Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
    Cozy Rookie Array

Default Recommended Makeup For Acne Skin

Hi all! I'm new here smile.gif

I have pimply skin sad.gif with more acne scars (red-brownish pigments instead of pitholes) than pimples themselves..

There are way too many cosmetic products out there and I'm not sure which are the ones that suit acne skin better..I need to wear makeup for an outdoor photoshoot on friday..

I'm also a noob at makeup..previously whenever I need to makeup, I only apply foundation (powder/makeup mousse) and pencil eyeliner..the foundation is meant to reduce the appearance of blemishes but not totally conceal them sad.gif

Anybody has good recommendations? and maybe also the proper step to applying makeup for acne-prone skin?

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamsundaepokey View Post
    Hi all! I'm new here smile.gif

I have pimply skin sad.gif with more acne scars (red-brownish pigments instead of pitholes) than pimples themselves..

There are way too many cosmetic products out there and I'm not sure which are the ones that suit acne skin better..I need to wear makeup for an outdoor photoshoot on friday..

I'm also a noob at makeup..previously whenever I need to makeup, I only apply foundation (powder/makeup mousse) and pencil eyeliner..the foundation is meant to reduce the appearance of blemishes but not totally conceal them sad.gif

Anybody has good recommendations? and maybe also the proper step to applying makeup for acne-prone skin?

Thank you very much
    Hey Sweetie,

If you have acne, you should wear very light makeup, I would suggest a good and light oil-controlling moisturiser as your base, a light power foundation and a good concealer.

I liked to use Shiseido Pureness products when I was younger and had acne, maybe you can try it too.

Addie from The Cat Hag
    Last edited by CCShell; 11-06-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Referral Link not allowed

Cozy Rookie Array

yeah man, i know i should wear light makeup or no makeup at all~and that's what i have been doing most of the time, i rarely need to put on heavy makeup.
    i'm using pro-biotic day cream as a moisturizer and also serves as base. As for foundation, I'm using HD natural foundation (known to be non-comedogenic, does not clog pores), purifying serum, and acne concealer from Dermacells (also known to be non-comedogenic and does not clog pores).

How young were you when you had acne? I'm 21 now not like I'm having acne due to puberty..

Cozy Rookie Array

one of my gfs is using bare minerals from USA for all her make up and she has acne prone skin. she has been living there for a few years and after coming back to singapore she still gets her friends to buy for her whenever they visit. At least she doesn't break out that much now compared to previously.

Apparently mineral make up (maybelline also has a range but i am not sure how good it is) doesn't clog skin, uses only natural ingredients and is good for sensitive skin.

Cozy Rookie Array

Thanks for the great and useful suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Cozy Rookie Array

i use physician formula mineral makeup. sadly they dont have it in singapore. think you can use vpost if you try shipping from drugstore.com? but its really really good! i used to have bad acne but it all cleared up, it wont further irritate your skin

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi, can anyone recommend me a SPF-less BB cream or concealer that doesnt clog the pores further?
    Am a guy here and doesnt really know much about makeup brands, need help from you girls!!

Thanks!!!

Cozy Rookie Array

I use organic or natural makeup. it's getting more popular now, so many brands available. I use a tinted moisturizer from Madara then 100% Pure Foundation Powder, it's full coverage, great for acne and redness, (not so good for dark spots or blemishes though) and it's made from rice powder so feeds your skin. I can't use MAC concealer on my acne, breakout even more at the end of the day. I can see those clog pores and black heads.