Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cozy MegaStar Array dollishchic's Avatar

jady_ she did. the derma told her to wait for a few more months

Cozy Rookie Array

OA- Can't recommend it.

I was a costumer for several months at OA, as I made the mistake to sign a package worth several Ks in the beginning. Out of my experience I can t recommend it.

I will give a description of what I experienced. And it is up to everybody to decide on their own.

I m not really overweight, but didn't like my tummy, hips and legs...to fat I thought, although making sports. So I thought having a little aesthetic brush up, would make me feel better.
    I took the needless treatment to desolve little fat tissues, ultrasound, kind of electro-shocks and Quadplex (radio-frequency) therapy of course in a package deal - and ended up consulting a dermatology clinic.

About the treatments I consumed at OA:

First opinion: The needless treatment is unlikely to destroy explicitly fat cells!
    My legs were measured on and on, but I was never told the outcome...Guess why?!
    Right! Because there wasn't any constant loss on the long run, as I could find out by measuring myself.

After some of the needless treatments I started having knots under the skin plus dark colored spots, where the injection was spread, which were not going away. I was told that this is normal and will disappear after 2-3 weeks. It lasted months and some are still visible as dark spots.
    When the promises that it will disappear were not any more enough for me, I seeked the advice of a professional dermatologist.
    OA kindly supported me with the ingredients they used in the injection (hopefully), but neither had a professional for me at hand to deal with these difficulties, nor were willing to accommodate the costs, but offering more treatments to solve the issue, which needed the result of the doctor.

Well, a beauty clinic without any medical professional seems to me -looking back- a questionable practice, even if a doc is no guarantee for professional treatment, I would feel more assured of the possible quality and standards a beauty clinic can deliver. My advice: Ask about the professional training of the staff giving the treatments you are willing to pay for!

Out of the ingredients used on me, "my" dermatologist diagnosed one of them the ability to trigger allergies which can lead to severe reactions. Mine was "only" a medium reaction, but this issue led me to more investigations about these needle-free injections.

So I contacted the company in Europe producing this high pressure injector, which - by the way - still hurts when "fired" onto your skin and it leads to quiet some haematoms.
    Originally this device is made to inject Insulin to treat mainly diabetes with high pressure instead of a needle injection. Insulin is likely the only treatment the injector has the medical allowance to be used and the effect is proven. The manufacturer might start an investigation in this "beauty" uses as this is not safe or of proven effect to their opinion without a medical study and their are not aware of such existing, so they said. (Even if such standard might not be required here or existing studies are not published, it left me behind with some bad feelings.)
    It is also unsure that fat cells are likely to be desolved as their not necessarily in reach of the needle-less injection. And if any liquid injected can discriminate fat cells from others has left doubts.

Judging from my skin appearance, I'm experiencing an even more uneven skin after these treatments, especially at the point where injections were set more frequently than on other points.
    So I imagine out of my unprofessional knowledge that- especially at my bottom, upper thighs and at some points on my tummy- "cells of what ever kind" were destroyed leaving little "holes" beneath the skin. (Personal experience; no medical quote.) By far not a result I could be happy with as I now look like having even more cellulite than before!

Further on, the preparation of the injection at OA- as I experienced it- is not in accordance to the manufacturers description.
    Every ampule is strictly only to be used for one single shot (they used around 2 ampules for a whole session on me - minimum around 15-20 shots easily per ampule). To fill the ampule it needs an extra set (little tube) to suck out the injection liquid in sterile conditions (never seen this at OA).
    Some of the ampules I even had to find out where over the expiry date and only changed after I pointed that out to the staff.
    Yes, the staff was wearing latex gloves when dealing with the injections. BUT they didn't mind rushing out the door with the gloves on or hitting the injection spot with the gloves to spread the injection liquid "more evenly" under the skin. Sometimes part of the liquid which should be injected I could feel spraying around on my skin. (Sign of
    Sometimes they used alcohol on the skin before. Sometimes they had to be reminded.
    The staff/ The person using this gear should be trained by a experienced doctor or even better applied by one, so the manufacturer.
    The gear has to be maintained after a (very) few 1000s shots. Ask for the maintenance paper. Should be very recent as there was only one injector at the outlet.

Some of the women treating me were squishing the skin to a little "role" to apply the injection. As I had to find out later this is absolutely the wrong way to do it, according to the description of the manufacturer. Overall that caused me severe doubts that the staff was ever properly instructed by a medical doctor, nor that they are used to work with a good understanding of sterile conditions when injecting.
    Don't get me wrong, the people were nice and kind, and at that time I didn't know about it either. But looking back a lot of questions should have been raised earlier, even so some of the women giving the treatment had problems speaking English. (And I can't speak Chinese.)

What about the other treatments?
    The Ultrasound is a very itchy thing, and the results (basically no loss) couldn't proof for me to work either.
    The electro-therapy (don't know the name of the treatment anymore and OA website to look it up is down?!) is basically the good old method to trigger muscle reaction, as I believe. So 45min of this treatment are probably more or less like jogging just with your upper legs. I personally prefer jogging when I look onto my bill.

And believe it or not after Quadplex I felt my skin to be in a better shape, stronger.
    But that was only as long as I received the treatments.
    OA offered me due to my skin problems some extra treatments - of course no injections:)

But overall I regret deeply spending all this money for basically nothing or even worse. Plus I spent hours on the internet, trying to find sufficient information about my skin problems after the injections, worrying I would have to live with these marks. Besides asking me if it is any better and giving me the advice to be patient and that it is a normal skin reaction and would go away shortly, even if was weeks overdue, I didn't felt that issue to be handled seriously as a worried client and was left alone to seek professional help to be diagnosed properly.
    After all I should be probably happy suffering an"Only Aesthetic" problem like a more uneven skin - for around 4K!

Reading about the all that "ray" methods on the internet, it seems likely to me (if understood well what gathered in other forums) that "water" hold by the cells is reduced. This can lead to a reduction of diameter and even to some loss of weight, but only temporarily. What would explain as well why I felt my skin being "nicer and stronger" after the Quadplex treatment, but disappeared more or less instantly after the end of the treatments.

If you want to invest in your beauty,my advice is better to take the money, go to some Spa and/or indulge yourself into Yoga to make your mind and body fit and relaxed. After all, these beauty treatments haven't been really fun and the hours to sort things out neither. And you can skip writing such treads after -finally more hours waisted.

As I wrote before, this is only my opinion out of what I experienced. OA might have some scientific proof that it all works and I m just the only unfortunate example;)
    If you feel like doing it, go there, but please take the advice to sort things out first.
    Please feel free to ask more than I did about the proof of results, the methods they are working with, about the training of their staff (certificates) and if the treatments don't show the success claimed - about a possible refund.
    Otherwise, why not only signing a small package which you can still prolong after some visible results you are happy?
    There is a contract to be signed and it is up to you to shape the conditions. And take the rest what I wrote as a hint for yourself to control the proper use of the gear, so you don't have to worry as much I did.

By the way: Does anybody know if OA has any outlets in L.A. for real?
    I was searching it in the US, but couldn't find any outlets or reviews of any customers there.
    The address appeared to me more like some office address without having a real shop there.
    As it appears on their internet site (which is down at present?) combined with the poster in their Singapore outlets, I felt I have to consider they have VIP customers from L.A. Does anybody know more about it? As I could not get any sufficient information on that.

Cozy MegaStar Array prettyeagle's Avatar

post deleted

Cozy Rookie Array

They are having some promo on hair removal for underarm and brazilian using QPX, supposedly better than laser and IPL, from what they claim.

Any reviews?

Hi guys!

I just notice that this forum is not really active anymore! Anyway. Just to share with you guys. I have make an appointment with Only Aesthetics at Doby Ghuat for QPX hair removal. Decided to do this as there are many good reviews and it's budget! HAHA

Their $25 promotion has ended. But if you quote you are a reader of QiuQiu , they will still give u $25/per session. So roughly .. 10 session? It's only $250! A great deal!

Ladies, I went for my first session on QPX. I have blogged about it at my blog.. Cleanliness wise , thumbs down. But not to worry, they use brand new shaver & sterlize the machine after each use. Just that I find that the surrounding filled with dirts & hair.

To me, QPX & IPL are the same. I suggest if you are on a budget side, try Only Aesthetics!

Cozy Rookie Array

hihi
    anyone ve any review of facial?

Cozy Rookie Array

Default QPX treatment really permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by zara View Post
    I'm currently doing QPX for underarms with OA. QPX is their version of permanent hair removal....it's good! Seriously can see that the hair doesn't grow out as much....I used to epilate...I'm only on my second treatment so haven't seen the full results yet. I'm excited to see myself hairless there...PERMANENTLY
    Hi, may i know how is the final results for the QPX treatments?it really remove underarm hair permanently?i wanna do but i scared QPX can't remove the armpit hair permanently, then i will be wasting my money. Also, anyone have past experience to share with me? =)

Cozy Rookie Array

Anyone tried teeth whitening at onlyaesthetics? apparently they are having a promo now and im quite keen but dont know if i should go for it because they are not really a professional dental service provider
    Last edited by XOXO; 19-08-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Facial review at Only Aesthetics

There's a facial review on this blog.

The Moonberry Blog: TEF Facial + Lipotron Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by zamrudnisha View Post
    hihi
    anyone ve any review of facial?

I have also tried QPX both for underarms and Brazillian. I reviewed them on my blog here:

The Moonberry Blog: QPX Brazilian Hair Removal
    The Moonberry Blog: Are hairy armpits sexy???

Understandably it's not realistic to expect immediate results after just one or two sessions, so I will be going for my third session soon. But I can honestly say that hair growth has taken much longer after every session and the new growth is very fine baby hair. I'm crossing my fingers that after a couple more sessions, hair will be gone permanently.
    Last edited by CCShell; 02-01-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Self-advertising is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by siren View Post
    They are having some promo on hair removal for underarm and brazilian using QPX, supposedly better than laser and IPL, from what they claim.

Any reviews?
    I just signed up with them for underarm and had my first session. I've done IPL before, for my arms, the result wasn't too bad, but i guess it's still subjected to certain level of pain. But I'm really digging this QPX thing because, as it claims, it's really painless!

After first session, I can tell my hair is growth much slower. Can't wait for next month to go again!

I tried their QPX underarm hair removal . I can't really say it is good since i only did 2 sessions. But from what i can see , the hair growth much slower. And it is really very cheap compared to some other places i went before. So people who have a budget like only a few hundreds to spare may want to consider this.

I'm now under the QPX unlimited underarm hair removal . I paid only like 240+ [ about there ] and i went the place every 2 months to do the QPX. This unlimited package last for 2 years. The first year , you will do the QPX every 2 mths . The 2nd year , you will call them to make appointment if you still need it .

Default One day after 2nd session

After the second session, I noticed that there were still black spots (roots of the hair) on the underarm.
    One day after the second session, there is growth already.

I really don’t know if this treatment is going to be effective.

click -> I see, I try, I review -> Only Aesthetics tag for full review
    Last edited by CCShell; 02-01-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Self-advertising is not allowed.

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi Falcon,

I've been having qpx since I signed up for in Feb. At first the treatments were looking positive, slower hair growth and all. But, I have to say, if you miss one or two sessions, your hair grows back, same speed as ur normal kind.

I have two complaints for Only Aesthetics. I signed up for a package on a deal i found online, and the next month, a better deal was offered.

Also, their customer service sucks. They take quite along time to answer their calls, and it's hard to book and arrange an appointment with them. And I called them in the morning when they open after 10.30, after lunch time and still no answer. Tired for a few days somemore! They said they came out with a new sms service, hopes its better.

The most recent disgruntlement I have is I booked for an appointment on the 1st of Nov and they called me to say they can't give me that slot, cos of some meeting. And I have to be pushed back another 2 weeks when I've tried so hard to arrange for an appointment previously. I'm quite pissed but what can I do.

Also, they shifted, and didn't call to tell their customers, instead pasted a handwritten sign that it's on the 5th floor of the building (Dhobby Ghaut Outlet).

Their service also varies, sometimes the staff is good in application, and is meticulous, sometimes not.

Sorry, seems that I am ranting, but I've sort of been holding on this for quite sometime.

Hope this is useful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast