Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cozy Celeb Array

Default Adeva Spa at Paragon

Any reviews ?

I have a complimentary massage session and I don't know to go or not... very scare of hardselling and sleazy massage parlours ..

i went for the OCBC offer where i paid like S$48 for the massage.
    Was kind of afraid of the hardselling as well..
    Anyways, after the massage the recep did try to sell me a package but i told her i didnt want and she didnt push on.

Cozy Celeb Array

How was the massage?

Hihi, i posted this in late May in the other thread.. will repost here..

My visit to Adeva spa was.. not as exciting as i thought it would be.
    With the numerous raves i have heard about it, I was very very excited, and i thought i would be able to have a relaxing afternoon with my girlfriend, after a long torturous week of being ill.

I am sorry i didn't take pictures, because I wasn't really expecting to do a review of the spa facilities after I went in. Nevertheless, i hope my words will do justice as well.

The number of spas i have been to is not that many. But with the limited number of spas i have been to, i can say that Adeva spa is not even up to the standards of the smaller boutique spas that i have been to.

We were first served cold water when we were waiting to go into the room for treatment. And that's when we smell food. Yes, food. You didn't read it wrongly. A spa normally has the smell of oil etc, but this spa smells of food! We were asked to fill in the the forms (which is the norm i presume), and after we were done, we were told to wait (we were not informed of what we were waiting for).

Then a lady came to us, and showed us 4 types of oil that we can select from to use for our massage. They are Muscle Ease, Rest, Ginger & Oriental Spa.

After some explanation, we decided that we wanted a mixture of muscle ease and rest. And not forgetting, the therapist (i assume at that point of time), reconfirm our preference for strength of the massage (which was indicated in the form).

I selected Firm to Hard, and my girlfriend selected Firm. No explanation was given regarding the strength, or even a demonstration of the strength of Firm or Hard (some spas do practise that, if not the therapist will actually ask the customers during the spa, if the strength applied was appropriate).

As we booked for a couple room (so that we could chat during the massage), we were ushered to the couple room, and told to change into the disposable underwear and shower cap, plus towel. there was 1 locker, and we understood that we will be sharing and that was fine by us. The therapist told us that the gear for the jacuzzi and steambath will be provided to us later, after the massage.

After the massage, my girlfriend mentioned that the massage was hardly relaxing. Which i agree to a certain extent. I selected firm to hard, i had the pressure that i wanted, but it could be more. And there were no questions asked if the pressure exerted is alright etc. But i like the therapist i had, she was a china lady and was quite helpful and caring. No comments on the therapist that my girlfriend had.

We were then given our gears, which consist of a tube and a pair of shorts (after the massage, and we had to carry our own clothes and slippers to the lockers near the jacuzzi and steambath areas. We really really looked damn embarrassed, with all our clothes & bags in tow. How relaxing is this spa?

When we reach the jacuzzi area, there were two other ladies that were in there. And so we used the steambath first. When it was our turn and after like 15 minutes or so, and no one else was waiting to use the jacuzzi, the staff kept hurrying us to get out of the jacuzzi. It was really exasperating because we were there to relax and enjoy.

We then went to shower. That was the most exciting part. The shower facilities were so poor that i really doubted i was in a very high end spa. My girlfriend's shower head was not working, and i had to use soap out of a Dettol handsoap dispenser. There were no labels of "Shampoo", Shower Cream etc. There's also no changing corner for us, i guess unless we are supposed to actually change in the shower room.

And we never found the relaxation corner that we were told during the time when we signed up during the roadshow.

At the end, we were served desserts, and we did express our disappointment to Joanne, who was talking to us.

It was really quite a disappointment, considering that they do charge quite a bit for massage, but the services provided is not up to par.

I tried out their signature massage (Triplex massage + bamboo spa polish) under the HSBC card promotion and I loved it! The masseur I had was really good and managed to relieve the kinks in my back and shoulder without using more strength than necessary. She also checked if I was comfortable with her massage and I think she's local.

I do agree that the reception area smells faintly of food but as long as it's the non-greasy kind of smell, I can still accept it! They served egg mayo sandwiches and white fungus longan dessert yesterday which was yummy! haha ginger tea was also served in a pretty pot while the consultant did their obligatory introduction of the packages.

I like it that they are not pushy and I find the environment really relaxing...nestled in the heart of orchard on the top floor of paragon. Have not tried their hydrobath and steam room facility yet but they seem fine to me. Suffice to say, I signed up with them as I was on the lookout for a massage package and they waived payment for yesterday's treatment!

Cozy Celeb Array

rivella: May I ask which masseur attended to you ? I want to go and try for my free massage too.

Her name is Celine and she's off on Wed and Thurs! Do review after you go to her as I wanna know if she's good with the other massages too, enjoy!

Cozy Celeb Array

Thanks for your kind reply. Sure, will do a review after my massage.

I went there for a trial massage. The massage itself is pretty good however they try to hardsell me packages after that. They told me things like, "Oh this price Im offering now is for TODAY ONLY." Like who are you kdding??

A big turn off. I left and I could tell the staff seemed pretyt unhappy.

If they werent so hard sell, I wouldnt mind going again for ala carte massages.

Cozy Rookie Array

After seeing your reviews in the forum......i went down personally with my buddy to try out the massage and the facilities of the mentioned spa.....which i bought voucher from the roadshow at paragon basement.
    When we went in inside.....the staffs were polite and we being sitted after presenting the vouchers.while waiting for the massage, we were told to fill up some forms.A staff came over to offer us either ginger tea or warm water.......which we have chosen ginger tea....it was lovely.Then there was a lady,believe to be a consultant who came over to ask for our prefered strength for our massage and asked us about the type of massage that we wanted.....
    The therapist was arranged and brought us to the spa area to get change before going in for the massage.
    Truely enjoyed the massage.the therapist did a great job for both of us.after that we went to the spa area to use the jacuzzi and the steam bath.
    After everything, we were guided by a staff out to the reception area to have a sit there.The consultant who spoke to us earlier on came over asking hows the treatment we had.we were presented with some packages which seems to be attractive and we sign up a package each...it seems to us there are no hard selling by the consultant instead she had a very detailed explanation about all the services in the spa and the packages..i would say the whole experience is a pleasant one tho and the service is up to standard.......

I guess the consultants do make a difference besides the therapists!! haha maldvives023, which massage therapists did you and your friends get?

Cozy Rookie Array

i tried Rose which i don't want too hard,i prefer medium,so they arrange her for me.my friend wanted to do thai massage so they arrange this thai lady Nana..it was lovely.. i really like the service at adeva spa..i enjoy it..hope those will be going there enjoy too!

same here! I requested for medium strength too! hahaha if it's too hard my back may break yeah I'm going again this Sunday...can't wait...

Cozy Rookie Array

enjoy!!

Cozy Rookie Array

hi maldives, i agree with u... i have tried their massage before. its was excellent service n massage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast