x
email signup
Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 133
  1. #1
    Cozy Rookie Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3

    How do you keep your face looking smooth and luminous??

    I'm looking to start my facial regiment proper... ie. regular facials to help de-clog my pores and hopefully brighten my skin. I've noticed that not many of my friends have very good skin either so I was wondering if any Cotter out there can help us???

    Recommend us what works for you.

    Here's what we'd like to know:

    1. Treatment or Product
    2. Where you go to have it done or where to buy
    3. Approx Price (whether package or single)
    4. What we can expect from it

    For myself: I have a few pitted scars from teenage acne and visible pores on my cheeks. I'd like to have more luminous skin and just a smoother looking complexion. Of course, I'm not asking for a miracle, but I guess any advice would be helpful!!

    THANKS SO MUCH GIRLS!!

  2. #2
    Cozy Rookie Array ingenious_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    43

    Default

    cleaning ur face everyday is very important and the type of cleanser is also very important. cannot be too strong as it will hurt ur skin or too mild then it don't clean at all. just tried a honey and flower cleanser ($39) which personally find it not bad and peeling ($69) which is to be done twice a week then do sheet mask ($15 per box of 5) everyday with essence ($31)

  3. #3
    Cozy Rookie Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    327

    Default

    I am not an expert but I am very particular about my skin , I have done a course(5) of spectra laser and occasional PCA peel , one for radiant and smoother skin, the laser for pore reduction and skin rejuvenation, both treatments also help in mild acne scarring as it stimulates collagen formation.Home care is also important for maintenance. I do not not go for facial anymore, twice a week I use deep cleansing mask followed by hydration mask. At night I use some skin renewal products like retinol/retin A/differin and Pca products prescribed by my doctor.
    Pca Peel (4) $400
    Spectra laser (5) $1500
    Pca products from about $50-$100 plus (10% disc for 2 months)
    I see Dr Ng from Cosmopolitan Clinic, Tel;63273773 or go their website: www.cosmopolitan clinic.com
    If you have a budget, you can tell him he is very approachable and understanding or call to speak to the nurse for more enquiries before making appt.
    I must say my skin is in pretty good condition now, glowy and smooth. Hope you get more feedbacks from other cotters

  4. #4
    Cozy Rookie Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    57

    Default

    alas, i feel the only way to go for luminous skin is to visit a good aesthetician/doctor. i've done chemical peels & it helped with my pimples. plus medical products work better for me than those over-the-counter. =)

  5. #5
    Cozy Celeb Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    505

    Default

    glycolic acid - works like a dream.

    also....AHA peels.

  6. #6
    Cozy MegaStar Array geeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,555

    Default

    1. Have a proper skincare cleansing regime - cleanse, tone and moisturise (For me my tone and moisturise is one step as I'm using IPSA metaboliser)
    2. Find out the skincare products that suit your skin. For Me, I like IPSA metaboliser, so far I'm only using the trial sizes which I bought from a sale for a very low price, but I will be purchasing the full size one after i've finished them.
    3. Do NOT scrub your face unecessarily if u have sensitive skin - it will might aggravate your skin condition. Consult a dermatologist.
    4. Putting sheet masks on. For me, I use a pearl sheet mask one day, and TFS aloe vera fruit sheet mask the next day and I let my skin rest for 2 days before using the masks again... so basically, I use 4 sheet masks a week (I don't believe in using it everday as my skin might become over reliant on the sheet masks...)
    5. Drinking fancl tense up ex once a week.
    6. Apply marine mud mask once in 2 weeks (Can't apply this kind of masks too often as it might dry up the skin with over frequent usage)
    7. Eat more fruits.

  7. #7
    Cozy Rookie Array anglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandradee View Post
    I am not an expert but I am very particular about my skin , I have done a course(5) of spectra laser and occasional PCA peel , one for radiant and smoother skin, the laser for pore reduction and skin rejuvenation, both treatments also help in mild acne scarring as it stimulates collagen formation.Home care is also important for maintenance. I do not not go for facial anymore, twice a week I use deep cleansing mask followed by hydration mask. At night I use some skin renewal products like retinol/retin A/differin and Pca products prescribed by my doctor.
    Pca Peel (4) $400
    Spectra laser (5) $1500
    Pca products from about $50-$100 plus (10% disc for 2 months)
    I see Dr Ng from Cosmopolitan Clinic, Tel;63273773 or go their website: www.cosmopolitan clinic.com
    If you have a budget, you can tell him he is very approachable and understanding or call to speak to the nurse for more enquiries before making appt.
    I must say my skin is in pretty good condition now, glowy and smooth. Hope you get more feedbacks from other cotters
    Hi Sandradee,

    May I know whether the PCA peel cost $400 per treatment or for 4 treatments? Spectra laser - $1500 per treatment or for 5 treatments?
    Which one do u feel is more effective in reducing scars?
    I have been seeing Dr Ong from Maple Clinic, she quoted $250 per treatment for chemical peel and $450 for cooltouch treatment (suppose to stimulate collagen). Kinda ex, i think.

  8. #8
    Cozy MegaStar Array prettyeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13,489

    Default

    1. Cleanse, tone and moisturise.
    2. For overall skin improvement, use sheet masks 3-4 times a week
    3. For spot correction use aha/bha peels
    4. Drink alot of plain water
    5. Don't smoke
    6. Avoid alcohol.

  9. #9
    Cozy MegaStar Array Sweet Secrets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Practise the basic 3 steps, scrub and mask regularly (deep cleanse and hydrating)

    Sleep enough, have a good diet, exercise if possible (regularly), no smoking and don't drink alcohol . You can also take supplements to help

  10. #10
    Cozy Rookie Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anglia View Post
    Hi Sandradee,

    May I know whether the PCA peel cost $400 per treatment or for 4 treatments? Spectra laser - $1500 per treatment or for 5 treatments?
    Which one do u feel is more effective in reducing scars?
    I have been seeing Dr Ong from Maple Clinic, she quoted $250 per treatment for chemical peel and $450 for cooltouch treatment (suppose to stimulate collagen). Kinda ex, i think.
    I think it depends, dark acne/blemish marks, the pca peel can help to lighten but scars, laser will be more effective but the best is to do a consultation and let the dr assess your skin condition and recommend the best treatment. The price I paid are for packages, not single treatment. I also heard there is another type of peel(TCA easypeel,stronger than pca peel) for acne scars, cost slightly more than pca peel. $250 for one treatment is very ex!

  11. #11
    Cozy Rookie Array anglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    34

    Hi Sandradee,

    Thanks a lot for the info.
    Cosmopolitan Clinic gave me the impression that their prices are expensive, guess i'm wrong.
    Will go them a call to fix appt for consultation.

    btw, is the wait long at Cosmopolitan? Can you imagine I actually waited for 5 hours at Maple Clinic, it was 12:45am by the time my turn comes.

  12. #12
    Cozy Rookie Array
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Practising a good skincare cleansing regime is a must. On top of that, try a cheap home remedy mask using raw egg and honey. Leave on face for abt 15mins and rinse off. The egg white helps to tighten the skin while the yolk nourishes it. Honey helps to moisturise as well. You get glowing skin right after.

  13. #13
    Cozy Rookie Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    sg
    Posts
    461

    Default

    1)Invest in a good sunscreen .apply before going under the sun..
    2) birdnest, hashima, Honey.
    3) lots of veg and fruits
    4) always remove makeup before bed no matter how tired you are.
    5) 8 hours of sleep everyday.

  14. #14
    Cozy Star Array
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Secrets View Post
    Practise the basic 3 steps, scrub and mask regularly (deep cleanse and hydrating)

    Sleep enough, have a good diet, exercise if possible (regularly), no smoking and don't drink alcohol . You can also take supplements to help
    i think this is an ideal plan.

  15. #15
    Cozy Star Array BoonBoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    IMO, Niks products + Dr Ong's treatment (Maple Clinic) work very well for me.

    I love their Glycolic Gel, Vit C serum/Cream, their sunscreen SPF48+++.

    Skin will glow......

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Beauty Awards
    By feifei in forum Cafe Talks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •