email signup
Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

There is an album called Bossa 'n Roses - it's Guns N Roses songs, re-done with a bossa nova feel. I think it's great for weddings, especially if you like rock music but don't want to overdo it

Cozy Rookie Array

think most of you had chosen English songs.....

i am the only odd one out then hahaha

My First march in song is a Cantonese Song
    and second march in is a Spanish song for our salsa dance

First march in, i had used Eason Chan - 每一个明天

Cozy Star Array

My songs were:-

1st march-in : somebody
    2nd march-in: the wedding

My first photo montage:
    You're The Best Thing That Has Ever Happened to Me - Tommy Page
    Life in technicolour - Coldplay
    March-in: It's Your Love by Tommy Page

I didn't do a 2nd march-in but had played a 2nd photo montage with Ronan Keating's This I Promise You.

Cozy Rookie Array

saw this today...

From TODAY Online:

SINGAPORE - Wedding couples planning to show video or photo montages accompanied by popular love songs - the de rigueur for wedding celebrations these days - should think twice: Either they cough up between $100 and $200 for each song or risk getting hit in the pocket for copyright infringement.

MediaCorp has learnt that the Composers and Authors Society of Singapore (Compass) - which represents over 1,000 composers and lyricists in Singapore, including JJ Lin and Taufik Batisah, and at least one million more members worldwide - is clamping down on the illegal use of copyrighted music for weddings.

It has sent letters to wedding photographers and videographers asking them to buy the licences for songs they wish to use - on their corporate websites and in their works - while stopping short of suggesting active enforcement.

Compass' actions have left industry players in a limbo, with some even advising their customers against using copyrighted songs in their own amateur montages.

Engineer Benjamin Koh (not his real name), for one, has decided to do away with music completely on his photo montage, to be shown during his wedding reception next month.

His three-week effort would show pictures of their growing-up years and courtship days in silence, without the romantic love song he and his wife had chosen.

"It's a bummer because it's less touching without the music, but I'm not willing to pay for the licence," said Mr Koh, 29, who learned about this from his wedding photographer.

When contacted, Compass confirmed that it has stepped up efforts this year to collect royalties from wedding videographers and photographers - it has been writing to them since January, asking them to pay licence fees.

The stricter enforcement arose from the "increasingly rampant" use of copyrighted material, the spokesman said, without disclosing how it arrived at such a conclusion.

Although most hotels pay an annual fee for the rights to play a list of copyrighted songs in their premises, the spokesman said wedding couples still need to pay to play copyrighted songs at their reception.

Penalties Unclear

Many couples told MediaCorp they were unaware of such a requirement and felt the licence fees were too costly.

"A wedding is a private event where you invite your close friends and relatives to celebrate together; not a public performance where you charge an entrance fee," said newly-wed Felicia Lee, 25.

Compass declined to say what would happen to those who flout the rules but said it has not conducted "raids" at wedding receptions so far.

According to the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore website, remedies for copyright owners in civil lawsuits include injunctions, damages and account of profits. Depending on the flagrancy of the infringement, the court may also order additional damages to be paid by the infringing party to the copyright owner.

For now, it seems that those who make a living out of shooting wedding photos or videos are under closer scrutiny.

Said the spokesman: "The fundamental thing is the music is not created by you, so you can't take someone else's efforts and profit from it."

Compass is apparently stricter about the use of music on the websites of photographers and videographers, and these lensmen fear business may suffer if it comes down equally hard on wedding montages.

"If Compass decides to clamp down on this and charge us, we will have no choice but to raise our charges," said a freelance photographer.

Another felt that Compass should be more transparent. "They should state clearly who they represent, which are the copyrighted songs, and how much one has to pay for different uses - for example, on a website or for a photo montage," he said. "That way, businesses will be more willing to pay for the licences because we can then prove to customers there's a reason for raising our charges."

wow! so bad...

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Check out Compass website

actually, it's only S$50 if you use background music for your wedding. but of course, if you use video, i think it's a different charge.

http://www.compass.org.sg/cIndex140.aspx

Cozy Rookie Array

Wedding song That i like to hear in my wedding is also "kiss a girl", I like that song very much .....

Adam Shefard

Wedding Gown Dress Preservation
    USA Wedding Dress Preservation

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Very good list of wedding song compilation

Hey I came across this list

It is very comprehensive... I am engaging this live band for my wedding.. they are called Acoustic Saturday...

http://www.acousticsaturday.com
    http://www.acousticsaturday.com/songlist-showcase

Found them through a friend, very good service and music is top notch from my preview

Anyway, I think so far they hvae compiled a very good list of wedding song.. i like the songs which they have listed down and their music style

Cozy Rookie Array

In my brother's wedding they used the songs of Bruno Mars: Marry me and Lionel Richie: Endless love

Cozy Rookie Array ForevermentMemories's Avatar

My march in song was celin dion's the power of love.

I think jazz is good for wedding song.

Cozy Rookie Array

check out this link on wedding songs...they have a whole long list to choose from.

Music | Wedding Tweets | Singapore Weddings Made Easy

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910