email signup
Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest

Default Tips for caring your branded handbag

We all longing for Branded handbags, however they don't come cheap. Some of them are hard to maintain as they are easy to go out of use. We need to take good care of them. Different material needs different care.

Here are some tips:

Leather Handbags
    Leather handbags are the most durable of all the materials. This is almost known by everyone. But it is not easy to keep a leather handbag well. Remember to wipe down your handbag with a clean damp cloth to remove dust and dirt always. This is the basic step to keep a handbag. Leather cleaning conditioners are necessary if you want your leather handbags always look like the new one. Rib the leather handbag always with the conditioner in order to moisturize the handbag. The place where you put your leather handbag is also an important factor. A dark, cool space out of direct sunlight is necessary if you want really want to keep your handbag well.

Python Snakeskin Handbag
    A python snakeskin handbag is a serious investment. Exotic-skin handbags such as this are very expensive, so you want to pay careful attention to how you treat and care for the purse to ensure a long life.
    Things You'll Need:
    Old cloth or rag
    Be careful where you take the bag. While a handbag should be used and enjoyed, you want to be careful not to take the bag out in extreme rain or snow. Damp weather such as humidity and rain or snow can cause the bag to absorb moisture and result in peeling scales. Check the weather to make sure it will be a reasonably dry day before taking your python snakeskin handbag out. You can invest in a plastic bag that snaps around the body of the bag to protect it if damp weather occurs while you are already out of the house.

Do not use leather conditioners or cleaners of any sort. Unlike most leather handbags, a python snakeskin handbag does not require any conditioners or cleaners. Python is reasonably soft to begin with and will become softer with use. Cleaners are not required because the chemicals can cause cracking in the skin and also discoloration.

Wipe the bag clean. Should you spill something on your python snakeskin handbag, simply pat it clean with a cotton rag or cloth. Do not rub the moisture into the bag, but instead place the cloth on the area and allow the cloth to soak up the contents on its own. Beyond that, allow the bag to air-dry on its own, and never apply any heated items such as a blow-dryer on the skin.

Avoid storing the bag in a sunlit area. Keep your python snakeskin handbag in mint condition by storing it in a dust bag or on a shelf away from the sun. Sitting in the sun for hours on a daily basis can cause the skin to dry out, crack and peel.

What's the material of your beloved handbag? Share with us and we can learn together how to take good care of it.

Great info. Thx
    Mine happens to Python Snakeskin Handbag.

Default Suede Bag

tips for today
    Suede Bag
    To clean and protect your Suede from dirt and moisture, you will require a suede brush, suede protector, suede cleaner and a hard rubber eraser. It is best to buy a suede cleaner and water repellent along with your suede handbag to ensure good care of your new handbag from the very beginning. You will need to spray two layers of the suede protector on your handbag to ensure proper protection. It is advisable that you complete this procedure on the outside and in the absence of strong wind, so that your suede handbag easily absorbs the protector liquid.

For the daily care of your handbag, you can brush it gently with the suede brush to keep away dust and other particulate matter from the surface of the bag. However, do remember to brush in one direction only. Multi-directional brush strokes will damage the texture of your suede handbag. If possible, read the instruction booklet that every manufacturer provides with their suede handbags, which contains instructions about the proper brushing technique to maintain your handbag's condition.

The most important aspect that you must consider while taking care of suede handbags, is that you must keep them dry. Moisture harms the texture and softness of suede, damaging your handbag considerably. If you wish to clean stains off your suede handbag, you can use the hard rubber eraser to rub off the stain off its surface. Under no circumstances, should you use soap on your handbag. Always remember to stuff paper in it when you want to keep it in storage so that it is able to retain its original shape. These are the few simple steps, which you must follow to take good care of your suede handbag.

Cozy Rookie Array

my bag, any tips?

Cozy Rookie Array

Thanks for sharing

crocodile skin
    Cleaning
    Wipe the crocodile leather gently with a soft, damp cloth to remove any dirt or spills. Wipe the item with a clean, dry cloth after cleaning. Allow the crocodile skin to air dry naturally if it is wet as hair dryers or other direct sources of heat may dry out the skin and cause cracks. If it becomes necessary to use a cleaning product to remove a stain or spill, look for a product specifically designed for use on crocodile skin or a cleaner containing a small amount of lanolin.

Maintenance
    Keep your crocodile skin leather goods away from high temperatures, rain, direct sunlight and humid environments to prevent damage or fading. Store the crocodile leather in a cloth storage bag to prevent scratching or gouging of the skin.

Hope this will help

anyone at all?? what's your beloved bag?

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Meltonian Leather Care

For me, I use Meltonian for my Chanel 2.55 dutifully. When i bought it, i applied a light layer on it all over to protect it, and also about once every 2 mths will "polish" it all over again. It works just fine for my LV canvas and Coach leather bags, and able to remove pen marks without removing the bag's color. I like how the conditioner tans my new LV leather parts, apply and I sun them to make them "tan" faster.

I **** most people use Meltonian or Apple care? But i heard Meltonian is what they use in Chanel boutiques, not sure if that is true but it seems to be highly raved in The Purse Forum.

Hope that helps

Happy Valentine's Day!

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Tips for Caring for your Burberry PVC

hi,

Be very careful! Burberry Nova Check picks up color from other items very easily! My three-month old bag now has blue from my jeans all over it. Keep in mind that those jeans had already been washed! Be careful around anything dark because the stains do not come off!

Cozy Celeb Array

Quote Originally Posted by happysnowball View Post
    For me, I use Meltonian for my Chanel 2.55 dutifully. When i bought it, i applied a light layer on it all over to protect it, and also about once every 2 mths will "polish" it all over again. It works just fine for my LV canvas and Coach leather bags, and able to remove pen marks without removing the bag's color. I like how the conditioner tans my new LV leather parts, apply and I sun them to make them "tan" faster.

I **** most people use Meltonian or Apple care? But i heard Meltonian is what they use in Chanel boutiques, not sure if that is true but it seems to be highly raved in The Purse Forum.

Hope that helps
    where can I get this?

Cozy Rookie Array

What about Balenciaga bags? How do you go about cleaning them?

Cozy Rookie Array i_am_prettyroan's Avatar

Thanks for a nice advices. I am carrying my bag just normal for the care I just leave it to the cleaning service but of course when I am storing it I am putting nicely at home with its dust bag. I am preventing the bag to be sweat on my skin. Even be wet in the rain or exposed to much in the sun. I have experienced before that my LV was wet from the rain and then the sun comes out so the LV looks a little old but still not damaged. Advantage of carrying a real leather bag.