email signup
Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 162634353637384656 ... LastLast

Was reading this. Thought I will share...

My eczema flared up when i was dusting/cleaning some stuff. If you girls want to do cleaning, i'd suggest covering up your eczema areas.

Home Remedies for Eczema
    Home remedies for eczema may be as simple as changing your laundry detergent or as difficult as moving to a new climate or changing jobs. Removing whatever is causing the allergic reaction is the easiest and most effective treatment.

Prevent dry skin by taking warm (not hot) showers rather than baths. Use a mild soap or body cleanser. Dry yourself very carefully and apply moisturizing skin lotions all over your body. Avoid lotions with fragrances or other irritating substances.

Avoid wearing tight-fitting, rough, or scratchy clothing.

Avoid scratching the rash. If you can't stop yourself from scratching, cover the area with a dressing. Wear gloves at night to minimize skin damage from scratching.

Anything that causes sweating can irritate the rash. Avoid strenuous exercise during a flare.

If the allergy-causing agent cannot be removed or identified, the next step is to lessen the allergic inflammatory response.

• Apply a nonprescription steroid cream (hydrocortisone) along with anti-itching lotion (menthol/camphor, such as calamine). The cream must be applied as often as possible without skipping days until the rash is gone.
    • Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) in pill form may be taken for the itching. Caution - you should not take this medication if you need to drive a car or operate machinery as it will make you sleepy.
    • Clean the area with a hypoallergenic soap every day. Apply lubricating cream or lotion after washing.
    • Avoid physical and mental stress. Eating right, light activity, and adequate sleep will help you stay healthy, which can help prevent flares.

Do not expect a quick response. Eczema is easier to control than cure.

Cozy Rookie Array

Hello everybody, I'm so glad to have found this website. I just gotten eczema recently and I'm very depressed over it.

I'm 29 this year and will be getting married in 1.5 years time. I used to love wearing skirts, dresses and shorts, I used to enjoy swimming and cycling....But now I'm restrainted to wearing jeans, long pants and I can't go swimming.

I got eczema just 9 months ago. It started on my face and legs and later on spread to my arms. The ones on my face has healed completely and left no scar whatsoever. But the ones on my legs just kept spreading I was so terrified! I visited NSC but was given the normal creams to apply. None of my parents got this skin problem and my sister's healed in 4 months.

Mine took much longer. It has now heal and hasn't come back for a long time.

There are no scars anywhere else but my legs! Is it because the skin on the legs is harder to heal? I feel very depressed and often cry by myself over this.

My fiance always assure me he still loves me and I'm beautiful but I'm still very low morale and low self-esteem.

The doctor told me to wait for the scars to fade by itself. My eczema healed 2 months ago but the scars on my legs (from knee down) are still as dark as ever!

Is there anyway to lighten it? Laser? Creams? Anyone here tried anything?

To be honest, I am happy about getting married but I know I won't feel beautiful deep down inside. I hate it when friends suggest going to the beach because I can't wear bikinis or shorts anymore. I feel ugly.

I really wish to get rid, or at the very least, lighten the scars. This has affected my sex life with my fiance as well. When we have sexual intercourse, I will always use the blankets to cover my legs from knee down as the sight of it makes me feel inferior.

My work colleagues have also asked why nowadays I always wear pants. During corporate functions, I'm also unable to wear nice dresses. I am truly depress over this.

Any of you are so affected by eczema?

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by tinklebellee View Post
    Anyway, if you guys are looking for cheap GP, maybe you all can try Dr Chan @ Kovan. He is highly raved in flowerpod and cozycot too.

For me, I paid $36 including 12 days medicine (eaten) and 2 small tube of medicine.

The cream he gave is non- steriod!
    In fact when I show him the steriod cream my previous doctor gave me, he frowned and ask me to throw them away!

He gave me a cream very moisturising and supposedly will fade the scar with constant use.

Moisturising, yes, stop all the itchiness after applying 2 days for me.
    For whitening, I'm not very sure as I notice the black patch on my nipple also slowly fade to normal colour WITHOUT using anything.

So now, I'm eczema had healed.
    Just left 10% of the scar which my mum comment that can't really be notice! =)
    Hi tinklebellee! May I know what is the name of the cream?
    Wow your scar faded so fast! I think some parts of our bodies will fade faster. For me, my face have healed completely with no scars, my hands and back have healed completely but left with very slight scars. As for my legs (from knees down), it has also healed completely but the scars are as dark as ever!

Can you intro the cream you are using? I hope it will help my legs! How has it been so far for you after using the cream on other parts of your body?

Cozy Rookie Array

By the way, for new eczema sufferers, I want to recommend this cream. When I went to NSC, the cream they gave me didn't work so well. But one day, my eczema cream ran out and I thought I'll go down to Guardian Pharmacy to see if they have any. The pharmacist told me that the cream I am using is considered "strong" so it is not sold over-counter. So she recommended me to use this another cream and she said it is much much milder, but better.

The cream is EGOCORT CREAM. Costs about $6. You guys can get it at at Guardian.

After just a few days, my eczema cleared! By the time I'm into my 2nd tube (I used it everyday, at least twice a day), it has completely healed. But now still left with the scars on my legs.

I use this on my face too (apply thinly).

KateLim: EGOCORT is a brand of Hydrocortisone cream. I was using this brand too. I've tried other brands of Hydrocortisone and this brand gave the best results. It had also cured some of my eczema.

Dont worry so much about the scars. They will fade away. I've got scars on my lower back, knees and elbows too. But I dont care, I still wear whatever I want. You might want to apply some whitening products to speed up the fading process but have to be very cautious of the products used in case it triggers the eczema to flare again.

my ezcema is only at my right elbow bend, it isnt exactly severe, it's like a permanently temporary thing, if u get what i mean.
    my GP gave me gentrisone, i read somewhere that it's quite strong, so, am i discouraged from using it? my doc didnt really give any instructions or whatsoever, till i recently researched on it...

Cozy Rookie Array

Thanks alot, Rouge.

It's so good to find a "support group" here because none of my real-life friends got this skin problem. The only other person I know is my sister. But hers healed very fast even though she was very lazy in applying creams! Her scars on the legs cleared in less than 4 months completely!

I was so scared because I read from many websites that eczema have no cure, it is permenant. Just when I thought my sister's fast healing gave me hopes. Her eczema was like 2 years ago and never came back. I guess it differs with individual.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by octpy View Post
    my ezcema is only at my right elbow bend, it isnt exactly severe, it's like a permanently temporary thing, if u get what i mean.
    my GP gave me gentrisone, i read somewhere that it's quite strong, so, am i discouraged from using it? my doc didnt really give any instructions or whatsoever, till i recently researched on it...
    Hi Octpy,

Personally I prefer "gentle" ways of treating the skin because I believe that eczema is largely due to sensitive skin that lacks enough moisture which is why the skin breaks, leaving slight open wounds and "weeping" that cause infection. This infection will damage our skin and leave scars.

So if our skin already so sensitive, using harsh methods of healing like not so good....The stronger cream my doc at NSC gave me didn't work even though it was strong. But this EGOCORT, a much milder one worked better. So I suggest you "level your way up".

As in, try the milder creams first. If it works, then it's all good!

If it doesn't work, then slowly try stronger ones....=)

But if a product works, it should stop the "weeping", close the skin breaking, stop infection (esp those with pus/water) within 5 days of use. After that, the skin will still be sensitive and has a mark....Thereafter, how fast it finish up the healing process and the mark (scarring) go away, is up to the skin I guess....

KateLim: You're most welcome. Before i came to know about this thread, i also thought i was the only person on earth with eczema cause no one i know had it too! At least your SO is supportive and said you still look beautiful. My SO actually said i was rotting.
    Anyway, i realised that fast treatment allows the eczema to heal better. As in once you notice rashes appearing, quickly apply cream (i applied the egocort) everyday. The rashes will go away quickly. My eczema on my elbow was pretty much ignored by me for a long time so they are really taking a long time to heal and require strong creams as well.
    Dont worry, my doc said that although there is not cure, it can totally be controlled.

is this egocort really good?

is for whole body or just rashy area?

scarlet135: Egocort is only for affected areas. It's in a small tube.

wearing gloves will help...

just wondering... those suffer with eczema rashes... once apply cream.. your rashes will recover..but do u haf scars that left over?

cuz for my case, i got scars of the rashes.. not sure how to lighten them...

KateLim
    thanks! i'll try out the cream...
    some actually suggest levelling down, but i think my case is quite mild, levelling up might probably work better for me then...
    and thank goodness the weather's cooler already, less itch!

Quote Originally Posted by scarlet135 View Post
    just wondering... those suffer with eczema rashes... once apply cream.. your rashes will recover..but do u haf scars that left over?

cuz for my case, i got scars of the rashes.. not sure how to lighten them...
    For my case, those rashes which i applied cream immediately when they first appear, then dont really leave scars. But those that are more serious, they leave scars. Sometimes I apply hazeline snow on them but i'm not sure if it works.

Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 162634353637384656 ... LastLast