Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoe Woes!

Quote Originally Posted by happybean
    can also apply petroleum jelly/vaseline on those tight parts (apply on your foot or the inside of the shoes itself) just before you wear the shoes - eliminates painful friction while helping to soften the shoe material (even man-made materials) somewhat. hths!
    Really? Thanks happy bean. I really have problems with court or covered shoes. My feet, toes always end up with blisters. Must try your method! Get some vaseline first! But will they make my feet too slippery to walk around or the shoes get loose?

Thanks Happybean! I'll get some vaseline from watson during lunchtime!

Cozy Rookie Array

I am a victim of getting blisters on my foot too. regardless cheap or expensive shoes, covered, open-toe,sandals or heels. there is never a time where i don't get blisters or sore on my foot, once bitten twice shy, I never invested on expensive shoe again. I have blisters even with wearing Birkies at the beginning, now, I'm wearing it 365days (regardless my office do not allow wearing sandals).I can't seem to fit any other shoe. I have problem walking in heels too.can't appreciate the pretty shoes out there.

Cozy Celeb Array

my feet is ugly to begin with and every time i wear heels, my feet will get blisters all over which makes it even worst looking.

Cozy Star Array

I'm naturally flat-footed. Heels + me = kamikaze, but I still wear heels to make up for the vertical challenge.
    And I think because of my flat-footedness, I get quite severe pains in the ball of my foot. And corns etc. So every pair of my heels have petals to try to lessen the condition. Oh well.

ber

I am a very flats person, but ultimately when you go out for work and etc, heels will make you presentable IMO.

OT: How do you people know that you have flat feet?

Wow, before reading this thread I though I was the only one who really suffers when wearing heels..

I get very aching toes (like i stand on tip-toes the entire day), not to mention blisters and such.. My feet is also very board and I'm also flat-footed to add to my woes..

Despite that, I still wear heels everyday to work.. Flats are reserved for weekends when I can be my usualy stubby self.. I am on my feet most part of the day, and I so my heels are 2.5" max.. 2" are most comfy for me.. Any higher than that I'll die!

sometimes...
    when da straps cut into my flesh...
    or when i hv been walkin ard for too long...

Cozy Rookie Array

i have problem wearing sandals or heels i feels my feet is itchy and blister at the straps area especially the shoe strap is pvc or canvas (rough) material due to friction anyone having these problems ?

Cozy Rookie Array

I hatee wearing heels.... especially when u have to stand ard and walk for cocktail parties...

I can't seem to find the perfect shoes for such events... usually heels are only pretty looking, but its damn uncomfy to wear..

any recommendations?

I am really a sneakers kinda gal..

Cozy Star Array

Quote Originally Posted by ber
    I am a very flats person, but ultimately when you go out for work and etc, heels will make you presentable IMO.

OT: How do you people know that you have flat feet?
    Well, the common way is to do a wet patch test. Wet your feet, and step onto a piece of paper (or floor if it shows wet spots). Walk a few steps normal and observe the print you make. If it has an concave mark where the arch is, then you have normal feet. If it's just one big patch like a duck's paddle, then you have flat feet. Well, just make sure your feet aren't TOO wet. HTH~

Cozy Rookie Array

I bought one pair from Gripz... nice design and height.. but after wearing for half a day, I realised that the front is too small for my broad feet! I almost couldn't walk!

Ironically I can't wear flats - they make me waddle & I walk funny. When the footwear is too flat, it makes my feet ache. For me low heels are the most comfortable - 1 to 1.5 inch high. And my limit is about 4-5 inches.

For newbies to heels, keep these in mind
    - start low , around 1-2 inches. once you're used to them you can try higher heels
    - for stability, get a bigger heel or wedges, rather than tiny stiletto heels
    - the arch of the shoe is impt. Try on to make sure the arch does not hurt your feet. This determines slippage as well

Not all high heels are uncomfortable, it really depends on each individual shoe.

Cozy Celeb Array

Me too.. My feet hurts whenever I wear high heels. Even if I wear those covered shoes low heels my shoes will still be "bitten"
    so not much choices and often wear sandle-like shoes that is without covering my toes..

My feet hurt MOST of the time in heels so i keep to flats mostly!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast