Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 33 of 153 FirstFirst ... 132331323334354353 ... LastLast
    Cozy Star Array

any girls here know if there is a different finger to wear ur wedding & engagement ring? wedding ring / band we wear it on left 2nd last finger...what abt engagement ring?

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by zjaninez
    My friend had a bad experience with Larry though. Her ring turned out to be badly done; the prongs were of uneven length and the ring was not secured properly. She had an to-and-fro argument with Larry, in the end she decided to save herself the heartache and got someone else to reset her ring.

BTW, if you're thinking of getting solitaries, maybe wait till Jan 2006. Because there's new specifications for the 'perfect cut' so those perfect-cut that Lee Hwa and all other boutiques are selling now, will not be relevant from Jan 2006 onwards.
    I have been to Larry quite several times, would say that their service is professional, patient, and good product knowledge, unlike those Sales people in Goldheart, Lee Hwa.

I would recommend Stanley from Larry Paragon, who is very patient. For Larry @ Takashimaya, look for Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinetiffany
    any girls here know if there is a different finger to wear ur wedding & engagement ring? wedding ring / band we wear it on left 2nd last finger...what abt engagement ring?
    I wear both my engagement ring and wedding band together on my ring finger. Designed them such that they look nice worn together.

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Engagement ring: Lazare Diamonds from Larry Jewellery or Diamonds from Tiffany & Co.

Hello everyone.

Can give me some comments/advise on which is better? Lazare Diamonds from Larry Jewellery or Diamonds from Tiffany & Co.?

I went to Larry, the Lazare diamonds really very nice & sparkle a lot. The diamonds I saw at Tiffcany & Co. also very very nice.

I'm neutral on the diamonds but prefer the design in Tiffany & Co. But I heard from a friend that Tiffany & Co. uses Lazare diamonds too, but due to some legal issues, they can't use the name "Lazare" to market their diamonds.

Is it true?

Anyone knows about the certifications of diamonds? Lazare diamonds is certified by Lazare Lab themselves, while Tiffany & Co. grade their own diamonds too.

Which is more reliable? Which diamond is better?

Every jewelry brand available here in Singapore will claim that they have the most perfect cut for diamonds. For Larry it's the Lazare, for some local brands, it's hearts on fire so on and so forth.

As far as my knowledge goes, the more reputable certs. for diamonds come from GIA or HRD. There could be a couple more I can't recall off-hand.

I like the Tiffany classic knife-edge 6-prong engagement ring, but I refused to make my husband pay so much just for the name. Frankly, you have to ask yourself if you're willing to pay that price for a certain quality of diamond (depending on the Cs).

I'm quite sure Tiffany doesn't use Lazare diamonds. Lazare diamond is just a product after using Larry's 'ideal cut technology', if you get what I mean.

Cozy Star Array

Finally I can have an enagement ring At first my SO give me a choice to choose either a 0.50 diamond ring or a cartier band round with diamond( screw motif). I chose the latter as is more meaningful though I have to say that I'm kinda of sad that I can't have it together with an enagement ring. Now I'm so happy, my SO just told me last week that he will like to get me an enagement ring but he asked me to do my own 'research' first before asking him to go down and pay. I have always wanted to have a 0.5 VS1 D princess cut diamond ring but one of the SA told me that if I'm going to get a 0.5 princess cut, is best to get a VVS1and that's another 1k more. In the end, I told him I will settle down with a 0.5 brillant cut VS1 D and would like to change to a thicker band instead of the thin band that usually comes with the diamond. Of course again, there's an extra charge for the thicker band and it will take about a month to complete the setting. He told me the market to change to a thicker band is very small as it will make the diamond looks smaller. Yes maybe is true but I would like to wear my cartier band together with the enagement ring. Can't really visualize as I have not get the cartier band yet and there's no solitaries with a thicker band there. SO trusts me so much and I hope that I will not disappoint him. Intend to get this ring from Lee *** next monday or Tuesday. Anyone has any experience of changing to a thicker band? Anyone has any bad experience from Lee ***? Bernard Teo was the person who attended to me, anyone ever serve by him?
    Last edited by superBum; 17-02-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi caden28,

Same as you, I like the Tiffany classic 6-prong engagement ring too. I fell in love with it when I first saw it at the store. It's love at first sight.

My boyfriend insisted in a Lazare diamond, because he said he wants to get a good quality diamond ring. He said since he already had to spend a bomb on a diamond ring for me, he will rather get a good diamond ring. He's willing to compromise on the size of the diamond.

For me, I prefer Tiffany's ring, because of its superb design, not of the brand name. Why I say their design is good because usually the diamond has to be above 0.5carat, then it will not look too small in a 6-prong setting.

But that day I saw a 0.33carat ring at Tiffany, it don't look small at all. I concluded that Tiffany's design is so superb that it will not make the diamond looks small, instead it will make the diamond stands out more.

I'm not sure am I really correct to have such conclusion.

Anyway, any other recommendations on where I should go & search for my engagement ring? I heard Cartier is not bad too. Any other place?

Anyone knows of any place that provide very very good custom-made designs, services and craftmanship?

Last edited by duckiee; 18-02-2006 at 03:09 AM. Reason: removed quote

Cozy Celeb Array

i am a Tiffany fan & was rather crossed when my brother in law said this but you might just want to hear him out.

into my face (& my hubby's) he said Larry's diamonds are more worth it. My E-ring is a Tiff. but he got his wife a local brand Diamond E-ring neither TIff nor Larry.

it really depends how particular you are but if yuo ahve to cut down on other things to get a Larry or Tiff - better think again - u might want to rob him later still can. dont begrudge yourself of toehr wedding stuff just becuase you over spent on the E-RIng.

I find Larry's diamonds too big or rather they only show the huge ones. But typical classic cut - get brillant cut (round) 6 prong - & one that shines - some 6 prong designed badly will not let light in as well as the classic TIffany.

But mind over matters - u shop around then decide what's best for you & your hubby's pocket as well.

As i got Tiff - i sacrificed for caret size. since i wanted brand & design - think through what matters to you. I couldnt take a too big caret also as i dont want it too big & its hard to wear everyday without being an overkill or worried about snatch thieves! I got one i was confortable with. Still think its too big when i collected it (the Tiff SA said * phew for my hubby - cos alot of ladies *whince & want bigger ones)

My E ring & wedding bands are all from Tiffany&Co, & although the platinum bands suffer minor scratches here & there, the diamonds still sparkle as brightly. I agree with Ni_cole that Tiffany's cut is very good, hence the diamond looks bigger than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ni_côle
    Anyway, any other recommendations on where I should go & search for my engagement ring? I heard Cartier is not bad too. Any other place?

Anyone knows of any place that provide very very good custom-made designs, services and craftmanship?
    I did all my diamond accessories at Fairy's Inc at Delphi Orchard. But I always insist on buying diamonds with GIA or HRD certs. And for me, cut and colour are the most important to me followed by carat and clarity. For some strange reason, I can grade the colours of the diamond with my naked eye. The SA at Larry was really impressed haha!

An ideal cut diamond should have ideal dimensions on the diameter, table size, crown height, pavilion height etc. If u compare 2 diamonds of 0.33 carats on the same number of prong setting, and one appears bigger than the other, then I can assure u the one with the bigger diameter has compensated either the crown or pavilion height to give u a bigger table. Which probably means that it will then not be an ideal cut (reflects more light and thus appears to be more 'shiny').

I'm not into brands but into diamond quality and I know what is more important to me of the 4 Cs.

Frankly, I've yet to prove to myself whose ideal cut is more brilliant because I haven't had the chance to compare a tiffany's alongside a lazare
    Last edited by duckiee; 18-02-2006 at 03:10 AM. Reason: edited long quote

Quote Originally Posted by dior_addict
    My E ring & wedding bands are all from Tiffany&Co, & although the platinum bands suffer minor scratches here & there, the diamonds still sparkle as brightly. I agree with Ni_cole that Tiffany's cut is very good, hence the diamond looks bigger than it really is.
    My dear, diamonds are the hardest mineral we can find on earth. Unless you scratch a diamond against another, it's unlikely it will lose its brilliance (not taking into account grease, dirt, grime from daily wear).

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by dior_addict

Hi doir_addict,

Both of us like Tiffany for the same resaon.

I heard from a friend that her diamond fell of her 4-prong Dest*** ring, but luckily she managed to find the diamond. If not, she will surely cry & smash L**H**'s shops.

That's why I insist to get a 6-prong ring, according to my friend, is more secure. No one will take the risk of losing their precious diamond anytime.

The problem with 6-prong ring is that it can make the diamond looks smaller than it is, maybe due to over-crowding of the prongs. So I'm asking around for good jewellery designers who can help me in this problem.

Tiffany's classic ring really impressed me a lot. I saw a 0.6carat ring at Larry, but looks smaller in the 6-prong setting, as compared to the 0.33carat ring at Tiffany. The carat size of the Larry ring is bigger than the Tiffany ring, but they look like the same size.

As for wedding bands, my boyfriend wants something simple & durable (not afraid to get scratched). So we may get from Goldheart.

Anyway, does anyone here have recommendations on other jewellery shops?

Personally, Lazarre diamonds do look pretty good but its the workmanship of Larry that I can't stomach.

The workmanship is really bad and that explains why bigger diamonds like a size of 0.6 carat often look smaller than Tiffany's 0.33 carat.

A ring is not just about the diamond, its also about the setting. What's the point of having a big diamond when the setting spoils or cover most of it? In the end, the ring still don't look as good. And its also about how the overall ring looks on your finger. You are not going to wear 'other peoples' opinions' on your finger.

Which btw, there's now a new guideline of the perfect cut. It took effect from 1st Jan, maybe that's why stores like Lee Hwa etc ae having sales to clear stocks as they can no longer say that their diamonds are of perfect cut. Then again, why get sold on dimensions? Its how the ring that looks to your naked eyes that matters. No one is gonna ask you for the dimensions of the ring!

Shopping around, I still find Tiffany's diamonds to die for. And a lot of people have this mentality that its branded, therefore it must be expensive. For bigger sizes, yes it is more expensive but for common sizes like 0.3-0.6, they are actually comparable to prices at Lee Hwa, Soo Kee, Larry etc.

People who dismissed Tiffany's rings have either never even stepped into the store to compare or they are just adamant on their perception that Tiffany are just selling on their brand. This does happens even when a branded item is obviously superior but because of psychological factors such as guilt, refuse to admit that their perceptions are wrong, hence they stubbornly 'will' themseleves to believe in their perceptions.
    Last edited by zjaninez; 17-02-2006 at 07:10 PM.

can see mine at www.ayoon.blogspot.com same size as yours..can't really remember the details but I remember it was about 4k plus. the service quite good, can't remember who attended to us but we got it from PS. it was a lose diamond then sent for setting. change setting is about 300 plus, maybe yours will cost more.

Cozy Star Array

Hi thanks for allowing me to see your picture. I think the colour and quality is good for such a close-up. What kind of setting did you change, a thicker band too? I agree that the ultimate range for 0.5 will be very expensive so did not even bother to ask them!