Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33435152535455 ... LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

Hi all

On the itininery emailed to me by Jetstar Asia, it's stated that it's landing at this TSN airport at HCMC but ( domestic terminal ). I'm confused. I thought domestic terminal is only for domestic flights ? Then will there still be any taxi counter at the domestic terminal where I can buy taxi voucher ? Thanks

Thanks hhnn.. Will check it out.

Cozy Star Array

What is the full name of TSN?

It shouldn't be domestic airport.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    Hi all

On the itininery emailed to me by Jetstar Asia, it's stated that it's landing at this TSN airport at HCMC but ( domestic terminal ). I'm confused. I thought domestic terminal is only for domestic flights ? Then will there still be any taxi counter at the domestic terminal where I can buy taxi voucher ? Thanks
    Check out this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tan_Son...tional_Airport

Terminal 1 (Domestic)

All domestic flights depart from, and arrive at, Terminal 1.

* Indochina Airlines (Da Nang, Hanoi)
    * Jetstar Pacific Airlines (Da Nang, Hai Phong, Hue, Hanoi, Vinh)
    * Vietnam Airlines (Buon Ma Thuot, Chu Lai, Da Lat, Da Nang, Hai Phong, Hanoi, Hue, Nha Trang, Phu Quoc, Pleiku, Qui Nhon, Tuy Hoa, Vinh)
    * Vietnam Air Service Company (VASCO) (Ca Mau, Con Dao, Da Nang, Rach Gia, Chu Lai, Tuy Hoa, Qui Nhon)

Terminal 2 (International)
    * Jetstar Airways (Darwin, Sydney)
    * Jetstar Asia Airways (Singapore)
    * Jetstar Pacific Airlines (Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Siem Riep, Singapore)

I am not sure about the taxi voucher. But it is quite easy to catch a taxi in the domestic terminal.

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi all,

For ice cream lover, I would highly recomend Fanny ice cream. Check out this blog for more detail: http://slurplog.blogspot.com/2005/10...tnam-hcmc.html.
    Map: http://www.vnnavi.com/restaurants/fanny/en_index.html

This place is a small but quite and beautiful restaurant. Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie visisted it during their trip to Viet Nam. ) And the price is cheap as well.

Cozy SuperStar Array blurblur25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by citrella View Post
    The cute dog / kitten bags, pouches, keychain, tissue box etc is known as Petshop. This is an expensive brand in Japan. It's cheaper in Vietnam because they are made in Vietnam and exported out to be sold in Japan.

It's SG$5-8 for pouches and SG$10+ for bags. I saw a pushcart at Bugis (near Soo Kee) selling Petshop stuff. It's twice the price sold at Ho Chi Minh.

See this website : www.petshop.vn

You can find two Petshops in Ho Chi Minh.
    Shop No A1, (2nd floor) Saigon Tax Trade Center
    135 Nguyen Hue Ave, Dist 1

Shop No B8 Eden Mall
    106 Nguyen Hue Ave, Dist 1
    Hi, can I check with you, are we allow to bargain for the item? Is is fixed price? Is the shop easy to locate?

Thanks

Thanks

Hi! Any hotels to recommend? I am travelling with my parents to HCMC this June so would appreciate hotels suitable for older people with budget of SGD200 for 3 days/2 nights stay.
    TIA!

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi

Anyone stayed in or heard any feedback about Hien Anh Hotel and Hai Long 1 Hotel ? Welcome any feedback. Thought of booking either one for my trip next month. Thanks.

Cozy SuperStar Array blurblur25's Avatar

poohbear: maybe you like to stay at AnAn hotel? I stay there before is near to Sinh Cafe....will be staying at AnAn again for my trip next week. They are chargning US40 for a double/twin room. No breakfast.

Cozy Celeb Array

Quote Originally Posted by ilovegeeks View Post
    Hi! Any hotels to recommend? I am travelling with my parents to HCMC this June so would appreciate hotels suitable for older people with budget of SGD200 for 3 days/2 nights stay.
    TIA!
    I would recommend hotels along Dong Khoi or Nguyen Hue. Personally I think hotels along these 2 streets are better for the older folks. Huong Seng along Dong Khoi street is pretty alright but a little over your budget. You may want to check out Bong Sen, Oscar etc and the pricing. Asia Hotel next to Parkson is likely to be within/ under your budget and along Dong Khoi but I have not seen the rooms before so I cannot comment. nice location!

Quote Originally Posted by blurblur25 View Post
    Hi, can I check with you, are we allow to bargain for the item? Is is fixed price? Is the shop easy to locate?

Thanks

Thanks
    No, not allowed to bargain. Yes it's fixed price.

For me, it was easy to locate.

Which is better? An An hotel or Lac Vien hotel in terms of location?

Cozy Celeb Array

am travelling to HCM from Siem Reap in Aug...between Lac Vien and Elios Hotel, which is better? any ideas if they have quad rooms? we have 7 adults travelling together..so its either 4-3 or 3-2-2 room sharing arrangement..

Cozy Celeb Array

poohbear do u want to check with Jetstar again to verify? Tan Son Nhat is the International Airport... my Tiger flight then was about the same time as a Jetstar flight back, and it was in the same terminal.

Like blurblur25 i stay in An An, but its sister hotel An An 2 just a few doors away. Mine was US$25 for standard room, no frills room but good location and all basic needs met

hhnn i second your recommendation for Fanny's. Nice place and exotic flavours spoil u for choice! The lady boss is very friendly and speaks good English. It's in the Dong Khoi area, walk towards this tall building called Sun W-ah.

ilovegeeks Lac Vien and An An are rather close by so not much difference when it comes to location. Heard Lac Vien is more of a hostel? Not sure, but I had a pleasant stay in An An 2

riorio Elios has always earned much praise but its price is significantly higher than Lac Vien IMO. So i guess depends on ur budget and needs?..

Cozy Rookie Array

I will be heading to HCMC next week. Haven't book hotel yet. My budget is around USD15-25. Anyone have any recommendations based on my budget?

Intend to walk along Pham Ngu Lao street to compare prices. Is it advisable? Or is it better to book in advance?

TIA

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33435152535455 ... LastLast