Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Pitangui a very famous clinic? Read thru the few posts and alot of cotters have been to this place for plastic surgery .

Comment

• Originally posted by LingNing View Post
      Is Pitangui a very famous clinic? Read thru the few posts and alot of cotters have been to this place for plastic surgery .
      yup, i did my surgeries at Pitangui

Comment

• Dr Chen

Hi Fang123,

Was wondering if u went for your surgery with Dr Chen? How was the results?

Comment

• Hi Fang123,

Was wondering if u went for your surgery with Dr Chen? How was the results?

Comment

• Hi girls!

I'm heading to Korea this year end with my close girlfriend of mine and we're both intending to do our eyes.
            I'm removing my dark eyerings while she's cutting her double eyelid. This is because previously I've a friend who's on exchange (from korea, now in smu), and she did plastic surgery last year and her eyelid and dark eye circles are all gone (!!) So I got the address, am going to do research on how to get there, places to stay (airbnb etc/getting around)

Wtf. I mean like usually to me, double eye lid surgery is kinda common, but dark eye ring i never see successful case before. I've a really bad case of it since Secondary school (am 21 now, studying in smu). So I'll be writing it down in December about the clinic, how much it cost and where we stay, documenting it so that everyone can share!

I blog at fionasohyuru. so if your want, just pm me this year end also can if your are seriously lazy to go visit it this year end hahahaha! I'll keep you girls updated too on both my friend and mine. Ohyes, the clinic i'm doing at seoul is this --- ::: WITH PLASTIC SURGERY :::, note that we can translate the page to chinese, but idk why their english page doesn't work.. -.-

Comment

• hi fiona,
              i find that ever since i did plastic surgery, my dark eye rings like darker ***..
              i thought it was because i became fairer after 2 weeks in Korea that's why, but i managed to hide it with concealor though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenhani View Post
                I did double eyelid via suture method with Dr Andrew Tay (Novema Med Ctr). Day 12 and all the swelling is almost gone.
                Blogged about it, have a read if you want to know more OHHHONEY | +65
                I'm glad you like Dr Andrew Tay. I did mine with him too in early 2012 and glad I made the decision

Comment

• Originally posted by kissesfrombeigi View Post
                  hi fiona,
                  i find that ever since i did plastic surgery, my dark eye rings like darker ***..
                  i thought it was because i became fairer after 2 weeks in Korea that's why, but i managed to hide it with concealor though.

Oh dear are you serious? Sigh I'm actually taking a break from my blogshop and going with another blogshop owner too! Really hope it'd work out cause i've been planning this trip for quite awhile already :/ But on that note, I don't think my dark eye rings can get any worse, its REALLY bad right now hahahahahaha. Lets keep our fingers cross and i'll update y'all this year end or on my blog fionasohyuru.blogspot.com

Comment

• Hi,

I'm booked to undergo DST with Dr Shenthilkumar Naidu of TCS after I saw my sis's awesome eyebags removal and cousin's breasts implants (by another doc from TCS), results later this month.

Some girls at flowerpod had agreed to share their before and after pics over PM, but that forum is now not working.. Thus, I'm trying my luck here to see if anyone of you girls frequent this forum? If you do, kindly drop me a PM please. Thank you
                    Last edited by sagittariusleo; 02-03-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fionasohyuru View Post
                      Hi girls!

I'm heading to Korea this year end with my close girlfriend of mine and we're both intending to do our eyes.
                      I'm removing my dark eyerings while she's cutting her double eyelid. This is because previously I've a friend who's on exchange (from korea, now in smu), and she did plastic surgery last year and her eyelid and dark eye circles are all gone (!!) So I got the address, am going to do research on how to get there, places to stay (airbnb etc/getting around)

Wtf. I mean like usually to me, double eye lid surgery is kinda common, but dark eye ring i never see successful case before. I've a really bad case of it since Secondary school (am 21 now, studying in smu). So I'll be writing it down in December about the clinic, how much it cost and where we stay, documenting it so that everyone can share!

I blog at fionasohyuru. so if your want, just pm me this year end also can if your are seriously lazy to go visit it this year end hahahaha! I'll keep you girls updated too on both my friend and mine. Ohyes, the clinic i'm doing at seoul is this --- ::: WITH PLASTIC SURGERY :::, note that we can translate the page to chinese, but idk why their english page doesn't work.. -.-
                      Surgery to remove darkened eyebags? What kind of procedure is this? Is it connected to the double eyelid surgery or something? Sounds interesting. Where do you plan on going? I find that people choose a specialty clinic and then go to another that specializes in a different area. Is there a clinic that is like a one stop shop? You know, where you could get everything done under one roof?

Comment

• Originally posted by sagittariusleo View Post
                        Hi,

I'm booked to undergo DST with Dr Shenthilkumar Naidu of TCS after I saw my sis's awesome eyebags removal and cousin's breasts implants (by another doc from TCS), results later this month.

Some girls at flowerpod had agreed to share their before and after pics over PM, but that forum is now not working.. Thus, I'm trying my luck here to see if anyone of you girls frequent this forum? If you do, kindly drop me a PM please. Thank you
                        OMG! I booked an appt for double eyelid surgery suture method with Dr Shen too! I'm trying to check out more info and pics too but yes, FP is not working...
                        I would also appreciate any updates or more info from those who undergone double eyelid surgery too!
                        By the way, I managed to source for only one blog where this blogger undergone the suture method for her double eyelid with Dr Shen recently too! Hope this helps!

Comment

• The blogger's pics looks good!

Looks like the downtime is really short.. Her 2nd day pic looks quite normal and there wasn't any obvious blue black. And I love how the double eyelids look so even!

Looks like my fears are uncalled for. When are you booked for the procedure? If earlier than me, please update on your progress, k?

Originally posted by shootingstar18 View Post
                          OMG! I booked an appt for double eyelid surgery suture method with Dr Shen too! I'm trying to check out more info and pics too but yes, FP is not working...
                          I would also appreciate any updates or more info from those who undergone double eyelid surgery too!
                          By the way, I managed to source for only one blog where this blogger undergone the suture method for her double eyelid with Dr Shen recently too! Hope this helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by shootingstar18 View Post
                            im sorry but i just had to ask, what's FP? hehehe you could tell who's new to this forum thing..haha im learning a lot everyday by just reading these comments. The blog you linked up is ok. But I have another question, does the suture have to be that high? It seems so for me. I don't know, just looks a little odd for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by sagittariusleo View Post
                              The blogger's pics looks good!

Looks like the downtime is really short.. Her 2nd day pic looks quite normal and there wasn't any obvious blue black. And I love how the double eyelids look so even!

Looks like my fears are uncalled for. When are you booked for the procedure? If earlier than me, please update on your progress, k?
                              haha yes she looks good with her double eyelids. ive requested for her to post a before-after pic, not sure if she would accede to my request...hehe. maybe we can check out her archives during the days when she had single eyelids. actually come to think of it, im not sure she was even monolids to begin with or just did the surgery to enhance or increase the height of the crease....
                              for suture method, Dr Shen will only use DST method? that's the best suture method so far right...?

oh yes, are u going to get ice pack for ur eyelids in time to come? is it those in blue liquid kind? i tried to google but not sure if they are the correct ones. if we were to wrap a towel with ice cubes inside, that would be quite messy...

im going to have it done with Dr Shen at Celevenus Aesthetic Clinic... the staff told me he's working part-time as their in-house surgeon there...my appt is on 28th march, how about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by danayatan View Post
                                im sorry but i just had to ask, what's FP? hehehe you could tell who's new to this forum thing..haha im learning a lot everyday by just reading these comments. The blog you linked up is ok. But I have another question, does the suture have to be that high? It seems so for me. I don't know, just looks a little odd for me.
                                oh FP means flowerpod, it's another ladies' forum just like cozycot...hahaha.
                                i think the height of the crease will gradually decrease, give yourself till 6mths, that's what i've read and gathered from my research.
                                but i would like a high crease if my facial features permit...

Comment

oh FP means flowerpod, it's another ladies' forum just like cozycot...hahaha.
                                  i think the height of the crease will gradually decrease, give yourself till 6mths, that's what i've read and gathered from my research.
                                  but i would like a high crease if my facial features permit...
                                  Lol! Hmmm, do you know any other forums like this? I have only seen this and TPF. I see, I thought that the crease will stay as high as it is. hehe I think that she'll look prettier once it comes down a bit. My, I really need to start reading. I remember my biology classes, and I really sucked at that..hehe What surgeries do you plan on having?

Comment

Lol! Hmmm, do you know any other forums like this? I have only seen this and TPF. I see, I thought that the crease will stay as high as it is. hehe I think that she'll look prettier once it comes down a bit. My, I really need to start reading. I remember my biology classes, and I really sucked at that..hehe What surgeries do you plan on having?
                                    haah am not too sure. not that active nowadays on forums anymore, even on cc.
                                    at the moment, i'm only thinking of getting my double eyelids done, although im ranting about my nose everyday, wishing for a sharper narrower nose...haahaha
                                    and yourself?

Comment

haah am not too sure. not that active nowadays on forums anymore, even on cc.
                                      at the moment, i'm only thinking of getting my double eyelids done, although im ranting about my nose everyday, wishing for a sharper narrower nose...haahaha
                                      and yourself?
                                      I've just started, as you can see. I like it better here than talking with clinics coz most of them are just generated replies without any interaction at all. Looks like I'm not the only one. hehe Weird huh.. The more you do your research, the more you get to see what else can be done on your face and how'd you look afterwards..hehe Me? I really would like to have jawline and nose fixed. Maybe make my eyes a little bigger too.

Comment

I've just started, as you can see. I like it better here than talking with clinics coz most of them are just generated replies without any interaction at all. Looks like I'm not the only one. hehe Weird huh.. The more you do your research, the more you get to see what else can be done on your face and how'd you look afterwards..hehe Me? I really would like to have jawline and nose fixed. Maybe make my eyes a little bigger too.
                                        I see. I would like to have my eyes done but not make it bigger. I don't wanna look like a doll or something. No offense. Still thinking about jaw and nose surgeries though. What specifically would you like to have done? Are you going for a complete "transformation"? Or are you going to take a modest approach?

Comment

• Originally posted by danielle88 View Post
                                          I see. I would like to have my eyes done but not make it bigger. I don't wanna look like a doll or something. No offense. Still thinking about jaw and nose surgeries though. What specifically would you like to have done? Are you going for a complete "transformation"? Or are you going to take a modest approach?
                                          I havent decided yet. I think a modest approach would be right up my alley, but then why have surgery if your not really gonna do anything radical right. Might as well go for a transformation just as long as it looks "natural". Also i would not want to have to go through surgery multiple ties. I would rather get everything done all at once to get it over with. I understand what you mean. A lot of them make their eyes too big that it becomes assymetrical when you take the face as a whole.

Comment

• Hi cotters, just wanna share my progress with you girls. I went for mini incision double eyelids surgery on 12th March. Chose Dr Chen from Taiwan cos my friend did hers there too. Wanted to go for the stitching method by Dr Shen in sg initially but I was afraid that the results might not last. And the price I paid for the surgery in Taiwan is cheaper than doing the stitching method too, even with the tickets and accommodation counted in. Today is Day 4 post op and I'm already walking in the streets! So far so good
                                            Last edited by Summerainie; 16-03-2014, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• Hi there, great! I know overseas is much cheaper but having it done locally gives me a greater sense of security...Plus I have limited number of leave days. Haha, if you don't mind, post pictures of your new eyelids!

Mini-incision method, any visible scar?
                                              Last edited by shootingstar18; 18-03-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Hi! Sorry for the late reply. Here's the picture! This is just 4th day post op! Yes there's visible scar but I think it will go away with time. I can only apply the scar reducing cream 1 month after the surgery so I guess it won't fade away so soon?
                                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydrangea.SH View Post
                                                  Hi! Sorry for the late reply. Here's the picture! This is just 4th day post op! Yes there's visible scar but I think it will go away with time. I can only apply the scar reducing cream 1 month after the surgery so I guess it won't fade away so soon?
                                                  hey looking good! looks quite deep-set. cant see any scars though. maybe because no pics for closed eyelids. haha. which doc did you do with and what method did u opt for? just curious as to why you chose tapered over parallel eyelids?

also, do u have a before/after pic?
                                                  Last edited by shootingstar18; 24-03-2014, 10:46 AM. Reason: more qns

Comment

• my surgery is this fri and im soooo excited yet nervous at the same time!
                                                    heard that the injection of the local anaesthetic is freaking painful...so scared!
                                                    but im sure it would be all worthwhile!
                                                    im taking 5 days to rest, doing it on a fri for a reason so i can have 'extra' days to rest on sat and sun before applying leave for mon - wed. if it's still swollen then i guess i'll have to extend my leave, hopefully my boss doesn't kill me

which is nicer? parallel or tapered eyelids? i read that the former is currently very hot and especially good for those who wear makeup often (eye makeup esp). many others who already have double eyelids (tapered) now use stickers to create parallel ones....

Comment

my surgery is this fri and im soooo excited yet nervous at the same time!
                                                      heard that the injection of the local anaesthetic is freaking painful...so scared!
                                                      but im sure it would be all worthwhile!
                                                      im taking 5 days to rest, doing it on a fri for a reason so i can have 'extra' days to rest on sat and sun before applying leave for mon - wed. if it's still swollen then i guess i'll have to extend my leave, hopefully my boss doesn't kill me

which is nicer? parallel or tapered eyelids? i read that the former is currently very hot and especially good for those who wear makeup often (eye makeup esp). many others who already have double eyelids (tapered) now use stickers to create parallel ones....
                                                      mind sharing where you getting yours done? and is it cutting or stitching method?

Comment

• Originally posted by silvercrown View Post
                                                        mind sharing where you getting yours done? and is it cutting or stitching method?
                                                        hi! im getting mine done at celevenus clinic by dr shen.
                                                        it will be stitching method - Double Suture Technique (DST).

are u getting urs done too?

Comment

still doing my research and all.. how much is yours?

Comment

• Hi ladies

Can anyone advise how much Double Eyelid surgery typically cost in Singapore and Korea?

Is there anyone who experience a doctor whom will advice what kind of crease suits you best?

Will this surgery make your eyes bigger?

What's the all time good looking crease?

Thanks in advance! I am still contemplating.

Comment

• Originally posted by silvercrown View Post
                                                              still doing my research and all.. how much is yours?
                                                              hi i was quoted abt $2.3k all in except for $100 med...

Comment

• Hi everyone. I want to know some famous doctor eyelid in Thailand
                                                                Can you help me?
                                                                thank you so much

Comment

• i think i want to go back to re pump my fats graft again as they seem to be dying off already.

organizing and planning a trip in may, anyone wanna go together?

Date: 15 May - 22 May 2014
                                                                  Airlines: Singapore Airlines (SQ)
                                                                  Cost of air ticket: $728.20 (promo fare!!! buy ticket by 17 April to enjoy promo fare)

Accomodation: (can choose)

1) Cozy and clean Studio Apartment in Gangnam (easy access to airport, airport limousine bus just steps away and 10 minutes walk from clinic)
                                                                  approx $55 (can sleep up to 4 pax) or $150 (whole apartment)

2) Young Dong (3.5 star) Hotel (5 mins walk from clinic)
                                                                  approx $55 (twin sharing) or about $100 single.

Consultation with clinic will be fixed with the chief surgeon of the clinic.

Other pre and post surgeries services will be included as well.

Please reply me at [email protected] for more enquiries and details about this beauty trip if you are keen to join.

Thank you

Comment

i think i want to go back to re pump my fats graft again as they seem to be dying off already.

Cost of air ticket: $728.20 (promo fare!!! buy ticket by 17 April to enjoy promo fare)

1) Cozy and clean Studio Apartment in Gangnam (easy access to airport, airport limousine bus just steps away and 10 minutes walk from clinic)

Please reply me at [email protected] for more enquiries and details about this beauty trip if you are keen to join.

Thank you
                                                                    Hi! Just wondering, the effects of the fat grafting wearing off so soon?? :eek:

Comment

• Hi all,
                                                                      I just had mine done at tcs with dr shen, tdy is my 3rd day...
                                                                      my swelling subsided alot tdy but I dun find the lines or crease as obvious as some bloggers picts posted..
                                                                      ***** normal? Seriously I wont wana go thru another round of stitching cos the LA was unbearable! T_T

Comment

• Originally posted by Summerainie View Post
                                                                        Hi cotters, just wanna share my progress with you girls. I went for mini incision double eyelids surgery on 12th March. Chose Dr Chen from Taiwan cos my friend did hers there too. Wanted to go for the stitching method by Dr Shen in sg initially but I was afraid that the results might not last. And the price I paid for the surgery in Taiwan is cheaper than doing the stitching method too, even with the tickets and accommodation counted in. Today is Day 4 post op and I'm already walking in the streets! So far so good
                                                                        Hi, may i know the cost?
                                                                        Last edited by MinMin85; 27-04-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Hi

Exactly i dono about the cost for Double Eyelid Surgery in Korea.But i can give your free online consultation no of the Best Plastic Surgery Clinic in Korea.Just call and check with them.Try to get appointment for your surgery.

Contact No:+82-70-8827-1900

Comment

• Hi there,

I would like to know what's the different between stitching and cutting?
                                                                            Are both having the same risk?

Comment

• Originally posted by Summerainie View Post
                                                                              Hi cotters, just wanna share my progress with you girls. I went for mini incision double eyelids surgery on 12th March. Chose Dr Chen from Taiwan cos my friend did hers there too. Wanted to go for the stitching method by Dr Shen in sg initially but I was afraid that the results might not last. And the price I paid for the surgery in Taiwan is cheaper than doing the stitching method too, even with the tickets and accommodation counted in. Today is Day 4 post op and I'm already walking in the streets! So far so good
                                                                              Hi, mind sharing which clinic is Dr Chen located at in Taiwan? and what's the price of your surgery?

Comment

• Originally posted by sagits View Post
                                                                                Hi all,
                                                                                I just had mine done at tcs with dr shen, tdy is my 3rd day...
                                                                                my swelling subsided alot tdy but I dun find the lines or crease as obvious as some bloggers picts posted..
                                                                                ***** normal? Seriously I wont wana go thru another round of stitching cos the LA was unbearable! T_T
                                                                                Hi, mind sharing did you did the DST procedure and how much did you paid for it? Was the results good? Are the eyelids obvious? Also, what's LA? I am thinking of having it done but i am not too sure about whether can this Dr Shen's skills be trusted haha

Comment

• If do in Sg, confirm expensive. My friend did and after surgery really can't tell the diff.

Comment

• anyone here planning to go Taiwan for the surgery? maybe we could go together...

Comment

• hi... anyone done double eyelid with dr leslie kuek at gleneagles? heard he's good but nothing on double eyelid surgery...
                                                                                      also if anyone have done the incision technique pls share? thx! ^^

Comment

Hi there! mind updating us on the experience with dr shen?

Comment

• Hi Vern, i can't reply to your PM as your inbox is full. mind clearing so we could continue our convo?

Comment

• Anyone done surgery with Dr Andrew Tay using incisional method? Can share your experience and feedback on the results. Thanks!

Comment

i think i want to go back to re pump my fats graft again as they seem to be dying off already.

Thank you
                                                                                              Hi kissesfrombeigi,

I heard fat grafting doesn't last long... just a few months and it will be wasted away quite significantly... that's what i saw from my friend's result... she did fat grafting too for a more plump cheeks... at first really good, but 5 months later I met up with her and its almost back to square one. ... currently she's doing another treatment in singapore clinic called Sculptra... she is on her 3rd session now... boy... the result was good and heard it can last for more than 2 years. may be it's a good alternative for fat grafting. just to share la.

Comment

• Just removed my stitches and would like to share my honest opinion on the whole process and my wonderful surgeon.

I did my surgery at The Plastic Surgery Practice by Dr Andrew Tay via the mini incision method. I actually went to 2 doctors for consultation before deciding on Dr Tay.

- Dr Chen at Taipei Regent Clinic
                                                                                                - Dr Andrew Tay

You only have to pay a 10 sgd equivalent for a consultation with Dr Chen. He was really friendly and informative. Trying his best to address any concerns I had and show me how the crease would look like at different height. He believes the best shape can be achieved at "the golden point". One thing to note, he no longer performs double eyelid surgery via the suture method. I eventually chose Dr Tay cos I felt the way Dr Chen emphasis on cutting at the golden point will not be able to create the crease I want.

I had already scheduled my consultation with Dr Tay before Dr Chen but his earliest available date was after my holiday. Anyway, Dr Tay was really professional and warm, he listed down my concerns and preference and address them as it goes. He also used tools to simulate a crease and advise what kind of fold suit me more. He even ask me to think about it again if this is what I want. Not pushy at all. I felt extremely comfortable with him so immediately booked my surgery and paid 20% deposit right after the consultation. What contributed to my decisive decision was also due to a few reviews I found online. Most of the ladies did not had any major bruises or even any at all. Plus I found out Dr Tay is a perfectionist.. Haha that piece of info gave me the affirmation I need too.

On the day of operation, mine was scheduled in the afternoon, so I had to fast after 9am the same day. Thankfully I had a heavy meal before 9am cos I couldn't eat till close to 7pm later in the day. The nurses were very friendly. One of them went through what post op medication I need to consume and apply. She also gave me anti-swelling pills before the op.

I believe it's crucial that you know what kind of crease/look you want to achieve. If you are unsure, then it will be harder to communicate your ideal look to Dr Tay. Some things you should consider is the type of crease (tapered, parallel, in-out fold), the height of the fold (low, medium, high) and the kind of look you going for (natural, slightly higher crease so your makeup can be seen or a really high deep set look etc).

Dr Tay he was so sincere and genuine, I felt completely at ease after we finalize my desirable end results. He was indeed meticulous cos it took him an hour to measure, draw and redraw and simulate the crease again to double confirm we are good to start.

Operation was a success and everything went smoothly. The only pain I felt was the sedative they gave me on my hand (like an iv drip), when the needle went in. Dr Tay hold on to my hand reassuringly and talk to me.. Taking the concentration off the slight pain and check if I was okay. After the surgery, the nurses applied cold-compress on my eyes for awhile and medication on my eyes, and I was good to go.

No bruises at all after my surgery. Second day my eyes started to swell and bruise alittle, which is normal and what Dr pre-empted. I just avoided seafood except fish. And had a lot of pineapple and fruits in hope to help with the swelling. The swelling went down on the fifth day. And today (sixth day) I went to remove my stitches.

Dr say my eyes look good and recovery process went well! And from the start till now, I have been extremely happy and thankful to Dr Tay. My mum and friends were shock how little swelling and bruising I have. All in all, I am very satisfied with my eyes now and will highly recommend Dr Tay to everyone.

Please don't ask me for pic or pm me. I will try my best to answer all that I can here and help anyone who is keen to do their surgery with Dr Tay / have any question.

Comment

• Yes, I agree Dr Andrew Tay is good. I regretted not going to him when I did my eyelid years ago. Now I am going for enhancement in Korea - in fact, because the downtime is exactly 7 days before they remove the stitches, I am looking for people that are keen to go for surgery to join me in this trip. Please respond here if you are keen to join. SQ definitely having a promotion, but I guess while stock lasts. I also realise that it's better to do surgery during the cooler months...results can last better and longer.

Comment

• Has anybody done their double eyelid in Msia?

Comment

• Originally posted by elledavid View Post
                                                                                                      Yes, I agree Dr Andrew Tay is good. I regretted not going to him when I did my eyelid years ago. Now I am going for enhancement in Korea - in fact, because the downtime is exactly 7 days before they remove the stitches, I am looking for people that are keen to go for surgery to join me in this trip. Please respond here if you are keen to join. SQ definitely having a promotion, but I guess while stock lasts. I also realise that it's better to do surgery during the cooler months...results can last better and longer.
                                                                                                      How much was your surgery with Dr Andrew Tay?

Comment

• Hi adeliandwich!

Did you know that you could have a double eyelid creation procedure done for a fraction of the cost in Thailand?

There are next to no waiting times and you can save up to 80% on the procedure!

Just thought you might find this link to a company called MEDIGO useful!
                                                                                                        Last edited by rprash; 10-07-2014, 12:07 AM. Reason: mistake in text

Comment

• Hi girls,

Forums really helped me a lot in my research and care after my double eyelid surgery so now that I've done it, I'd like to give back!

I did my surgery with Dr Wong Saw Yean at Gleneagles. He was a very nice man, but his receptionist was terribly rude. Impatient to answer questions, not willing to clarify, and whenever I wanted to understand more she would snap at me and answer me shortly and rudely. She also didn't tell me enough information for the after care (that's why reading forums helped a lot more). She didn't even tell me what to do after the removal of stitches until I asked her if I was still supposed to put on cold packs, to which she replied shortly "No what, you put warm pack. I already told you" which she NEVER did by the way.

I did the incision method, and trust me its PAINLESS. It was painless during the surgery, and painless post surgery as well. I didn't even know it was done. They'll give you some pills to eat before the surgery and then you'll fall semi consciously asleep. You'll be able to hear what the doctor is saying but nothing more.

I avoided seafood, spicy food, chicken, eggs, dark coloured stuff, herbal stuff, tonics, alcohol, cigarettes about 2 weeks before the operation. Its been almost 3 months (did it 30th of April 2014) since the surgery and as usual, the nurse didn't tell me when I could resume a normal diet. Again, I had to ask. Apparently, you can resume all of that 2 weeks after the surgery, or 1 week after the removal of stitches but I'm still pretty safe when it comes to seafood and tonics. Haven't had much yet. But am drinking and having spicy food already.

Its still slightly swollen, but not obvious to anyone but yourself. My friends and colleagues can't tell that I've had double eyelid surgery but they do tell me that I look better and my eyes look much nicer! My left eye is swelling a bit higher than the right eye still, but its easily corrected by eyeliner. I wouldn't say the swelling has completely gone down, but it's gone down enough for people to not notice I've had surgery or even to see it as swollen. In fact, after the 1st month, the swelling had already disappeared according to my friends but it was still obvious to me (but you know we're always more critical on ourselves).

Let me know if you've any questions! Be glad to answer. Dr Wong is a great guy, very smiley, very genial, he just needs to give his nurse a good talking to :p

Comment

• Originally posted by elledavid View Post
                                                                                                            Yes, I agree Dr Andrew Tay is good. I regretted not going to him when I did my eyelid years ago. Now I am going for enhancement in Korea - in fact, because the downtime is exactly 7 days before they remove the stitches, I am looking for people that are keen to go for surgery to join me in this trip. Please respond here if you are keen to join. SQ definitely having a promotion, but I guess while stock lasts. I also realise that it's better to do surgery during the cooler months...results can last better and longer.
                                                                                                            If he is good, why don't you get enhancement done by him instead??

Btw, has anyone done it with Dr Chen, Regent in Taiwan?

Comment

• Because I heard so much abt korea n the surgery there can produce more drastic change that's why I chose korea n i went with a big grp but now regretted it bcos of the hassle. Now I'm GG there to redo bcos they compensate u for unsatisfactory results.
                                                                                                              Last edited by elledavid; 26-07-2014, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Hi Elledavid, I'm quite keen. Need to do a double eyelid revision - the first one was poorly done by Dr Wong - I have difficulty looking up. Felt like skin is strained and stretched.

When do you intend to go, and which clinic are you going to? You mentioned that the result was not satisfactory? If we go together, will you be able to accompany me to say 2 or 3 clinics for consultation?

Comment

• I am abit confuse now, is Dr Andrew Tay from Taiwan as well or only Dr Chen?

Comment

• Originally posted by beautyinclementi View Post
                                                                                                                    I am hoping for some feedback on cosmetic double eyelid surgery by Dr Chen of 麗晶診所 in Taipei. A Taiwanese friend recommended me to Dr Cher (���Ѹt�M�~���ά��e����, ����, ����, ����, ���U, ����, ������, ����, �d��) and when I googled his website, I was really impressed but unfortunately he don't even have time for a consultation and I was told I have to wait till next Feb for a slot. So I googled some local bloggers and taiwanese bloggers and came to know of Dr Chen. I am flying to Taipei next month to consult with Dr Chen and then do the surgery. I wud like to know of any Dr Chen experience out there. BTW, I have done quite a bit of stuff in Bangkok like fillers, slim face, botox and thread lift so if you ladies are interested, you can visit my blog howlikethat.blogspot.com and read them under my Beauty category. My friends are swearing by their collagen made and I can't wait to try it on my next trip next year. Thank you.
                                                                                                                    Hi gal,

Have you done your surgery?

Comment

• Originally posted by ln2912 View Post
                                                                                                                      I am abit confuse now, is Dr Andrew Tay from Taiwan as well or only Dr Chen?

Hello, Dr Andrew Tay is from Singapore.

I have decided to do my eyes under Andrew Tay. Will be doing it next year Jan, incisional method as the non-incisional method life span (according to their consultant) lasts for approx. 2 years only. I just wanna do it and get over and done with.

Comment

• Originally posted by yue.yue View Post
                                                                                                                        Hi,

anyone of you done non-incision double eyelids in singapore/ taiwan/ korea? Any good Doctors from which Clinic to intro? I don't dare to go for cutting~ too scary for me. hope someone can advice me here. Thx!

Hi, yue.yue!

I did my eyes done by Dr. Junesung Kim at May Clinic in Korea. It was my first eye surgery and I had no double eyelids.

I underwent double eyelid surgery and ptosis corrective procedure in a non incisional way. Each cost 2,000,000 won and 500,000 won, so total was 2,500,000 won. Stitches were removed on Day 3. I didn't expect to undergo non-incisional surgery, so I scheduled to stay in Korea for 1 week. If any of you plan to have non-incisioanl double eyelid surgery, You can stay in Korea for 3-4 days. Swelling was almost gone on Day 10.

Here is a photo of my eyes, which was taken a month after surgery!! So, please take a look. I'm super satisfied with my eyes :D
                                                                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

• anyone did revision?
                                                                                                                          I did mine cutting method few years back, feel like doing the stitching method to "adjust" my eyelids.

Comment

• Hey thanks cuddlelooker! But I am considering TW only..

Comment

• Originally posted by sharpie View Post
                                                                                                                              Just removed my stitches and would like to share my honest opinion on the whole process and my wonderful surgeon. I did my surgery at The Plastic Surgery Practice by Dr Andrew Tay via the mini incision method. I actually went to 2 doctors for consultation before deciding on Dr Tay. - Dr Chen at Taipei Regent Clinic - Dr Andrew Tay You only have to pay a 10 sgd equivalent for a consultation with Dr Chen. He was really friendly and informative. Trying his best to address any concerns I had and show me how the crease would look like at different height. He believes the best shape can be achieved at "the golden point". One thing to note, he no longer performs double eyelid surgery via the suture method. I eventually chose Dr Tay cos I felt the way Dr Chen emphasis on cutting at the golden point will not be able to create the crease I want. I had already scheduled my consultation with Dr Tay before Dr Chen but his earliest available date was after my holiday. Anyway, Dr Tay was really professional and warm, he listed down my concerns and preference and address them as it goes. He also used tools to simulate a crease and advise what kind of fold suit me more. He even ask me to think about it again if this is what I want. Not pushy at all. I felt extremely comfortable with him so immediately booked my surgery and paid 20% deposit right after the consultation. What contributed to my decisive decision was also due to a few reviews I found online. Most of the ladies did not had any major bruises or even any at all. Plus I found out Dr Tay is a perfectionist.. Haha that piece of info gave me the affirmation I need too. On the day of operation, mine was scheduled in the afternoon, so I had to fast after 9am the same day. Thankfully I had a heavy meal before 9am cos I couldn't eat till close to 7pm later in the day. The nurses were very friendly. One of them went through what post op medication I need to consume and apply. She also gave me anti-swelling pills before the op. I believe it's crucial that you know what kind of crease/look you want to achieve. If you are unsure, then it will be harder to communicate your ideal look to Dr Tay. Some things you should consider is the type of crease (tapered, parallel, in-out fold), the height of the fold (low, medium, high) and the kind of look you going for (natural, slightly higher crease so your makeup can be seen or a really high deep set look etc). Dr Tay he was so sincere and genuine, I felt completely at ease after we finalize my desirable end results. He was indeed meticulous cos it took him an hour to measure, draw and redraw and simulate the crease again to double confirm we are good to start. Operation was a success and everything went smoothly. The only pain I felt was the sedative they gave me on my hand (like an iv drip), when the needle went in. Dr Tay hold on to my hand reassuringly and talk to me.. Taking the concentration off the slight pain and check if I was okay. After the surgery, the nurses applied cold-compress on my eyes for awhile and medication on my eyes, and I was good to go. No bruises at all after my surgery. Second day my eyes started to swell and bruise alittle, which is normal and what Dr pre-empted. I just avoided seafood except fish. And had a lot of pineapple and fruits in hope to help with the swelling. The swelling went down on the fifth day. And today (sixth day) I went to remove my stitches. Dr say my eyes look good and recovery process went well! And from the start till now, I have been extremely happy and thankful to Dr Tay. My mum and friends were shock how little swelling and bruising I have. All in all, I am very satisfied with my eyes now and will highly recommend Dr Tay to everyone. Please don't ask me for pic or pm me. I will try my best to answer all that I can here and help anyone who is keen to do their surgery with Dr Tay / have any question.
                                                                                                                              Hi, I've been seeing quite a lot of good reviews from Andrew Tay. I would like to inquire how long did the surgery went. Scare shitless as I was totally grossed out by the double eyelid video on YouTube. Anyone out there wanting to do the surgery do not look it up. In addition, is there any lifespan differenxe between mini incision and full incision. And lastly, how do you convince your parents or you just go ahead?

Comment

• If your first surgery done badly by your old doctor or the surgeon you choose before that doesn't mean the surgeon you will choose now for your double eyelid surgery. please think carefully before you make this decision!! I know you are though lol but its your second attempt so do some deep research about the clinic for eyelid surgery you visit.

Comment

• The increased desire to go under the knife is likely the result of multiple factors. A growing Chinese middle class with newfound wealth means more people can travel and pay for procedures. Beyond that, the hugely popular Korean-obsessed subculture in China, built around television dramas, music and beauty products have turned Korean-style beauty fads into a trend among Chinese as well. The craze is believed to have originated as an imitation of the country’s K-pop stars (many of whom also go under plastic surgery themselves), who are wide-eyed, with small faces and pale skin.

Comment

• http://vivtop.ru/ - Мы продвигаем сайты наших клиентов только по коммерческим запросам (- купить, — цена, — стоимость, — заказать), в которых определённо выражена заинтересованность людей в продукте (например: купить фаркоп, оформить визу, подобрать тур).

Comment

• Nice! Thx 4 share

Comment

• Beyond Perfect Asia (BPA) believes in the empowerment of our customers’ lives through aesthetics. From restoring confidence, re-igniting passion to creating new life-changing opportunities, the results may be as unique as the experience you receive when embarking on our packages. Designed and customized for every individual, with services provided by highly-certified professionals, rest assured that you are in the best hands your investment can buy. Return rejuvenated and transformed, and take on the world as a brand new you once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SatyamHair View Post
                                                                                                                                          The increased desire to go under the knife is likely the result of multiple factors. A growing Chinese middle class with newfound wealth means more people can travel and pay for procedures. Beyond that, the hugely popular Korean-obsessed subculture in China, built around television dramas, music and beauty products have turned Korean-style beauty fads into a trend among Chinese as well. The craze is believed to have originated as an imitation of the country’s K-pop stars (many of whom also go under plastic surgery themselves), who are wide-eyed, with small faces and pale skin.

Yeah. It is getting popular to go under the knife even though the process is painful and expensive for the sake of having a perfect facial feature. But i heard that there will be severe side effect and they have to take some medication to ensure the side effect will not be painful or becoming worse, is that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by SatyamHair View Post
                                                                                                                                            The increased desire to go under the knife is likely the result of multiple factors. A growing Chinese middle class with newfound wealth means more people can travel and pay for procedures. Beyond that, the hugely popular Korean-obsessed subculture in China, built around television dramas, music and beauty products have turned Korean-style beauty fads into a trend among Chinese as well. The craze is believed to have originated as an imitation of the country’s K-pop stars (many of whom also go under plastic surgery themselves), who are wide-eyed, with small faces and pale skin.

Yeah. It is getting popular to go under the knife even though the process is painful and expensive for the sake of having a perfect facial feature. But i heard that there will be severe side effect and they have to take some medication to ensure the side effect will not be painful or becoming worse, is that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by potpourri56 View Post
                                                                                                                                              traumatised after surgery with dr wong sy

Did my eyelid surgery with Wong sy. He created 2 extremely deep scars at my inner lids n made my eyes shape funny. I really discourage anyone going to him. Pm me for pics. If u see my pic I guarantee u won't do with him. I went to Korea to do revision. Did consultation with a few ps docs. All said the eyelids Wong sy did were very badly done. Can u guys imagine how this so called caring n patient doc make my self esteem go all the way down? N fyi, the consultation with him lasted less than 5 min. I really regret going there.

If u wan excellent results, pls consider Korea.
                                                                                                                                              Hi dear, if you don't mind, can send me the pics ? i have actually booked the surgery with him but after reading through I am worried again.
                                                                                                                                              Last edited by mochitokki; 09-06-2016, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• I read reviews from bloggers on the internet and I had my non incisional double eyelid done early this year by Dr Shens from Centre For Cosmetic Rejuvenation & Surgery @ Shaw. It was not a good job done. My eyes looks one big and one small now. I believe the reviews are commercialized. I regretted not going to Dr Andrew Tay instead. Am planning to see Dr Andrew Tay for a revision. Ladies, please be careful when choosing the right doctor. Don't be the next victim
                                                                                                                                                Last edited by sweeswee; 17-08-2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• Hey sweeswee... sorry to hear that. I dropped Dr Shens an email and he actually replied me! I read many positive reviews from bloggers too. But their post-op pics of their eyes look good! Don't mind if I can see your current eye pic?

Comment

• Dear @little_poppets. I am sorry. It is not that I don't want to share any photos. I am undergoing depression due to my eyelid surgery. Just a word of caution to the ladies here. Research properly before making your decision. I saved a while for my eyelid surgery and I never expect the outcome to be like that. I was contemplating between Dr Andrew Tay and Dr Shen but I made the wrong decision.

Comment

• Hi girls,

Saw alot of mixed reviews. I eventually went to do my procedure with Dr Shen at Shaw after seeing some good reviews and blog posts.
                                                                                                                                                      I did my procedure in late May. It takes about 1 month to look all natural and its really scarless.
                                                                                                                                                      It has been 3 months plus now and I still have no issue with my new lids. Personally I feel that Dr Shen was very patient and i went back for 3 post surgery reviews with him (included in the package) to make sure all is going well.

Since its double suture, its more long lasting than suture. He says as long as i dont pull my eyes they can last forever. I hope. Why I chose this method is also because its reversible.
                                                                                                                                                      My friend did short incision and now her eyes are a little not balanced, the only remedy is to go for another procedure again.

PM me if you want my before and after photo. I'm not a blogger and i'm not paid to do this but I really like what I see now.

Comment

• Hi ladies,

I am interested in getting my eyes done (double eyelid and ptosis correction) and i read a review that Dr Andrew Tay and Dr Shenthilkumar Naidu was a great surgeon.

Was hoping anyone could let me know the estimate amount of both of the surgery? Of cause i know that the price may change and it actually depends on how to doctors advised.

Hoping to see some replies from here! (:

Comment

• Anyone had experience on doing double eyelid surgery with Dr Chen from Regent Clinic? Appreciate your input.

Comment

• Im also thinking of doing double eyelid surgery, and i have heard quite alot about Dr Chen from taiwan! But however would like to know how to contact him.
                                                                                                                                                            As im plannin to go taiwan this year march!
                                                                                                                                                            and also recently i saw xia xue just done a double eyelid surgery at Jb and they quote me $1800.
                                                                                                                                                            Last edited by cutegeburoo; 01-01-2016, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Hi I am new to this thread. I am contemplating a non incision procedure due to shorter down time. Can anyone share what is the average price? DR Andrew Tay seems to receive good reviews from the posts I seen. Anyone recently did double eyelid with him and can share pre and post pictures? Went for consultation with Woffles Wu. Find his price to be steep and the consultant process does not make me feel very much at ease. Thank you

Comment

• Hi Hi, anyone check on this before? http://www.cambridgetherapeutics.com...le-eyelid-lift

Non-surgical double eyelid method? they quoted me 1800++
                                                                                                                                                                Thanks!
                                                                                                                                                                Have a good day :flower:

Comment

• Originally posted by cutegeburoo View Post
                                                                                                                                                                  Im also thinking of doing double eyelid surgery, and i have heard quite alot about Dr Chen from taiwan! But however would like to know how to contact him.
                                                                                                                                                                  As im plannin to go taiwan this year march!
                                                                                                                                                                  and also recently i saw xia xue just done a double eyelid surgery at Jb and they quote me $1800.
                                                                                                                                                                  so confirm going TW to do? I also saw the xiaxue one, very tempting...
                                                                                                                                                                  Thanks!
                                                                                                                                                                  Have a good day :flower:

Comment

• Glad to chance upon this thread! FP used to have many discussion on cosmetic procedure and unfortunately the forum closed I wanted to achieve eyes like Sophia Chong, epi + double eyelid.

Is there anyone who has done this before? Can share more about your result

Comment

• I am going to Dr Chen at Taiwan in Nov for consultation and if ok, will go in Mar 17 for the surgery. Anyone keen to join for the surgery in Mar 17 as i am traveling alone so will be more flexible.

Comment

• Hi, i am new here and i will be doing my double eyelid with Dr Wong SY in 2 months time. I've read both good and bad reviews about him and i would like to know the latest experience with him since i am very worried. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                                                                        X