Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Cozy Celeb Array

choosing hotel should be 1.5 yrs in advance or even 2 yrs - if you want the hotel on your chosen date - people book as early as 2 yrs in advance - but your finance must be ready - some want a S$3-5K deposit & signing of contract when you have decided or when your name is on a date & someone else wishs to have that date as well - you will ahve to confirm your booking with a deposit.

Wedding photo shoots can start now if you like - it takes 2-3 mths to decide on your studio - doing homework which to take, then booking your gown fitting date, after which you need to try the outfits again on your photoshoot date - so book your leave for this date early as well - most days are fully booked in advance - if you miss this mth's date - it could be fallingback another mth! & then another mth for them to print the pics for you to choose then if you want digital landscaping/effects - you need about 1-2 mths to coordinate & check their work before your ok to print.

Start buying your shoes only when you have decided on your gown.

Have your mother & mother in law's gowns from the salon or tailored 2 mths in advance. pick a good tailor or shop early to decide if you should buy off the rack for them or tailor or let them do it themselves.

Choose your sisters & brothers & let them know in advance not to take leave togo tours during your wedding!

its good time to start now actually more time to do things at a better less hurried pace. facials can start in May 2007 onwards if you have not already started.

get a copy of her work or style weddings - you seem not to have a copy of their to do list & when to start. Those magazines have a great rough guide - but its your own wedding no hard & fast rules - dont panic if they say 1 yr in advance & you still have not made up your mind.

Cozy SuperStar Array blurblur25's Avatar

My AD is also in Nov07. I have already booked my bridal & resturant. I think as long you came across something you like (the venue), you better act fact, cause there might be other couple want to book on the same date & venue

Just my

Cozy Star Array

hello Ni-cole, u are not alone. i am same as u.. i think i appear too eager in front of my SO already and he is starting to 'sweat'...by the way,we havent even choose a date. thinking of late 2007 or early 2008.. seems like many 2007 brides..hee...

i am starting to look through some restaurants prices list, do research on the bridal studio etc. so far, havent even start booking any services yet . i will be starting to really look into it in Dec time. SO preferably wants both our parents to meet up next year to talk about our marriage..heee... meanwhile, we are planning to get dates from fengshui master in late november... hee

i agree with blurblur25...once you really know what u really wanted, then get on to booking immediately! dont wait... heee..

p/s: if you have in mind the restaurants, bridal boutique services. u can get it plan and done pretty fast ...

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by blurblur25
    My AD is also in Nov07. I have already booked my bridal & resturant. I think as long you came across something you like (the venue), you better act fact, cause there might be other couple want to book on the same date & venue

Just my

Hi blurblur25,

You already had booked your bridal package? Will it be too early? I thought it should be only around 9 months before the AD? But you mean you already booked, how about the trying of the gowns?

I think I'm abit oo slow.

What else I need to start working on? I'm abit lost on where & what to start on the preparations. It seems like there are a lot of things to do, but I don't know what are they & from where I should cut in.

Hi Ni_cole,
    before u scout for ur AD venue, need to have a rough estimation of the number of guests. make sure u can hit the minimum number of table required by the hotel
    it's never too early to book the bridal package. doesnt need to really wait till 9 mths before AD then u book coz most likely u'll b panicking already! 1 good pt abt bookin early is that u can take ur time to choose the gown and should there be any hiccups, at least there's still sufficient time to solve it

i have a colleague who had already booked her bridal package almost 2 yrs ago ( i havent even scouted for mine yet at that time!) and she had just gone steady with her bf for a few mths only. she's not even sure when they will b tying the knot!

Hi Ni_cole, I haven go down to choose & try the gown yet. Guess I will be going down soon. Take your time & choose and pick the bridal shop that you really want, and what they can offer you.

I feel more comfortable & relaxing now as the 2 important issue has settled. Now I can concentrate more time on my diet programe & browse through bridal magazine to look for ideas for my wedding gown.

Dont worry too much, my friend manage to get everything all done in less than 8months. Her proposal in Feb, AD in Mid Oct.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by blurblur25
    Hi Ni_cole, I haven go down to choose & try the gown yet. Guess I will be going down soon. Take your time & choose and pick the bridal shop that you really want, and what they can offer you.

I feel more comfortable & relaxing now as the 2 important issue has settled. Now I can concentrate more time on my diet programe & browse through bridal magazine to look for ideas for my wedding gown.

Dont worry too much, my friend manage to get everything all done in less than 8months. Her proposal in Feb, AD in Mid Oct.

Hi blurblur 25,

I think I'm getting a bit paranoid on the preparations. I keep worrying that I'm not doing enough to make sure I can get everything done in time.

Actually I had already shortlisted a few wedding boutiques, but I thought I should wait till my figure is acceptable, then I shall go & confirm where I want. I'm afraid of making the wrong choice because my figure is too fat for certain style.

By the way, any good way to slim down? All I know is pills & cut down on food, which is not working for me anymore, because I have serious gastric problems now, due to past dieting attempts.

I have flabby arms, thick thighs, love hurdles, etc. Ai yo..... you name it, I have all the flaws.

Any good way to tackle all these problems within 3 months?

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by Huan
    Hi Ni_cole,
    before u scout for ur AD venue, need to have a rough estimation of the number of guests. make sure u can hit the minimum number of table required by the hotel
    it's never too early to book the bridal package. doesnt need to really wait till 9 mths before AD then u book coz most likely u'll b panicking already! 1 good pt abt bookin early is that u can take ur time to choose the gown and should there be any hiccups, at least there's still sufficient time to solve it

i have a colleague who had already booked her bridal package almost 2 yrs ago ( i havent even scouted for mine yet at that time!) and she had just gone steady with her bf for a few mths only. she's not even sure when they will b tying the knot!

Hi Huan,

The problem now is I want to minimise losses, so trying to keep the dinner small. But this will need to exclude some of my friends & some of my husband-to-be's relatives. A lot of his relatives always come with a whole family of 10 people, but only give angpows of $400. So that's will be a great loss.

But on the other hand, feel a bit bad on excluding some relatives. I'm ok with excluding those "not so close" friends. But the issue on his relatives will be a bit sticky. Then my FMIL is those types who is very stingy with $, but wants us to make it grand, to let her look good in front of all relatives. She will not be helping us with the expenses, but insisted that we make it grand & good.

That's why I'm feeling stressed up with this preparations. A lot of areas to juggle & hoping to get everything right & good.

Anyway, how do you ladies confirm on the number of tables? Base on the minimum people? Or already come out with all the list that you are going to invite? Must I come out with the confirm list of guests before I book the hotel?

Hi Ni_cole, my AD venue is at a resturant, I confirmed 15tables but the place can hold up to max table is 22tables, I will confirm again at least 3months before the AD if I need more.

I think you have to consider your budget, for myself a simple wedding with close friends & relatives will do. Also I dont wish to inccur lots of debts for the wedding. We still need to plan for our futher love nest.

Do what you think is correct, dont be so stress up. Wedding preparation is once in a lifetime, as long you and your partner think is right + you are the main lead actor & actress, nobody can say you are wrong...

Cheers

Cozy Celeb Array

Dont worry nicole take things one step at a time. dont stress up as you are supposed to enjoy the preparations.

Ask for help when you need it from your SO & family. & dont worry too much about the details. although i booked my package 1.5 yrs before my wedding, i did go for fittings unti July for my Dec wedding. we had the photoshoot late oct & everything was ready by early December still.

I booked my wedding venue only in feb in the same year & only scouted for it in Jan as that's when he formally proposed.

its important that this is the love of your life & the most important thing now is this wonderful man you are marrying. let all the little things run into the drain, you dont need them if you dont have time for it - importantly you enjoy your preparations, & the wedding day.

My friend attacked me with what about this what about that. I calmly told her - these extras like making my own wedding cards, having a ROM party, etc is not important to me - i just want to marry my husband! & that's that!.

Dont be afraid to ask him to chip in ok - its not just your wedding -he too must come along to help make decisions as well.

Love ya!

Cozy Celeb Array

tabling is an art want to read my blog on weddings in singapore?

http://tpaper.blogspot.com/2006/03/p...singapore.html

you have to come up with a list of people only those you want to invite & try to keep to it -you dont have to confirm with the guests at this point - must also make all parties commit to this inlaws, your parents, you & your SO how many tables you each need & what cuttable - reasonabily talk all this out nicely. if the reasonable number of tables is 20 after cutting & negotiating, then book about 18 but make sure it can take 24 just incase - usually this tables & invites explode last min (especially now when you are stressed to make a list) but control the explosion.

My husband was made to sign the contract with the terms of cancellation - we needed to bear abotu 50% if we cancelled within how many months before the wedding & nearly have to pay about 100% if its too near the date, the hotel manager winked at me & said let the man sign the contract. "I am protecting you!" haha! he said you never know, just in case someone changes their mind about the marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ni_cole
    Hi Huan,

The problem now is I want to minimise losses, so trying to keep the dinner small. But this will need to exclude some of my friends & some of my husband-to-be's relatives. A lot of his relatives always come with a whole family of 10 people, but only give angpows of $400. So that's will be a great loss.

But on the other hand, feel a bit bad on excluding some relatives. I'm ok with excluding those "not so close" friends. But the issue on his relatives will be a bit sticky. Then my FMIL is those types who is very stingy with $, but wants us to make it grand, to let her look good in front of all relatives. She will not be helping us with the expenses, but insisted that we make it grand & good.

That's why I'm feeling stressed up with this preparations. A lot of areas to juggle & hoping to get everything right & good.

Anyway, how do you ladies confirm on the number of tables? Base on the minimum people? Or already come out with all the list that you are going to invite? Must I come out with the confirm list of guests before I book the hotel?
    Hi Ni_cole,
    No prob. that was my thoughts when i was scouting venue for my wedding dinner. i don't want to suffer too much losses and i don't want to invite too many ppl. just want to keep the dinner small. for me, i did not really count how many tables i need. and that was a prob in the end coz my MIL invited many friends and ended up my max cannot fulfil her invitations so we told her to let go some of the invites. both my hubby and i want to keep the dinner small and i wanted it to be in a hotel. so we looked around the various hotels in spore (according to their pricings). we decided on the minimum number of 25 tables as our date is on a weekend and normall weekends will have more minimum number of tables than during weekdays. we have some rough estimation on hand as his cousin had just held a dinner some time back. so we sort of did some allocation. good thing for me is that my parents do not intend to invite relatives on my side and that really cuts down alot!
    firstly u have to decide whether u want a hotel or a restaurant. and then slowly worked out the budget of how much u can spend on the dinner. take a step at a time. most impt is that both of u are financially comfortable with the spendings.

just my

Cozy Star Array

Ni_cole, dont feel like that. i am also abit getting paranoid on many stuffs that i need to look out for and especially the $$$$ problem.

fat for certain style? u havent really see me... if u did, u might not see urself fat already.
    i have pretty big arms ( flabby) and i got 3 tyre on my waist...... so u say le....
    what u can do is exercise and exercise within 3 months.u will definety see improvement in ur figure.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ni_cole
    Hi blurblur 25,

I think I'm getting a bit paranoid on the preparations. I keep worrying that I'm not doing enough to make sure I can get everything done in time.

Actually I had already shortlisted a few wedding boutiques, but I thought I should wait till my figure is acceptable, then I shall go & confirm where I want. I'm afraid of making the wrong choice because my figure is too fat for certain style.

By the way, any good way to slim down? All I know is pills & cut down on food, which is not working for me anymore, because I have serious gastric problems now, due to past dieting attempts.

I have flabby arms, thick thighs, love hurdles, etc. Ai yo..... you name it, I have all the flaws.

Any good way to tackle all these problems within 3 months?

Cozy Celeb Array

i was also waiting for my figure to slim down till my US 15this was US12 but hey it didnt. I tried my dress as a US 15 there abouts when my photo shoot came i went about 1 over week before to try it - i lad lost 2 inches off my chest! MY photo shoot was 31st Oct & my wedding was in less than 2 mths! & i didnt exercise at all.

wedding preparations are slimming so be of good cheer!

Dont worry so much - its hard to be perfect, but you can endeavour to be happy - just be positive & be happy.
    Last edited by vit_c; 14-11-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Cozy Rookie Array

how much time is needed to plan a wedding?

Hi cotters!
    I was wondering how much time is needed to plan a wedding? For bookings of banquets and sourcing for the BS etc, i dont want to be too late and miss out on the date but on the other hand, i dont want to seem overly eager...hehe..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast