Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gucci vs LV

Cozy Rookie Array

I tried but it couldn't be removed cos the stain is absorbed by the leather.

Originally posted by ChanceuxS
    Correct me if Im wrong, but this monogram vernis porte monnaine billets cartes credits wallet has compartments for your change, bills and credit cards.
    And it's available in 6 colours
    Hths
    chanceusx, the wallet that you are talking about is the 4.5" L x 4" H one, right?

that's too big for me.

I'm talking about the ludlow which is only 3.9" L x 3.1" H and i don't think it has a bill compartment.

think that model is more of a cardholder than a wallet itself

yah. was a little disappointed when I saw it at the Taka boutique last week.

I like the ludlow. But SO thinks it's impractical cause of the zero bills compartment. But it's compact.

Cozy Rookie Array

Definitely LV. My cousin, has been investing in LV's wallet and bags since I was 10 ten years ago. Now, that I'm already 21, she's still using the bags and wallets. The best thing is that they are still in good condition!

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi gals,

Need your advice here. For those who bought Gucci bags in seasonal colors, do you still carry them after a few seasons?

I'm thinking whether I should wait for the Gucci sale and buy their seasonal color bags. But worry that it's not as timeless as LV bags.. But too bad, LV don't have sale.

Quote Originally Posted by purpletots
    Hi gals,

Need your advice here. For those who bought Gucci bags in seasonal colors, do you still carry them after a few seasons?

I'm thinking whether I should wait for the Gucci sale and buy their seasonal color bags. But worry that it's not as timeless as LV bags.. But too bad, LV don't have sale.
    ya, i think i will still carry them even after a few seasons, I mean, i'm those who will carry the bags until they are really worn out since it cost so much. No point spending so much money and then u dont carry them after new colors are out.
    u can always wait for the sale, take a look first before u decide on LV or gucci. but one thing for sure, LV prices will increase as time goes by

The best rule is to get something you truly love so you won't get sick of it even after the season is over.

Personally, I would get interesting and unique prints and design for Gucci or Prada as compared to the classic designs and colours. There are alot of good imitations out there for the classic designs and colours. So the seasonal designs and colours are a definite plus for me especially if I can get them at a discount!

Cozy Rookie Array

Thanks for the advices.

Do you think this season's purple is hard to match with clothes?

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by jazzii
    Yes, the monogram vernis porte monnaine billets does hold notes. I have the exact same one in the same colour. However, note that vernis is very difficult to maintain. I will not buy a Vernis wallet againt, as usually the wallet get thrown in the bag with other items, like key pouch, cosmetic pouch etc, and colour from other items stained the vernis very easy.

Love vernis and the wallet but should have bought a monogram on hindsight.
    oh, is it? not easy for maintaince? I am planning to buy the red one, do you think a red one would not get stained eazily? Thanks

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by fusionx
    I like the ludlow. But SO thinks it's impractical cause of the zero bills compartment. But it's compact.
    I am plan to buy this model, the red one, as it's compact so I can use it together with my pochette twin. but as jazzii mentioned it' s difficult ot maintain for the vernis leather. So hesitating now. I don't like to spend time on maintaince or whenever I use I have to worry about it.
    Last edited by FatalPink; 25-05-2005 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purpletots
    Hi gals,

Hi,

I actually had the same worry as you when I wanted to buy a bag from Gucci.. I had actually planned to get this particular bag which is pink in colour but as advised by the sales assistant in the store, many ppl will not use their bags after the season is over. She actually advised me to get the brown one, which is never out of season.. And I did just that!

Cozy Celeb Array

i own a few Gucci and LV bags too and i agree with the ladies who are all for LV cause it neither go outta fashion nor spoils easily. usually when i purchase Gucci bags, i get the classic colour so that i can still carry them after the season is over. as for LV, my current LV wallet is still in tag and i have been using it for more than 3 years. i guess i stil much prefer Gucci design but if i want something which i can use for long, i will take LV.

Cozy Rookie Array

Same here, I have few LV's and few Gucci's, but I found most of the time I am with my LVs. seems LV bags are easier to match my clothes and moods. one of my Gucci, the classic shoulder sling, with a clasp at the center of the bag, I just hate to use this one, as it looks big but not roomy, then the shoulder strap keeps slipping off my shoulder especialy when i am not wearing spag, I have to use one hand to hold it while walking. I use it only occasionally just to prevent it from moulding. But I still go to the boutique to check now and then. But I like their shoes, very comfortable even with high heels

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast