Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
    Cozy Rookie Array

Default BB Cream and Pregnancy

Hi All,

I am just wondering, is it safe to use BB cream during pregnancy? Cos it seems alot of bb cream have whitening properties. Was thinking of getting BTRC BB Cream. Anyone consulted your doc about this before?

Some sunscreen also have whitening properties. I am using neutrogena whitening (silver packing) range. Is that safe?

I know vitamin A (retin A) cream, and some fruit acid are to be avoided during pregnancy. How about whitening stuff?

Cozy Rookie Array

i think is not a good idea to use bb cream during pregnancy...we don't do any action that will hurt our children rite...n we believe mami is the most beautiful girl in the world although without make up

Cozy Rookie Array

i also have BB cream which contains whitening stuff, but i switched to the skinfood aloe vera BB cream...

i read somewhere on the net that sunscreens r ok to use, but of coz, do check with your doc..for me, i am still using sunscreen as per normal...

Cozy Rookie Array SunshineSheens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelenLee View Post
    i think is not a good idea to use bb cream during pregnancy...we don't do any action that will hurt our children rite...n we believe mami is the most beautiful girl in the world although without make up
    But still it's not a valid excuse for pregnant women not to fix & pamper herself simply because of old wives tale & hearsays about beauty/skincare products.

I've been using BB creme & I'm on my last trimestre already. Even had facial on my 6th month and me and my baby is still alive & kicking Getting a facial is the best decision I've made so far for my oily/acne prone skin, it really cleared my pregnancy acne & also with the help of BB creme & my usual skin regimen I've been using during pre-pregnancy

Even my dermatologist NEVER said anything about me going for diamond peel etc and she's also a mom

Re: Vitamin A, it is only to be avoided ORALLY in huge doses. There's still NO medical proof about topical retinols being harmful for pregnant women,.

Cozy Rookie Array

yup, i also cannot stand my pregnancy acne...people have been telling me that its normal..but i just feel so sad looking at the mirror...
    i still went ahead n see a skin doc...hopefully it will clear up soon..
    as for facials, the place that i usually go to uses a lot of vitamin A products..so i don feel "safe" going there..

Cozy Rookie Array

I use BB cream. If I didn't have discoloration and scars from acne, .... i didn't know that you can't use whitening products during pregnancy. Anyway, if the BB cream is new in box, it can keep for some time. U'll love it.

not about BB cream, but there was a short related discussion on skincare during pregnancy in this page of a cc thread which i found interesting: Avene