$48.72, whereas Inoui Id's es quad will be 3,150 Yen = S$50.40, difference of S$1.68 only.

So it really depends on your choices, or get both???

Comment

• #94
                                                                                                                                                                                            Lilupig, BL724 is a cross between MAC's Tilt and Surreal. I don't have Aquadisiac but from what I remeber of Aquadisiac, it was more green than blue whereas BL724 looks more blue in the pan.

Hey Bee, yeah you're right.. I didn't realise that the 4 Majolica eyeshadows and case add up to almost the same price as Inoui ID. But I think Majolica is really worth it. I just got home from work at 9.30pm and I had put on my makeup at 8.30am. I would say that the Majolica e/s had at most faded only about 10% on my lids, and the creasing was really minimal. Really excellent stuff. But given the limited range of colours by Majolica, you will need some Inoui ID for more interesting colours ;-p

Comment

• #95
                                                                                                                                                                                              oh my god, i can feel myself caving in just by looking at kopo's wonderful haul. i'm hanging on by a really thin thread.

the ones in kopo's pics, are they: GR723, GR185, SV830, SV821, GB822 & BE286? There are 2 other colours i can't quite identify.

i want them all !!

Comment

• #96
                                                                                                                                                                                                These are what kopo got: BE286, GR185, BR784, OR283, SV830, SV821, GR723 and GD822. I think the two that you couldn't identify are BR784 and OR283 which are both new.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Great stuff! Tried BE286 e/s today & a great wash colour. It's very soft like Stila & most Mac e/s are misses to me. As Haru said, MM has medium pigment & not too dramatic compared to Shu. I can buy the whole line without eating bread for a month. For travel, it's better to get the palette. I just bought the small one & definitely need another big one.

Haru, I'll do my homework this weekend for the coming cp list. Still can't make up my mind for the Inoui ID e/s quad!
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Last edited by kopo; 26-02-2005, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Nice haul too, kopo.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    You CPed so many eyeshadows!! Are they really pigmented?
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Do they show up good as in colors can be seen clearly, not light?

Haru, what's the difference between the liquid blush RD300 and PK400? Are the colours sheer?

And the cases, any dimensions for skin remaker case 2 and blush customise case 2?

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                                                                                                                      The e/s has medium pigment like PN & Shiseido. In fact, I'm expecting light pigment like most of the Japanese brands. The colour is simply "what you see & what you got" from the pan. Not bad! I'm thinking getting more & palette. They are perfect birthday gifts for my friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by topaz
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Thanks kopo!
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Please do post your reviews when you have tried the others
                                                                                                                                                                                                        I see that you got almost the same products as Bee!
                                                                                                                                                                                                        You should set top priority to those colour. I love them all. The only problem of my MM cp is the foundation colour. I should use the lightest one in spring.

Comment

• I am very tempted by BL274 and SV821, any comments ?
                                                                                                                                                                                                          What about SV830 and GR723 ?
                                                                                                                                                                                                          How does GR723 compare to GL129 ?

One more question - which site do you gals use to see pictures of MM products and colors ?

TIA !!
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Last edited by j0s1e267; 26-02-2005, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• wow.i didnt check this thread of 2 days and there is this e/s craze...now I'm lemming for e/s!!
                                                                                                                                                                                                            but i never use e/x..i only bought one of shu eumura's before and now i end up swapping it..

what is the color recommended for everyday use? i kind of want to do neutral colors..

can't wait to my cp from haru gets here

Comment

• Hey Kopo - glad to hear that you liked the e/s! Ochre 10 was too dark for you? How far off was the shade?

Topaz - the colours showed up very clearly on me. RD300 is a dark red in the tube while PK400 is a Barbie doll pink in the tube. RD300 goes on sheer and gives a light rosy tint while PK400 gives a more pinky tint. Both go on sheer and are quite easy to work with. You only need a tiny amount per application so the small tube will last quite a while, like eye cream. I don't have a ruler but i'm guessing that the skin remaker case II is about 6cm by 10cm and the Customize Case II is about 6cm by 8cm. Customize Case I is about 5cm by 6cm.

j0s1e267 - what kind of e/s colours do you like to use? GR723 is a shimmery olive green while GR129 is a shimmery light blue. SV830 is a shimmery silver, like MAC's Electra but a bit lighter. BL274 is my favourite as I like shimmery blue-green colours. It is a cross between MAC's Tilt and Surreal, not as blue as Parrot. SV821 is hard to describe, maybe a taupey silver? As it is quite a light shade, I use it as a wash over the browbone area and it was great. The official website is http://www.shiseido.co.jp/mj/html
                                                                                                                                                                                                              If you just want to see the list of products, click on the link that says "xxxHTML", just below "Enter" when you get to the webpage. This will bring up a screen with the full list of products and shades.

S2pink - regarding colours for everyday use, depends what kind of shades are everyday shades to you. For me, I use blue and green shades a lot so my first purchase was GR723, BL724 and 13. I think light shades like 13, 18, 17, BE286 would be great for everyday use. But most of Majolica's shades can be used everyday... except maybe the red e/s RD 422!

Oh and I wanted to add that contrary to what I posted earlier, the individual single e/s case does have a clasp so that you when push the e/s tray in, you will hear a 'click' and that keeps the tray from falling out. So it will probably stay close if you throw it into a makeup bag to carry around with you. Sorry for the error!
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Last edited by haru; 26-02-2005, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Does MM e/s case comes with a mirror? If it does, will be good for travel or touch up.

Bee and Glossie, if you gals are getting the MM customise case 2 which can fit 4 or 6 e/s, you can get 4 e/s first and Inuoii ID quad! Then you will have 8 e/s to play with!

Comment

• Hey Gink, the case comes with a mirror under the cover, almost the same size as the case itself. Here's a pic that I took with my handpone. The case fits 4 e/s in the upper half but I put in another 2 e/s in the lower half which is the brush compartment, using just scotch tape to secure it.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Last edited by haru; 26-02-2005, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Are there 6 separated (with a separator in the middle) slots in it? From the pic, it means to me. I thought you can fit the blush too?? :huh:

Comment

• Hi,

the case has only one horizontal slot taking up the top 1/4 of the case and another horizontal slot below that taking up the next 1/4 and then the bottom half of the case is one big slot. One blush is twice a long as an e/s so you can fit one blush into each horizontal slot. Technically, there are only slots enough for 4 e/s but I put in an extra 2 e/s in the lower half which is supposed to be the brush compartment. Hence, I had to use scotch tape to secure the 2 bottom e/s. Here's a pic.

Comment

• blur me ! it looks like theres space for you to put a tiny e/s brush inside even putting all 6 e/s in!

Comment

• Haru, I think the foundation is 1-2 shades darker judging from the pan. A good reason to ask for your cp.

I've to get the BL274 this time - deleted it in my last cp. Btw SV821 looks like a light version of Shu ME Silver 945 from the pan with more silver pigment.

Comment

• Kopo, have you tried on the foundation? There is only one shade that's lighter, Beige Ochre 10. Not sure if it will be light enough for you. Is there anyone whom you can pass on the Ochre 10? Sorry it turned out to be too dark.

I agree with your comment about SV821. It's lighter than Shu ME 945 so I tend to use Shu ME 945 from my lashline to the crease whereas the Majolica SV821, I can use it even as an all over base.

Comment

• think i forgot to post review of the MM skin remaker powder foundation. I would give it 7 upon 10. Not that it is no good, just that i have oily skin, the mu "melted" by half day on Friday I used it. So I got to touch up a few times that day. The plus points :

it is easily blended into my skin upon application and smooth I must say

it also did a good job of covering my blemishes

But when I used it yesterday around 3pm, it can last me all the way till night, and I only touched up once.

For that price (1,890 yen and 735 yen=S$42) and the lovely casing it comes with, I would say it is not that bad a powder foundation to have I have no regrets of buying it to haru of course!

Comment

• Tell us your choice soon! I'm looking at 4 at least.. I didn't realise my browser window hid two more rows of quads :Doh:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I'll get GR129 and BL724 this time. 14 & 16 look beautiful. Since I'm going to get 4 to 6 ID e/s quads with friends' orders, I won't try all MM e/s this time. LOL

Off topic. For ID quads, Haru bought me #22 & 24. I'm working on my final 2-4 choices with friends. 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 23, 26, 27 are on the list & checking which are shimmery/ satin.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Last edited by kopo; 27-02-2005, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Ladies,

anyone know if MM and ID is available in Taiwan?

Comment

• Originally posted by kopo
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Stilafaux, Welcome to MM e/s club! I'm getting the blush pan this time. The e/s is so cute & I want to get the blush pan as a set. "Set To"

They're affordable even if I got all e/s & blush. May be eating bread for 3 weeks!

kopo!! tempting tempting!! I think I need a surrender emoticon !

The problem is that I dont know if I would want to depot these pretty e.s ! Even the single e.s packaging itself is pretty!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Dilemma!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I was tempted to get the blush too but I have got a rouge pot to finish!

Comment

• Jazzie, Inoui ID is exclusive to Japan. As for Majolica, I think kopo mentioned that it was sold by some shops in HK but not sure about Taiwan.

Comment

• I took a pic on the MM stuffs on a Jap magazine, not very clear though. I love how they test and show the different eyeliners.

Comment

• hi gink, which magazine is that? I wonder which color of eyeliner to get....

Comment

• Its the Feb issue of JJ magazine, think the black and bronze eyeliners are the bestselling.

Comment

• Erm, I don't think there's a bronze... probably it's the brown. There are only 5 shades of Automatic Eyeliner - Red, Violet, Blue, Green, Brown and Black. Plus the two limited edition ones now, light pinkish white and light yellow.

Comment

• I got the brown one but haven't test it yet. I'm thinking about the colourful e/l.

Haru, do you have any review on MM & Inoui ID e/l?

Comment

• I CP'd the light pinkish white MM e/l for Clover and she posted a few pages back that she liked it. I haven't tried these myself but in the store, the colourful ones look really vibrant to me. I bought a green one by Visee, just tried it for the first time yesterday and think I need some more time to master it! 'cos I twisted the end too many times and too much oozed out! As for the Inoui e/l, I love it! It really stays on well without smearing or fading. But liquid e/l really take practice. The SAs always use a q-tip to smudge it slightly right after they apply it, so that it is not so stark. But I still haven't been able to get the hang of it. Also, the Inoui ID e/l is quite affordable in the long run as refills are only 945 yen whereas for other brands, you have to buy a whole new e/l which usually cost at least 1260 yen.

Kopo - why would I think you're mad?! If so, it's a madness that we all obviously share! But hey, at least it's makeup and not Prada/LV bags...

Comment

• Yes, make up is more affordable. I use LV bag many years ago. It's so heavy because of the leather lining & made me so tired. Finally, nobody in my family used it & we sold it away.

I need to test the e/l before thinking about the limited ed. liner. I can master UD liquid e/l because the brush is stiff enough to handle. Too bad, it's been pulled out now.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Last edited by kopo; 27-02-2005, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Kopo - there's plenty of stock of the 2 LE e/l shades now but not sure when they'll stop making them.

Comment

• Which ltd e/l you prefer? Pink or yellow?

Comment

• I don't use e/l in such light shades so I can't really say. I'd probably choose the pink one if I had to. It's looks sweeter! Hey, do you want me to feed or bash your lemmings?! ;-p

Comment

• i went here http://www.shiseido.co.jp/mj/index.htm but would only find pics of their 4 e/s.

Did i go to the right place? i want to see all the e/s shades.

Comment

• Caramelgirl, when you get to the webpage, click on the link below "Enter", the one that says "xxxHTML". This will lead to a pop-up screen showing a list of their products. Just scroll down until you see the image of the e/s and click on "photo" beside the e/s picture. This will lead to a pop up screen showing the different shades. Click on the link at the bottom right hand corner to get to the next page of e/s shades. Let me know if you have problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by haru
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I don't use e/l in such light shades so I can't really say. I'd probably choose the pink one if I had to. It's looks sweeter! Hey, do you want me to feed or bash your lemmings?! ;-p
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Probably feed my lemmings! I'll eat bread all the year & get fat so buy more foundation + powder.

Comment

• There's a whole product list before you enter into the fancy website.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  1. Website open & 2 options - enter or go to product list. Click product list.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  2. The e/s is at the bottom of the list & click. You can find the complete list of e/s. hth.