Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123451323 ... LastLast

Niao / Neow = cat = stingy

Cozy Star Array

Queenie, it is definitely ok for your helpers to write the name of the person at the back of the ang paos. Just tell them to do it discreetly But be prepared that there will still be some "nameless" ang paos cos these may be handed by relatives to your parents directly.

That's what one of my friend did! When guests want to pass angbao to the bride or groom, they will asked them to pass it to the reception counter. Then the gals at the reception counter will try their best to write down the names on the back of the 'ang bao'

Originally posted by Queenie
    I heard this from a friend. That is to ask your helper to write down as many names as possible for those who don't write names on the back of the Ang Pow. This way, wedding couples will be able to match gifts/ang pow according to the guest list. Not sure if this is a good idea though.

Cozy Star Array

OIC.

Buttercup darling -> It would be good to give a lil explanation for the benefit of overseas cotters as well.

thanks gals. i reckoned that $80 should be ok too. personally, i also won't want the bridal couple to lose money. whether relatives or friends, it's gracious and nice of them to invite and welcome us to join them in their joyous occasion and we shouldn't just pack a $20 ang-pow for them. it only goes to show the kind of character they have if anyone do so.

i think writing down names is a good idea too. not really to 'blacklist' anyone but to me, it might let me know who are the stingy and less sincere ones, especially those who are loaded and yet just wants to come for a free meal.

Cozy Star Array

Yeah I understand. If only I can get my parents or PIL to pass me ALL the Ang Pows. LOL

Originally posted by Queenie
    If only I can get my parents or PIL to pass me ALL the Ang Pows. LOL
    I did! Much to the dismay of my FIL!

Cozy Star Array

Erhm, I thought it depends on who is the one paying for the dinner and the ang paos will go to who? (other than the bride's parents who will get to keep the ang paos from the tables that are allocated to them) So, if it is the couple who are paying for the dinner, I supposed it is only right the ang paos go to them right?

Originally posted by Vonnie
    Erhm, I thought it depends on who is the one paying for the dinner and the ang paos will go to who? (other than the bride's parents who will get to keep the ang paos from the tables that are allocated to them) So, if it is the couple who are paying for the dinner, I supposed it is only right the ang paos go to them right?
    I have seen the parents taking $$ even when the couple have to pay for their own dinner, reno etc etc.

For my case, I'm lucky my parents didn't take a single cent and we financed the wedding ourselves. BTW, my side didn't accept any dowery, so my PIL have no right to the $$$ at all.

after the whole long thread, can anyone tell me how much to give to a friend who is having her dinner at pan pacific?

a bit new to this ang pow giving thing, should $80 be enough? we are not super good friends, but i also don't want her to lose money

Cozy Star Array

$80 will be a good amount

Cozy Star Array

Qn: My boss was asked to be a witness to her friend's ROM. This is her first time and she's unsure if she needs to get a gift on the day of ROM or rather on the day of the wedding dinner.

Cozy Star Array

Rach, a small gift at the ROM and an ang pao at the dinner will be really nice

Cozy Star Array

Thanks! Will let her know

Cozy Star Array

Lumos, the cheapest menu in Pan Pac for 2003 is S$738.00+++. I bet this year is even more expensive. After including taxes, my guess is S$860 per table.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123451323 ... LastLast