Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default When should start to see gynae

Hi hi,

I just did my DIY urine test yesterday, i am 1 month pregnant.

I tried to book appointment with one of the popular gynae, the only available slot is
    04-June evening. Is it alright to see gynae few weeks later? Or should i go see any GP 1st?

Pardon me for such silly question, so i have alots of ????

TIA, silly mother-to-be
    Last edited by BoonBoon; 24-05-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi BoonBoon

Congrats! I am also 1 mth pregnant! tested positive on home pregnany kit yesterday and went to see my company doctor to confirm pregnancy this morning. I was so happy and got sooooo many questions to ask her... and she asked me to see gynae two weeks later! I am in public healthcare and will be seeing gynae in SGH instead to utilize my medical benefits!

right now, i cant wait to see my gynae cos got a lot of questions for her...

Hi MisoHapi dear,

Congrats to you too. I very excited now, tried to call clinic again, managed to get a appointment tomorrow PM. Can't wait to see the gynae
    Last edited by BoonBoon; 24-05-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Cozy Rookie Array

hey, i was very scared when i see the doc this morning cos i worry whether i did the test correctly, pregnancy kit got defect and so forth. the doc got to assured me twice that the test is positive...

all the best to you BoonBoon!

Hi ladies,

I m now 4 mths pregnant. I went for my 1st gynae appt when i was in my 6th week think approximately 1mths +++. It all depends on the individual when to see the gynae coz when i went for my gynae appt, i saw this lady who is like in her 4th mth going for her first appt.

it would be better to go at 6weeks + cos by the time, can detect the heartbeat already. go too early also no use.

According to my sis (she's staying overseas) she said most OBS wouldn't even bother seeing you before the 2nd trimester... coze its not stable yet so she started seeing only on the 4mth... I saw my gynae during 8 weeks

Zicon

Actually, I felt that one should see a gynae soonest possible upon knowing that you are pregnant. Its precisely because the pregnancy is not stable during the first 3 months that a gynae will come in useful should stabilisation is needed. My gynae will request me to visit him every week during the first few weeks, then bi-weekly, and subsequently a monthly visit during the second trimester.

Just my 1 opinions.

Cozy Celeb Array

There's no proven treatment that can stabilize an unstable pregnancy. People who will miscarry tend to do so even with expensive treatments. However, I think seeing an OB/GYN early is a good idea, just to get scans, book in for blood tests etc. Pregnant women get tested for HIV, Hep B and C by default as far as I know. If termination for the above reasons is a concern it needs to be done in the first trimester as well.

Hi hi,

I went to my gynae appt yesterday.

The doc didn't even test whether i am positive or not, went ahead and do the ultrascan. Guess what!! Nothing can be seen on the screen, cos i'm only 5 weeks pregnant. I pay a total of $136 for scan, consultation fee, folic acid and turinal. I was like, why the doc not professional at all, she assume i am 6 weeks already, so went ahead with the scan. I have to see her again next week.

I was quite pissed off. I went home and do the test again. Yes Yes Yes i am very pregnant

The only good thing about seeing her early is the start with turinal which help to protect prenancy.

Just sharing my 1st experience with gynae

Zicon

Actually its rather strange cos the last time when I went for my fist gynae visit at 4.5 weeks, he is able to scan and show us the sac......its a very small round egg yolk kind of thingy.......

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi BoonBoon, what is a turinal? I thought 5 weeks can detect heartbeat already cos my colleague was just sharing with me that her gynae did the scan for her and detect her baby's heartbeat when she was 4 weeks + pregnant. anyway, I have fixed my appt on 13 June and hoping for a scan to see whether can detect heartbeat! cant wait!

Cozy Rookie Array

strange.....

i was able to detect mine at 5+ weeks and Dr Doug Ong even let me hear my baby's heartbeat. Though faint but quite strong and even my hubby can hear

Cozy Rookie Array

i went to see my gynae when i'm 5weeks pregnant, dr sim is able to detect the sac when she do the ultrasound.

I think we shouldn't compare when it comes to our babies. That's what I read in the book about pregancy. Eg some babies tend to be more active in their mothers' womb, but some are not.

Have faith in your doc and wait to see what happens during your 2nd appointment with your doc. Don't worry too much ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast