Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i think there are 2 types of gel nails

the traditional one requires filing to remove the gel while the newer one only need to soak to remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Babe wannabe View Post
    Hi, anyone heard of soak off Gel polish?? My friend did her's in japan and it lasted for almost 3 weeks on her finger without chipping off. Dunno any shop in Singapore doing that?
    I heard, Is is not the tradition kind of soak off gel and hard gel. Is new technology like normal nail polish, apply ike normal nail polish , only diff is must shine with UV light, can last around 3 weeks.

Where can I buy the soak off gel?

Hi,

I'm interesting on soak off gel, but which brand u gals recommend?
    And where can I get it?

I'm interesting to buying alotss of colors, info pls?

Thanks~!

Cozy Rookie Array

i did my soak of gel polish. indeed it can last very long. however, to remove it is not really about soaking it off. they soak, and use a metal piece to scrap off, then soak n scrap. my nails now feel so brittle and alots of "scar" on the nails.

i dont feel it worth. and also to remove cost $30 (depend on where u go)

Cozy Rookie Array

Babes, this is also another soak off gel. You can see it often in Japanese nail magazines.

Here's the full range, total of 48 colors. They will launch another new batch of colors in March.

Cozy Rookie Array

Anybody has tried gelish? I'm interested to try it too, i saw a few salon carry it.
    How much did you girls paid for it?
    I like the idea of long-lasting nail polish..

i just did it mine recently at tampiness and i really like it! as i'm rushing in time .. the manicurist did a express manicure for me..

Cozy Rookie Array

my neighbourhood nail salon is offering promo price of $80 for CNY...
    i find it too exp so i just opt for normal manicure

Quote Originally Posted by sher View Post
    Anybody has tried gelish? I'm interested to try it too, i saw a few salon carry it.
    How much did you girls paid for it?
    I like the idea of long-lasting nail polish..

Cozy Rookie Array

It seems like most salon are charging $100 for a set (both hands and feet). Kinda expensive for me too..

Cozy Rookie Array

Ya, gelish polish is really good, dries instantly.Whole process took about an hr.. but 48 colors is quite limited thou..
    I did it @ Nails Bar for $55.00 with Manicure + Gel. Soak off @ $15.00

Cozy Rookie Array

I'm using AnGel Pro from Korea. Basically the same thing as Gelish.
    With 126 colours....

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi girls, I've been doing gelish manicures at fingertip for $35 inclusive of classic manicure. Soak off removal is $20 and gradation is $10. However, these are promotional prices so I don't know if they still apply. I've done gelish about 4-5 times and I would recommend it for sure! You can see pics and reach more at my site actually. Just search for gelish when you get to nailartexpress.wordpress.com

Cozy Rookie Array

Having tried various other gel nail polishes before (OPI, IBD) in both soak off and non-soak off varieties, I was a little skeptical of this product. I found it by accident while I was looking for CND's shellac. Another company recommended this product because CND has a shortage on their products right now.

When I received this product, I brushed the base coat by Gelish on first and cured it for one minute under a UV lamp. Then, I brushed this on. I was really surprised at how easily it went on, and how pretty it is. It is a light pink and very sparkly. After two coats, it was completely opaque. I was very pleased at this point because the other gel polishes that I have tried before go on so sheer that you have to put on five to six coats to get the color you want. By the time you have put on that many coats, you have a fake nail instead of a polished natural one. This product made me feel like I had my own natural nails.

After putting on two coats of this polish, I topped it off with IBD intense seal and cured it for two minutes. The result was a beautiful set of nails that took only about ten minutes to do. So far, I have had them on for four days, and no chips. I am rough on my nails, and I wash dishes, type a lot and clean constantly, so I usually have chips after a day or two. This is my new go to nail product!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymae View Post
    Having tried various other gel nail polishes before (OPI, IBD) in both soak off and non-soak off varieties, I was a little skeptical of this product. I found it by accident while I was looking for CND's shellac. Another company recommended this product because CND has a shortage on their products right now.

When I received this product, I brushed the base coat by Gelish on first and cured it for one minute under a UV lamp. Then, I brushed this on. I was really surprised at how easily it went on, and how pretty it is. It is a light pink and very sparkly. After two coats, it was completely opaque. I was very pleased at this point because the other gel polishes that I have tried before go on so sheer that you have to put on five to six coats to get the color you want. By the time you have put on that many coats, you have a fake nail instead of a polished natural one. This product made me feel like I had my own natural nails.

Where did you buy your uv light and gel sets? Can I do extensions on my own?

After putting on two coats of this polish, I topped it off with IBD intense seal and cured it for two minutes. The result was a beautiful set of nails that took only about ten minutes to do. So far, I have had them on for four days, and no chips. I am rough on my nails, and I wash dishes, type a lot and clean constantly, so I usually have chips after a day or two. This is my new go to nail product!
    Where did you buy your set of uv light and gels? Can I do sculpture on my own?

hui

need help from experts out there....

if i do my gel nails this way:
    1. pH bonder
    2. foundation base
    3. cure under uv light
    4. apply normal OPI laquer (instead of gelish)
    5.cure under UV lamp
    6. op ogg with gel top coat
    7. cure under uv lamp again

will my nails be as lasting compared to when i use gelish? thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast