Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 49 of 287 FirstFirst ... 293947484950515969 ... LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by missuscamis View Post
    paintedlife: Why don't you try Merpati Creations? I'm a waist 32 and they did up new outfits for me But I'm not sure if other brides get this treatment or is it cos I know them well
    ouh.. i'm taking amani weddings for me.. ouh.. no babe.. i'm damn petite.. but i think monie mong should not discriminate brides.. very demoralizing..

anymore food reviews for amani weddings? i got a food testing with them tomorrow but i don't feel like going.. it reaches to a point where i don care every tiny bit of the planing.. haha..

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by paintedlife View Post
    ouh.. i'm taking amani weddings for me.. ouh.. no babe.. i'm damn petite.. but i think monie mong should not discriminate brides.. very demoralizing..

anymore food reviews for amani weddings? i got a food testing with them tomorrow but i don't feel like going.. it reaches to a point where i don care every tiny bit of the planing.. haha..
    paintedlife: I feel you, babe.. I'm starting to feel blah about the planning. And I know I shouldn't! Damn..

Cozy Rookie Array

Anyway, do any of you have any experience attending / having your own wedding at the Singgahsana Hall at the Malay Village? I'm still sourcing for a good venue to cater to a combined wedding.. I heard that the rent for the Singgahsana Hall is pretty steep but I've just emailed them to enquire anyways..

In fact, I am in a dilemma as to whether I should stick to my initial plan of doing a combined wedding. Cos the compromise needed between both parties can be a little tough to handle at times. That's why I'm starting to steer away from the idea of a combined wedding. And it just gets so confusing cos the FH and I really can't decide. One moment we say we'll stick to the combined wedding. And the next thing we know is that we are talking about doing it separately..

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    paintedlife: I feel you, babe.. I'm starting to feel blah about the planning. And I know I shouldn't! Damn..
    we try not to do everything at once. we target to settle two or three things per month. one at a time.

suede - i'll be doing a combined venue. so far, prep wise, things have been ok. perhaps cos i've already settled my deco. and a month after I paid my decor deposit, we changed our minds and decided on a combined venue (thankfully his side masih belum start on anything. saved us a lot of trouble on the 'compromising' issue).

we'll probably decide on the budget and menu for food next month or something. for this month, we intend to settle the videography and desserts only.

Cozy Rookie Array

cookiejar: I see.. Best of luck with your hunt for your desserts and videographer.. You decided to have your food and desserts separated?

Anyway, I actually already settled my decor, caterer, bridal, entertainment, photography and videography. And now, if we decide on a separate wedding, we'd have to start looking for decor, caterer as well as entertainment for his side. I've got less than a year from now.

All the best to all of ME and all the best to all of us..

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    cookiejar: I see.. Best of luck with your hunt for your desserts and videographer.. You decided to have your food and desserts separated?

Anyway, I actually already settled my decor, caterer, bridal, entertainment, photography and videography. And now, if we decide on a separate wedding, we'd have to start looking for decor, caterer as well as entertainment for his side. I've got less than a year from now.

All the best to all of ME and all the best to all of us..
    thank you

actually, we have already decided on the videography & desserts. will be meeting them soon to make deposit

yupes. food & desserts will be seperate cos my dad die-die nak his preferred caterer. we'll just go along with it as long as it is budget-friendly. so both sides will be using the same caterer.

since the caterer-friend can only cater the main dish & doesnt do desserts, it works out well for me cos my mum & i also die-die wanna engage noza wedding services for our desserts & coffee corner
    videographer will be smartmat media.

we choose to have a combined wedding venue (but two different days for each family) so that the extra money saved can be used to start our life together as husband & wife. it would most certainly be scary to spend a lot for the wedding... and only have a few hundreds to your name in the bank account after all have been paid for.

good luck to you! hopefully things will work out soon for you.
    Last edited by cookiejar; 10-12-2010 at 05:10 PM.

cookiejar, combined wedding venue but different days for each family is it similar to doing separate? Does that mean that photography, videography, kompang, entertainment, etc will be times two? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a little confused and also finding tips to save money where I can

Suede, from what I know usually the groom's mum handle the groom's reception cos its really quite crazy for the bride to plan both sides haha. I'm doing combined wedding cos we didn't want to do the bertandang. And overall I think we saved quite a bit too. Yes the compromising can be tough but it helps that both our parents are not very particular.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by skylantern View Post
    cookiejar, combined wedding venue but different days for each family is it similar to doing separate? Does that mean that photography, videography, kompang, entertainment, etc will be times two? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a little confused and also finding tips to save money where I can
    will be using the same photographer, videographer and caterer for both days.

we save on:

1. venue. it'll just be a void deck wedding (to stick to budget + in case of emergencies, clean toilets at home guaranteed)

2. share the same deco (that can save us abt 2K).

3. share the same tables + chairs

4. we intend to rent audio system and simply play instrumental songs in our playlist. no DJ or karaoke. our idea is to have our guests mingle and catch up with each other. so they can chit chat. once in a while, an assigned person will make necessary announcements. (DJ is the last thing ppl would remember abt a wedding. we'll just seek the help of a family member to man the system)

5. saves us from the dicey issue -> duit salam.

6. his side can still have the menu of their choice on saturday. and my side can have the menu of our choice on sunday -> saves the trouble of discussing an acceptable budget for food & menu which both parties can agree upon.

7. we intend to skip the expensive gifts exchange. only biscuits, tarts, pie etc. (to us, it's not an important component of a wedding. nobody will remember what you get for your hantaran, anyway. but to each his/her own)

we did consider a combined wedding... but concluded that it wouldnt be fair for his side. his side intend to invite 500, but mine will be a grand invite list of 2000 people. we foresee, in the long run, it could cause some frictions --> how much should he pay for the catering, berkat, confusion over duit salam etc.

we intend to keep things simple. the only 3 things i'll be splurging on are
    1. videographer / photographer
    2. bridal make up
    3. deco

food for my family's invites will be sponsored by my parents *phew*

all in all, the maximum i'm willing to fork out for the wedding is 23k.

hope that helps.

Cozy Rookie Array

hi Ladies....

I totally agree on *** Cookiejar's point no 7 ...we were thinking of the same thing too...anyw my FH was planning to get me a ring to go down on his knees ..he wanted it to be a surprise me but not anymore ... *** wondering *** you ladies think...how many rings do we nid? for example ok obviously 1 on e wedding day itself rite n 1 more for e so call 'engagement' so wic comes first e diamond ring den e wedding band or the other way round??

thanks ladies....

Cozy Rookie Array

Cookiejar: Good points you've got there. Totally agree with you..

Anyway, I've finally decided to do a separate wedding, after all the confusion. I feel it's better for FH and me cos there's some friction between the 2 families.. So to avoid more misunderstanding, I reckon it's better to do it separately. Really hope all goes well..

Planning for this whole wedding thingy can get so stressful at times. And I keep telling myself to be extra patient. Has always been a rollercoaster ride and I always pray that things will get better..

People always say there will be 1001 obstacles during one's period of engagement. Maybe this is it.. This is just the beginning to the marriage life that we're entering..

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi Ladies

I have been reading through the whole thread and will like to thank all the lovely ladies for all the ideas. My wedding will be in November next year and i only managed to book the venue, andaman and caterer.

Have any of you use Sultanah Bridal before for deco or andaman. I might be getting her for dais/deco.

Please advice.

Cozy Rookie Array

suede: ya, i'm tired of planning.. addition to the stressfulness, my father keep on calling me and telling me what he wants for the wedding and stuff (he die2 wants 100pax only!) so yah...

cookiejar: i have to do everything at once, 10mths to go and i just get to know the final date of my wedding a few days ago (FH family is particular about auspicious and non-auspicious date!) plus i have not book anything except for bridal and indoor/outdoor shoot..

ladies (and gentleman, if there's any!) i need help finding:
    1. videoman
    2. cameraman (i've got a quotation for 560 for 2days from some cameraman)
    3. caterer (went to amani food testing, not bad but the meat is very hard and chewy.. and i've got one from a family friend but she only provide the food but no buffet tray, have to rent or buy!)
    4. inhouse dais (i wanted to take daundco for inhouse dais as kasaisayang are full, any more deco?
    5. DIY bridal room (any suggestion to do my own bridal room?)

TIA!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mojito_Eliz View Post
    Hi Ladies

I have been reading through the whole thread and will like to thank all the lovely ladies for all the ideas. My wedding will be in November next year and i only managed to book the venue, andaman and caterer.

Have any of you use Sultanah Bridal before for deco or andaman. I might be getting her for dais/deco.

Please advice.
    hello Mojito_Eliz, may i know who you take for caterer? My friend use Sultanah andaman and i simply love it.. for the deco, i'm not sure..

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi Paintedlife, i am getting Razel catering for both lunch and dinner. Lunch at S$8,025 for 500 pax and dinner $10,700 for 200 pax. Met the Sales Manager yesterday and signed up with them instantly. I have placed a deposit with Sultanah for the andaman but am thinking of getting Grandeur Fai instead as we have also placed a deposit with Fai for the photo shoot. So thought of using Sultanah for deco so that our deposit will not be forfeited.
    Last edited by Mojito_Eliz; 13-12-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mojito_Eliz View Post
    Hi Ladies

Please advice.
    hello

my friend engaged Sultanah for her wedding make up. she looked perfect that day. dress was beautiful as well

the deco, i have yet to see one.