Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default anti-slip and deodorizing shoe insoles

Anyone has recs for deodorizing and anti-slip shoe insoles? cos i have sweaty feet (hate those over-active sweat glands), and i tried foot petals anti-slip paste on insoles(the flower shaped one), and it changed the fit of my shoe, causing it to be so tight, i had to remove it after just one use. anyone knows of thinner insoles?

Scholl has a rather thin 3/4 insole that you can get at Guardian and watsons. It isn't specifically meant for sweaty feet though, although it is supposed to be washable. HTH!

I don't like to wash my insoles cuz the sides always peel after many uses... Scholl's too expensive to dispose so soon and Daiso usually doesn't have my size. I like the Watson's one cuz it's good and cheap too, especially when it's on offer! I bought a few pairs at about $3.95 each when it was on offer

xiaomantou - I've always wanted to try that or Foot Glide. I wonder though, if using that would make the shoes slip off at the back? For example, some shoes may not be very snug yet if I put on the foot balm, will the shoes slip off?

One of my gel liners has also come off even though it's 'stickered' on. Maybe you could try these. They're latex foam and cost $2.50 only.

Glossie If your shoes are not snug enough, it might slip off at the back, especially if you have applied too much of the balm. I will look out for the latex foam grips!!

steflovesnate Ya I bring it out with me whenever I will be wearing my new or uncomfortable shoes!

Glossie, may I know where did you get that pair of heel grips?

Cozy Celeb Array

XMT: Which watsons did you get the slik stick from? I can't seems to find this at AMK & Bishan's watsons.

Glossie: ouch, i wished that i read this thread earlier, i just bought Scholls one at $5.90 i think. That's more than double

kkly - You see the price tag? SHOP IN is the name of the shop where I got them. The outlet is next to Gramophone on North Bridge Road (diagonally opposite Raffles City).

Shirrr - Those from Scholl are of different material. I got their heel grips on the same day as I felt they serve different purposes. Scholl also has leather heel liners which are thicker. The heel grips are to prevent the back of feet from slipping off the shoes. I believe Vaseline works quite the same as Foot Glide. Just more icky to use and probably more wet.

Cozy Celeb Array

Glossie: Ohhh i've never tried all these before so don't really know if it works well and serves different purposes. I'll probably buy foot glide than, in case vaseline leaves residue and it'll be troublesome to clean off.

Looks good, callieric. Should take modelling pics, la.

Shirrr - Me neither. I doubt there'd be residue. Someone had actually already mentioned that any body moisturiser will do. The idea is to keep the areas smooth so friction is reduced and hence less chance of blistering. The Scholl heel grips are thinner and kinda rougher in texture compared to the heel liners. If you want to get cheaper ones just for trying out, go to Daiso. They have more variety of foot solutions as well.

Glossie, Thanks alot. I will keep a look out when I am there.

Mod's note: Posts #34 to #41 are copied from
    What Shoes Did You Buy Today?

Cozy Rookie Array

i bought my insoles from daiso. only $2!

I have a silly question to ask.

I just bought heel grips but I dunno which side is is the top, and which side is the bottom? The curved or the straight side?

The straight side on top and the curved on the bottom.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast