Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341222 ... LastLast
    Cozy Star Array

Originally posted by esabelle
    Grand Copthorne
    I saw the pics in the bridal magazines, was sold at the settings.

Choc, I ROM-ed last June but my customary will not be held so soon.
    Last edited by dolphin; 20-08-2003 at 05:29 PM.

Cozy Star Array

Mine was held May '02 in the Four Seasons Hotel. Highly recommended. Amazing service, amazing food, amazing ambience. Cost about $900 per table.

Sharing the experience of my colleague, she have had her ROM and holding her wedding dinner in Jan next year.

She's going to hold her sit-down wedding dinner at Sentosa. I think the list of invites at the moment is about 300 people. And she has also reserved 15 hotel rooms for her friends and guests, among which about 13 rooms have been taken up.

Actually i'm also thinking of getting a room through her since next day after the wedding dinner is a public holiday. my bf and i can have a mini holiday there. it's been ages since i last set foot in Sentosa and would pretty much like to go again.

I favour the idea of holding a wedding at places like this. A
    refreshing change of location from those usually held in town. but then of coz, there are a lot of arrangments to be seen to, especially transport in this case.

I also had an friend's bro who held his wedding at Sentosa. But it was a buffet dinner. From the photos, the place and atmosphere seem to make it a dreamy and romantic affair. Nice!

Originally posted by chocolate
    I had my wedding on 21st Apr 03 ...hmm that wasnt too long ago was it ....I had church wedding in the day and sword ceremony + wedding banquet the same night at CONRAD International ( near suntec .)
    OT.
    Though I not eaten or attended any weddings at Conrad before, I do believe their service standard is superior. I went for a job interview before and had met up with several HR managers and Director. Though their job are what many people would say 'back-end' work, they are all very polite, professional and friendly. It was great joy talking to them.

Mine will be in Raffles Hotel. Per table ard $900+++. I have only 20 tables and planning to cut to 18. Pple whom we've not met this year are not in our invite list. Hence the small number.

Service so far ok. They are known to be inflexible with certain things but they have not encountered a bride like me in their 100 years of history - yet. So we shall see...

mit

Conrad Centennial!!!!! had my rom reception & wedding dinner there! Service fantastic!!! Need not worry too much...as the coordinators are very "assuring"

Mine's at Fullerton. Given another chance, I wouldn't choose another venue. I love it there! Service was and the two nights stay at the double-storeyed suite was nothing short of heavenly divine!

Cozy Star Array

I had mine at Ritz Carlton. Service was excellent and I did not have to worry about the setting and the programme. Embience was excellent! It was all handed by the wedding consultant. The food is not that great though despite upgrading my menu and it taste much better during food tasting..Paid about $1k per table and I must say if given a chance I would still choose Ritz. The 2-night stay at the bridal suite was simply out of the world. Had my massage in the room and it was the best I ever had...The room was so huge and the views is really to die for....I had to drag my friends out of the room because they refused to go back!

Dol, I am sure yours will be a beautiful one Can't wait!!

Xue

Originally posted by kare2711
    Mine's at Fullerton. Given another chance, I wouldn't choose another venue. I love it there! Service was and the two nights stay at the double-storeyed suite was nothing short of heavenly divine!
    this is where i'd LOVE to have my wedding dinner!!! (assuming i do actually get married) Fullerton's simply lovely. the service there is excellent and the pricing is reasonable.

i love the restaurant right at the top of the building..

chris: politely disagreeing here, i have attended quite a few relatives' dinners at sentosa. while the idea is very romantic, the implementation often falls short. the dinner's often not very good and most of the time, they end up having it in the hotel. furthermore, many people complain about the inconvenience of getting into sentosa...

i personally would love to have my dinner on Siloso Beach, but it seems like it's quite impractical. :/

Cozy Star Array

Originally posted by ataraxia
    i personally would love to have my dinner on Siloso Beach, but it seems like it's quite impractical. :/
    But a beach solemnisation and cocktail is very possible

this is where i'd LOVE to have my wedding dinner!!! (assuming i do actually get married) Fullerton's simply lovely. the service there is excellent and the pricing is reasonable.

Yah, it was love at first sight with Fullerton. We were banquet room-shopping until we came to Fullerton. The moment I saw it, I knew I wanted my wedding there. Initially SO didn't want it because of the price, but he relented *phew*! Even thinking back can bring back tears of happiness for me. That's what Fullerton can do to me. Sigh, sigh.

My cousin had his wedding at Ritz Carlton too and it's also very very grand. Even as a guest, I could play dress up and look so elegant and act like celebrities. I sure would love to attend another wedding there!

I also toyed with the idea of having my party at a beach, but SO's and my family are so traditionalists that they'll flip if I even suggest it.

Xue

vonnie: true true... our idea was to have dinner on the beach (Sharky's at Rasa) then dance the night away at Mahalo's, cos that's where we went on our first date. but solemnization followed by cocktails on the beach sounds lovely too!

(and yes, we're quite strange. talking about stuff like that when i'm so ****** young! :LOL

kare: sigh... i agree. stayed there one night for Esplanade's opening to catch the fireworks. it's soooo gorgeous! great choice there dear.

Cozy Star Array

vonnie: true true... our idea was to have dinner on the beach (Sharky's at Rasa) then dance the night away at Mahalo's, cos that's where we went on our first date. but solemnization followed by cocktails on the beach sounds lovely too!

(and yes, we're quite strange. talking about stuff like that when i'm so ****** young! :LOL
    Yup, solemnisation on the beach under a white marquee.... Hmmmm.....

Not strange at all It is always nice to think and dream about what the two of you want to achieve together.... Marriage preparations is just the very first step

Default Re: Wedding Banquet

I have attended my cousin's wedding at the marina mandrain ballroom before. =)

Thumbs up for the service and not to forget the mnost important of all... the FOOD!

Originally posted by dolphin
    For those who had your wedding banquet, share with us when/where you had yours.

For those who are in the midst of preparation, where are you going to held the event? Settings?

Come and share with us your experiences and information here.

Originally posted by stressed
    Mine will be in Raffles Hotel. Per table ard $900+++. I have only 20 tables and planning to cut to 18. Pple whom we've not met this year are not in our invite list. Hence the small number.

Service so far ok. They are known to be inflexible with certain things but they have not encountered a bride like me in their 100 years of history - yet. So we shall see...
    i was still telling my bf last night that among my aquaintances, friends and relatives, there were no coupleswho had heldtheir wedding at Raffles Hotel so far. and then today, i saw your post.

xue: i agree very much about the transportation problems and such. so anyone holding their dinners there should have careful & detailed planning. or else it's rather troublesome.

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341222 ... LastLast