Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

Default Clinic @ Toa Payoh

just wondering does anyone here visit this (not sure the spelling) Kin Mun Clinic blk 66 Toa Payoh L.o.r 4 #01-319 SG 310066 ?

been like using their products (set package) for coming to 6 months and it's nice to know it deals with acne and uneven skin tone quite effectively but not the acne scars

i was told that only upon using like 1-2 years :Doh: of the package then i can see some of the fading.

i did ask him about any other means of removing scars and he mentioned about using needle to lift up the scars -_- and 1 scar or rather 1 hole is like $300 (could be wrong not sure).

I intend to ask him about if he does any cooltouch or whatever thing he can offer, if not i guess i will try to settle for the cheapest which is recommended by the nice gals in this forum.

So... any fellow patients of this clinic ? especially those who have been using it for like 1yr+ ? does the doc (no idea the name lol) ever recommend other products beside the standard (facial wash + toner + skin renewal gel + aha gel + spf 65 cream) ? thanks

Cozy Rookie Array

yup...the clinic is called kim mun. the doc's name is Dr Victor Wee.

i've been there for abt 5 mths...am going down soon to replenish the products from him. I haf to say his products did really help to stop my acne from breaking out. Now i have really alot less acne erupting. Now left the red scars & depressed scars to clear away.

I do see my red scars getting lighter...but it's not dramatic...jus slightly. I think his products really make my face red...& then it starts to peel...which i think will improve the redness.

i think he prescribes the same products to everybody who go to c him. funny? i thought everybody's skin is different?

actually the main thing i wanna improve on right now are my red scars. I've been to another doc at balestier to do IPL & cooltouch which i had hoped will improve my scars. But i'm kinda disappointed with the redness is abt the same...only the holes seems to become shallower.

anybody have any recommendations to remove red scars fast? make it lighter & disappear? i heard using baking soda to wash the face...follow by using apple cide vinegar as toner will help to fade red scars fast? anybody tried this b4?
    Last edited by nicole; 27-01-2005 at 02:27 AM.

Cozy Rookie Array

i don't have any acne problems now.... just the irritating sight of those pitted scars i have from my sec sch day till now orz.

yeah the dr prescribe the same set to everyone but it works tho i would say.

i wonder if he does any cooltouch stuffs.

btw jim regarding ur laser treatment how much was it and how many sessions

IPL and ur cooltouch how much ? is it really a must to do both ? what does IPL achieve ?

Cozy Celeb Array

Anyone been to him and doctor ong? Who is better? Coz i went to dr ong(maple clinic) before..not very effective except for pimple cream and very expensive somemore! :Doh:

Cozy Rookie Array

hi butterfly

y not gd for maple? i *** went last mth n been prescribe a ultrafine soothing cleanser.i dun really like it the first time i use.is a milky cleanser but is so oily.

i used before milky cleanser as my skin is sensitive n prone to redness but is not *** oily.mayb the nxt round i wan to ask her give me another type of cleanser to use in the morning as i dun wan so oily my skin..

i have yet see results though coz only less den 1mth.

Cozy Rookie Array

hi every1

im a newbie....

anyway, i've been to the KinMun Clinic since 2003. I would have to admit he's prescriptions have been good to my acne prone face. I've been using his product ever since. Followed the lengthy procedures religiously in the morning and nite. 6 bottles in all. Amounts to $250+

I personnally like the facial wash (by the way, that bottle can last for 3mths - very concentrated). Suppose to massage untill it dissolve in the face and untill dirt came piling out in between ur finger...ewww! But the problem lies in the aftermath...SCARS.... He advised me to buy the Vitamin C serum ( dunnoe how much) to clear the scars. Don't know why i didnt get it.

Yup, its funny how the exact same prescriptions can suit to all kinds of acne faces...(hmm, lets ponder...)

Results: Smoother skin and fresher look...BUT....now my face has got used to the products so much that acne starts popping out again ony it is lesser than the first time. Guess i have to go back and re-visit the Dr Victor again and tolerate his naggings...

hope this helps!

hi,
    i have been to the clinic about 2 years back and i think the doctor's attitude is terrible..am sorry to say it out here but i regretted going there. i much prefer dr tan @ derma-rx clinic. dr wee is not friendly at all and seemed impatient to answer my questions! with regards to the products, i am surprised that he prescribed nearly the same items for all patients who go and see him.
    i am only using the sunblock from that clinic. the rest of the items ie facial wash, cream makes my skin super sensitive and my condition actually worsened after using those products

Cozy Rookie Array

u're right Twinkle, some beauticians told me that i have too sensitive skin and they say becos of the skin renewal, aha and antibiotic makes it even more sensitive as it keeps on peeling the skin layer.

i was clueless on these kinda of facial products so i went to the unfriendly (right again!) Dr wee. I thought he was the saviour to my acne-prone skin, overtime i realise of my condition is not improving...so i rarely visit him...hmm, come to think of it, i went only once last year (2004) in April till now...

i've been reading abt Derma RX thingy. Is it more expensive than Kin Mun? Think i should go and visit that place. Can someone kindly provide me more details on this clinic (Derma RX)?? Price, Location, People (recommendations???), results...?

Still Clueless,
    mentos!

I went to see this Dr Wee like 2 years back because his clinic is very near my house, really regretted it because not only is he unfriendly, his assistants are just as bad.

and you have to purchase everything in a set, doesn't matter if they suit you or not. and eventhough it is a clinic, they can only issue you an official receipt up to $40 only, WTH???? so fishy.

and mentos, you are right, he prescribed the same things to all his patients. I am surprised, eventhough the whole deal sucks, his clinic is always packed.

yes, you can only purchase in a set..i first got the starter kit that comes in trial sizes and when i used it, my skin became redder, but the dr wee told me that its supposed to be like that when i went back to see him..even bought a set of regular sized items..after using for a few more days..i find that my skin cannot take the strong glycolic acid/ renewal cream that i gave up..i still remember having to apply so many steps..think its up to 6 steps? it makes me cringe now why did i apply so many stuff on my face previously so willingly without seeing what my skin actually needs is some gentle TLC..

Originally posted by mentos
    u're right Twinkle, some beauticians told me that i have too sensitive skin and they say becos of the skin renewal, aha and antibiotic makes it even more sensitive as it keeps on peeling the skin layer.

i was clueless on these kinda of facial products so i went to the unfriendly (right again!) Dr wee. I thought he was the saviour to my acne-prone skin, overtime i realise of my condition is not improving...so i rarely visit him...hmm, come to think of it, i went only once last year (2004) in April till now...

i've been reading abt Derma RX thingy. Is it more expensive than Kin Mun? Think i should go and visit that place. Can someone kindly provide me more details on this clinic (Derma RX)?? Price, Location, People (recommendations???), results...?

Still Clueless,
    mentos!
    if i not wrong, dr tan charges $80 for the 1st time and subsequently $25 with each visit. he is friendly and patient in listening to what you have to ask...there are 2 branches of the clinic now:

1) derma-rx clinic- located at forum at 11th floor.
    2) derma-rx center- located at china square central, above banquet food court, opp hong lim complex in chinatown. the clinic at the 2nd floor..

you might like to check out the thread on derma-rx center/ products for more details

Cozy Rookie Array

gee, thx so much dear twinkle for the info...

too bad we shared the same fate going to that clinic, i guess by learning from other people's mistakes and trials, we could also go and save the world...! hahah

will go and pay the dr tan a visit...thx a mill!

Cozy Rookie Array

hmm i'm not sure about his attitude etc but my first visit was like june of 2004. that time i think i don't find anything wrong with his consultation, maybe i didn't ask much also. as for his 1 package for all i suppose it could be due to it's fit for all types of minor facial problems. i do notice alot of ppl at most of the times like i been there. recently i also encounter the redness and extreme peeling by the aha etc and i have stopped using the aha gel whenever i do the other set and only resume when the peeling goes off like a few days. i'm going back soon to replenish and still thinking if i should or not. the last time i went there he recommend this vit c serum for scars and also another one that cost like $300 for using needle on the scar for 1 hole :roll: ... crazy right ?

i'm actually thinking of going for cooltouch soon and right now just thinking which clinic to go to..... david l.oh of deepskinthereapy replied a few of my emails about ct but seems he;s too busy to reply lately..

hi legolas, actually the gel in a tube is not AHA but Retin A I think. he don't even bother to label his products clearly.

Cozy Rookie Array

Originally posted by Ziann
    hi legolas, actually the gel in a tube is not AHA but Retin A I think. he don't even bother to label his products clearly.
    u mean the oil and acne prevention cream ? or the skin renewal ?

i'm talking about the aha gel tho the one that makes ur skin burn

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast