Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default RADIO FREQUENCY Treatment for face

HI. anyone have tried the radio frequency treatment for face? apparently it slim the face and tighten the skin better than botox. appreciate any comments.

Cozy Rookie Array

I've tried it at Dr Calvin Chan's clinic in Paragon. Its pretty effective for facial slimming if your face is chubby, but Botox will help more if you have big cheek muscles. Just feel your cheeks when you bite to check if muscle big or not. I like it because I can see the effects immediately and its not very expensive

Quote Originally Posted by ayap
    I've tried it at Dr Calvin Chan's clinic in Paragon. Its pretty effective for facial slimming if your face is chubby, but Botox will help more if you have big cheek muscles. Just feel your cheeks when you bite to check if muscle big or not. I like it because I can see the effects immediately and its not very expensive
    Hi ayap - thanks for sharing. how many sessions did u do? and can u see the results immediately after the first treatment? i find the price kinda steep actually so still contemplating..haha.

how about the cost ? I heard certain laser or something can help to minimise our pores too. Any idea what treatment is it?

Cozy Star Array

Default Radiofrequency for the face

Hi Ladies, my wedding dinner will be next year. I'm actually looking for a quick fix for my chubby face but I'm not too willing to pay too much like doing thermage or anything like botox nor to go under the knife. I'm in my late twenties and my problem is slight sagging cheeks and I want to firm/tone up that area just before my wedding day. After reading the threads on a few doc, I'm still quite confuse about it. Seems like alot went for IPL rather than radiofrequency But I guess radiofrequency is better for my problem areas?

There're a few questions I would like to ask for those who had gone through radiofrequency. As most likely, I would like to do this radiofrequency treatment once before my big day, is that enough ? Will I be able to see the results on the day itself and may I know how long the effects can last? Days or weeks so I can plan the treatment ahead before my wedding day? Is there any danger that I might get an outbreak if the RF is not suitable for me ?

Any doc can you recommend and kindly state the cost too?

Thank you!

Cozy Rookie Array

[QUOTE=superBum;1054517]Hi Ladies, my wedding dinner will be next year. I'm actually looking for a quick fix for my chubby face but I'm not too willing to pay too much like doing thermage or anything like botox nor to go under the knife. I'm in my late twenties and my problem is slight sagging cheeks and I want to firm/tone up that area just before my wedding day. After reading the threads on a few doc, I'm still quite confuse about it. Seems like alot went for IPL rather than radiofrequency But I guess radiofrequency is better for my problem areas?

There're a few questions I would like to ask for those who had gone through radiofrequency. As most likely, I would like to do this radiofrequency treatment once before my big day, is that enough ? Will I be able to see the results on the day itself and may I know how long the effects can last? Days or weeks so I can plan the treatment ahead before my wedding day? Is there any danger that I might get an outbreak if the RF is not suitable for me ?

Any doc can you recommend and kindly state the cost too?
    Radiofrequency is better than IPL for sagging cheeks, it helps to tone and lift, you can see instant result. You may need a few sessions for the cumulative effect esp if your face is chubby. I don't think you will get an outbreak it's suitable for all skin types unless you have acne, then should be treated first. I did mine at Cosmopolitan clinic, paid $1500 for 8 sessions. I understand 1 session is $300 , if not sure you can try once and see how you like it. For myself, I really like the effect, even ask my sis to try and she felt the same way too

Cozy Star Array

Hi Sandradee, thanks for the reply.

Sounds really good. I'm actually just looking for a one time quick fix . All I want is to look pretty and fresh on my big day , does not matter whether it will last anot. But I still do have some questions that I hope you can help me

1) Is $300 for the whole face?

2) How long does the effects last after the first time?

3) What is the interval between each treatment?

4) Do you think I can see results in one session?

Thank you!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by superBum View Post
    Hi Sandradee, thanks for the reply.

Sounds really good. I'm actually just looking for a one time quick fix . All I want is to look pretty and fresh on my big day , does not matter whether it will last anot. But I still do have some questions that I hope you can help me

1) Is $300 for the whole face?

2) How long does the effects last after the first time?

3) What is the interval between each treatment?

4) Do you think I can see results in one session?

Thank you!
    1)Yes, $300 for full face
    2) Initially about a week but I have done a few already and my face looks quite taut now so I think the effect is cumulative.
    3)Depends on your skin condition, as close as weekly to monthly
    4) Yes can see results immediately.
    Vitamin C Iontophoresis is also quite effective for immediate radiance and brigtening, can be done together with RF

Cozy Star Array

wow...so tempted Radiofrequency is to do monthly? Do you follow any facial outside other than RF?

Anyway, have you ever thought of doing thermage? Heard that results is more lasting too.

Cozy Rookie Array

I don't go for facial anymore as I don't see results other than feeling clean and very relaxing. I do my own deep cleansing and hydration mask a few times a week plus conscientious skin regime, occasionally Vit C and ultrasonic deep cleansing in the clinic together with the Rf treatment. My mum went for the full face thermage but the dr said I don't need it yet, may be when I reach late thirties /forties.

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi Sandradee,

Does RF helps in reducing the jaw muscles too or is meant to tighten the face? May I know how is it different different from botox?
    By the way.. Which doc are you seeing at cosmopolitan?

thx

Cozy Celeb Array

Sandradee

Can you tell me also whether my jawline can be reduce with this radiofrequency? What did the doc tell you? I ask my doc and he still tell me that botox is better for me. Can tell me? My jaw very square original so if this is more permamnet then i dont go for botox.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by snowcastle View Post
    Hi Sandradee,

Does RF helps in reducing the jaw muscles too or is meant to tighten the face? May I know how is it different different from botox?
    By the way.. Which doc are you seeing at cosmopolitan?

thx
    It is meant for skin toning/tightening, more lifted and rejuvenating appearance.For bulky jaw muscles, you still need botox to relax the muscles, RF can't do that. I did my botox with Dr Ng.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by KatLing View Post
    Sandradee

Can you tell me also whether my jawline can be reduce with this radiofrequency? What did the doc tell you? I ask my doc and he still tell me that botox is better for me. Can tell me? My jaw very square original so if this is more permamnet then i dont go for botox.
    Hi, your doc is right, square jaw due to muscles definitely need botox, sometimes cheeks get abit saggy so RF is good for that. It does help in contouring the face if it is alittle chubby

I read from the Women's Weeky May issue that one type on RF do once can last for a long time but then cost like $6000 onwards.... :wow:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast