email signup
Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I was the bridesmaid for my boss' wedding. We tailor made our gowns since we can't find anything that fits into the theme (lime green) and the bride requested for a long gown, so it was pretty hard to find. Got a friend of mine to design and got the gown out within a month! Cost was $350 for the shantung silk bustier and the chiffon skirt.

The gown didn't turn out as well as we expected but we made do with it. I would not recommend my friend though.

I wore it again for a gala dinner. I can also wear the bustier top with a pair of jeans, or cut my long chiffon skirt short.

You gals can try Tangs for short dresses. Saw some pretty dresses in cream, pale yellow or banana. Which is the in shade right now for bridemaid dresses. Price is around $100 per piece.
    Last edited by shazzerlyn; 15-02-2006 at 12:53 AM.

Cozy Rookie Array

I have shop almost every shops in orchard, Tangs, Plaza Sing etc..still couldn't find one that I like. I have ruled out tailor made because afraid that if doesn't suit me, have to spend money to buy another one -_-

Actually I found some pretty short dresses in Empire and LAvander..Empire is really nice but the price range starts from $250++ too expensive!! Lavender also not bad but would prefer dresses that is more versatile..if not may be will buy from Lavender

not too sure if i can post this but i have two identical dresses we used as bridesmaid gown from a gfren's wedding that I'll like to let go cheaply i'm too fat to wear it now anyways so not much use for my dinners. It's long dress so for height wise, minor altering should do the trick. it's daniel yam peachy satin with v-neck and the back is plunging v as well with ribbon details. the two sizes are M and L no prize for guessing L belonging to who PM me if you are on a budget cause no sense spending hundred bucks on something you'll only wear once?

Ahhh, i am bridesmaid for my best fren's wedding. We bought the dress already, peach color from Daniel Yam. Now looking for the shoes. Not too high, bout 2 inches heels, peach/silver/peachy silver. Any suggestions or anyone selling their fancy shoes? I am a local 7.

Quote Originally Posted by cutepuppy
    am loking for a gown/dress too for my brother's wedding..been to empire and lavender..Empire's dress/gown very nice but too expensive as i am not the bride :p..Lavender's not too bad, ard $160+, still thinking though..any more suggestion? I am loking for something that is more versatile so hope to wear more than once :p

TIA! :D
    HI there,
    DUno whether you've heard from Olive Suite from Delfie Orchard? I bought mine from there to use as tea dress. It cost me about $300+ but hey.... once u try it on, you'll loveeeee the cut, the feel, its boned so they tuck u in all the right places etc etc. Plus for the fabric they use to make the dress is well worth it! I should have a photo somewhere. if anyone want s a look, feel free to email me ok

Cozy Rookie Array

ya..i heard of that. but its just my brother's wedding not mine :p what are the price range?

Olive Suite is quite ex imo. One simple bustier knee-length dress can cost up to $400, but it's MTM though

Quote Originally Posted by peekaboo
    Ahhh, i am bridesmaid for my best fren's wedding. We bought the dress already, peach color from Daniel Yam. Now looking for the shoes. Not too high, bout 2 inches heels, peach/silver/peachy silver. Any suggestions or anyone selling their fancy shoes? I am a local 7.
    check out VNC or Heatwave for nice and cheap heels that would look great with your dress. I usually get my party shoes or dressy heels for evenings from VNC. Can also try Jwest but they're more pricey.

Thanks girl! Going to KL this weekend, will check out Vincci there!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by cutepuppy
    I have shop almost every shops in orchard, Tangs, Plaza Sing etc..still couldn't find one that I like. I have ruled out tailor made because afraid that if doesn't suit me, have to spend money to buy another one -_-

Actually I found some pretty short dresses in Empire and LAvander..Empire is really nice but the price range starts from $250++ too expensive!! Lavender also not bad but would prefer dresses that is more versatile..if not may be will buy from Lavender
    where is lavander located ?

Is it a norm that bridesmaids pay for their own dresses? From what I understand, if bridesmaids are to pay, they can wear whatever they want as long as it fits the theme, whereas if the bride insists on a certain dress, the bride will have to pay?

i think bridemaid pay for themselves? nonetheless, the bride should help pay a portion if she wants this and that. Else if she is okay to anything except dark colored dress/top no problem IMO. great for the jie mei or bridemaid to decide. but i think the bride should help the bridemaid source for a dress too. maybe rent one from the bridal boutique

There's no fixed rules on who pays for what. It all depends on whether the bride and bridesmaid are generous anot or if their finances allows them to pay for full or part of the cost. As for deciding on what to wear, it's usually the bride's decision on the colour theme, style etc. Some are particular like the last one I helped out, who insisted on lime green full length gown in the middle of the year. It was so hard to find a gown off the rack or rental so we had to tailor it.

For those who're on the lookout for decent looking and cheap bridesmaid gown, you can check out Diane Carol on level 2 of Wisma. It's facing the resatuarant or cafe, sorry can't remember exact level or name of cafe. They're having sales now and I saw this lovely long white gown going at $49! It's a steal!

Cozy Rookie Array

Actually, planning for a wedding is already very costly. to expect the couple to pay for all the bridemaids seems rather harsh. in any case, the bridemaids should be good frens of the couple in the first place, so i guess sharing the cost should be the way to go.

i also need a bridemaid dress for my sister's coming wedding. she offered to pay for my dress of cos but i declined cos i think she can use that extra bit of money for her honeymoon or watever! :p

wow, this Diane Carol sounds good! will check it out. thanks shazzerlyn!

Does anyone have any good tailors to recommend? thanks in advance!

Cozy Rookie Array

Anyone knows if Olive Suite has any 3/4 length gown that is suitable for an outdoor solemisation plus AD wedding?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast