Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123451323 ... LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

Hi Adessa,

I'd say this is on par with RMK's quality. Both are finely milled but I do think that RMK might be a little more sheer. Not that IPSA is very much heavier on the skin though but IPSA feels a little more creamy? Sorry, I really suck at describing and comparing

As for oil control, my IPSA works wonderfully when I used their SPF 47 sun screen beneath. I'm still wearing it now and I've not blot my face for close to 5 hours? I was told the fdn also has anti oxidation properties so it could have helped.

Hmn..actually I don't think RMK powder fdn is bad with oil control but maybe because when I was using it I wore their liquid make up base? (It still oxidised on me though). Do you wear a make up base? Oh yes, I do remember the RMK SA recommending me to take 1 shade lighter to counter the dullness thing once it oxidise. You may want to consider that if you don't mind looking a little pasty for a short while.

In fact, RMK makes my skin look pretty good too. Some people can never tell I have any foundation on so I'd say go with IPSA if you want something with a more made up but still natural finish.

Terribly sorry for the long post but I can't summarise this to something more concise

Update: Just tested both RMK and IPSA on half sides on my face, and my verdict goes to IPSA. Has a softer look and less drying on my normal/combi skin. RMK is good provided I don't layer on and if I wear a moisturizer/base. I hope this helps!~

Mods pls feel free to shift this post to something else more appropriate
    Last edited by popsicle; 26-04-2004 at 07:34 PM.

Hi feine & gracegan >> I've tried the KP powder foundation before. Just a quick question. Does the powder crack when it's near finishing? B'coz mine does & it makes the whole compact very messy Wonder if they sell the sponge seperately too. Maybe I should pop by the counter and give it a try once again. Thanks!

jeannette >> I will, heard ZA's powder not too bad either. :choice:

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Liquid or powder foundation?

:wave: ladies. I need some advice here. I am wondering if liquid foundation will have a higher tendency for clogging pores or the powered ones? i was once told by my friend that liquid ones are more harsh on the skin (i don't know how true it is). Also, i am currently using ettusais power foundation but i found it to be too dry to use it everyday. Any recommendations on a foundation that is oil-free yet not too drying? My skin is rather oily yet dehydrated, slightly sensitive too.

Cozy Star Array

threads merged

Cozy Star Array

Originally posted by Adessa
    Hi feine & gracegan >> I've tried the KP powder foundation before. Just a quick question. Does the powder crack when it's near finishing? B'coz mine does & it makes the whole compact very messy Wonder if they sell the sponge seperately too. Maybe I should pop by the counter and give it a try once again. Thanks!

Not feine or gracegan, but I'm an avid user of KP powder foundation (now using my 3rd refill ). They do sell the sponge separately,its about $10 for 2.(not quite sure of the exact price). Unless I accidentally drop the compact or my bag hit something hard, the powder seldom crack on me. When it does, I use it as loose powder instead( This happened to the 2 previous refills I had).

Cozy Rookie Array

hi there, hope im not posting in the wrong place...but i just read Straits Times Life and saw those brightening products. Was quite interested in the Estee Lauder Brightening Whitelight Foundation (this is not the actual name, can't rem the full name offhand)...anyone tried this before?

Cozy Rookie Array

any recommendation for liquid foundation?

--i'm loving my new mac hyper real foundation! it's very sheer and feels like nothing on the skin, yet makes my skin smooth and glowy. -

Originally posted by feine
    --i'm loving my new mac hyper real foundation! it's very sheer and feels like nothing on the skin, yet makes my skin smooth and glowy. -
    Wow I was taking the hyper real into consideration. May I ask whether the coverage was light or medium? Thanks!

hey pauline, i checked out MUA and its reviews are bad..yours seems so much better, or is it just the weather here that suits asian foundations? Nobody tried the Nobara before? it seems more popular.... I liked KP's powder...but for SGD65, I just find it a little too steep.

And pauline, does the Shu one aggravate your breakout? Im so afraid of plonking down so much money only to have it break me out....just like RMK's perfect foundation that unfortunately gave me zits.......oh drats.

And im so tempted to get a Chanel compact....partly because of a bimbotic reason: cos its so cool to whip out a Chanel compact..
    Alrighty, I sound like a true bimbo...

Originally posted by stilafaux
    Wow I was taking the hyper real into consideration. May I ask whether the coverage was light or medium? Thanks!
    i would say light. it looked very natural on, and the only perceptible difference was that my skin looked much healthier!my skintone was evened out, and my skin was distinctively more glowy without being shiny.-- -- --------

Xue

Originally posted by feine
    i'm super lemming this! really liked the old formulation and can't wait to try the new one!

Originally posted by Pixash
    Im on the hunt for some base makeup.

And im stuck between refilling my KP Macro Powder foundation or trying out Chanel... I need some coverage (sheer makeup doesnt do a thing for me), oilies-management and yet something fresh and dewy, and not powdery.. hmmm, any suggestions?
    I love my RMK creamy liquid foudation . Coverage is good! Medium to high,as it's rather thick, but you just use a tiny winy bit each time, so a tube really lasts! The finish is semi-matt for me, so there's a bit of oil control and, slightly dewy after abt half an hr or so. Best of all it does not breaks me out!

The SAs are nice and willing to let you try and provide tiny samples of their foundation which is another thumbs up.

*edited by Ataraxia to remove quotes - please quote only when necessary! avoid quoting when you're referring to the post above or just replying to the general content of the thread*
    Last edited by xue; 04-05-2004 at 01:01 AM.

bee

Best powder foundation?

hi hi, i am the powder freak...been searching for the best powder foundation or 2-way cake for a long time...but till now, i cannot find the ONE for me yet...i have oily and pimply skin, tends to break out esp when menses coming...and my face becomes an oil field 3 hours after application

i m currently using the new Lancome's mattifying compact...it is not bad...but *** really control oil like it claim, i need to touch up by lunch time...also have the Laneige's one...when u just used it, the effect is really superb, it covered very well and has a nice smell...however, after 2 hours...i noticed that my t-zone start to be cakey..ARGH...

Chanel's teint controlle one is good...but the lightest color, is still too dark for me!! by midday, my skin oxidises into a darker shade, and i looked terrible with my foundation looking 2 shades darker..

can anyone advise me?

p.s. just found out about this website *slooooow* *** know there are so many cosmetics maniacs like me around

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123451323 ... LastLast