Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

Unethical Spas!

Hey!!! Hi i am a SMU student doing a research on spas who engage in unethical services! I would truly appreciate it if anybody can tell me about whether they have encountered or have first hand experiences at spa salons! Thank you very much:

a.High pressure sales tactics
    b.Misleading price and information displayed in advertisements, which means you paid more than you expected
    c.Claims of clinical proven results
    d.Prostitution during spa services

If names of such spas can be provided it would be good! many thanks

Default Bad Experiences at Beauty |Slimming Centres | Spa

Was reading the Jean Yip thread. Find it informative and helpful. Should we start a thread on poor services or rip-offs by beauty salons and slimming centres as well?

I have many exerience ***. With Jean Yip, Marie Chia, Maria France, who wanna know more just post here & I can share 1 by 1.

Cozy Celeb Array

I have been to Marie France for past 2 years.

Cozy Rookie Array

Modern Beauty Salon. Very high pressure tactic. They would make it so difficult to leave their shop after i finish my treatment and get 2 to 3 sales people to hard sell me into buying products. You can call me silly but my BMI is 18 and they are selling slimming packages to me! This is how ridiculous it is. I am going to pursue a refund.

Everytime I go to Marie France for one of their cold wrap, I would catch a cold. Caught a cold, three times in a row, and haven't been back there since. What a waste of money for me!

Cozy Celeb Array

tell them to change to a HOT wrap for you.. I change my cold wraps to ginger hot wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bliss View Post
    Everytime I go to Marie France for one of their cold wrap, I would catch a cold. Caught a cold, three times in a row, and haven't been back there since. What a waste of money for me!

Cozy Rookie Array

For anyone thinking of signing up with True Spa at Ngee Ann City, my advice is DON"T DO IT. I signed up some time ago and the spa agreement stated that bookings must be made 3 days in advance. After they took my money, they made it very difficult for me to access the services. My phone calls for appointments were not returned. After confronting the management, they say that bookings need to be made 30 days in advance! This is in no way made known to me when I signed up and is not in the spa contract. So now you know. Beware of the unfair tactics of this establishment.

speaking of true yoga, i just got a call from them. apparently this girl, by the name of NANI called me, saying that i was in the VIP list, nominated by a friend, whom i know of, and that i have this 2 wks complimentary sessions with them, no obligations at all.

is this a hoax or what?

Cozy MegaStar Array prettyeagle's Avatar

deebz:received that too!

i just rejected the offer..

Quote Originally Posted by prettyeagle View Post
    deebz:received that too!

i just rejected the offer..
    i think they despo. last few weeks i said NO already. then TODAY, they called at 8PM, saying abt this. i did not decline, was nice by saying, i am busy for these coming weeks..i cannot believe they work till 8pm in the first place. so tiring.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with those hard selling spas and facials.

Usually, i would just NOT bring my entire wallet. Maybe just bring $10 for cab fare. They cant get me to sign anything then.

Cozy Rookie Array

London weight management. They have this show "Mei **** Zhuan Jia" or something. The show said " Sms xxxxxxxx and receive a $300 voucher and slimming products free!" something like that. So I smsed and they called to say I "won" that. I asked my mom to go with me The 2 china sales girls first talked to us about our weight problems.. My mom sort of knew that it was a gimmick. After that, she was proven right when the 2 girls told us that we had to sign a package in order to get the $300 voucher. And after deducting the 300 bucks voucher, we still had to pay $300. -_-" we wanted to leave but they hard sell until my mom and i signed up.

Cozy Rookie Array

Default slimming center

hi my friend bought me to a new slimming center at marine parade ..

the environment there very cosy and the consultants nv hard sell... they are very professional and friendly ..

mayb people who wan to lose weight can pm me .. i pm them my friend's contact

Cozy Rookie Array

a.High pressure sales tactics

Slimming center called Face Affair I think. it is TERRIBLE!! Uses extremely hard-sell sales tactics! Made me buy some stupid eyelash serum even though i told them repeatedly i don't need it and had NO MONEY. They tried to make me buy the entire packet of 5 ($100) but when they discovered i REALLY did not have the $$, they made me buy ONE bottle for $25. And pls note the bottle I speak of is about half the size of your thumb. -_- lol asses I'll never forget them. I had 3 "beauticians" cornering me and pressuring me. And one beautician was goddam ugly man.. she even had a diamond stud in her tooth ughhhh so scary.. Anw the face affair thing I'm talking about is the Jurong Branch just beside Ucara. DO NOT GO. I find Ucara's service much better and cosier.

b.Misleading price and information displayed in advertisements, which means you paid more than you expected

Yah, obviously i paid more than expected, but results not good..

c.Claims of clinical proven results

Obviously the eyelash serum thing didn't work, as expected. lol

d.Prostitution during spa services

haha didn't happen to me. luckily. that woman is seriously nightmarish.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast