Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default designer bags choice. LV, PRADA, MIUMIU

Im turning 21 this year and was thinking to own my first designer bag. I have some brands in mind which are LV, miumiu and prada. I will be starting my schooling in July and was wondering which bag will be more approriate for schooling and going out during weekends. The bags i had in mind were LV neverfull in damier ebene MM, Miu miu vitello lux shopper (small). For prada, i have yet seen any design that catches my eyes. So, is there any recommandations? TIA.

Cozy Star Array

Are you going to put books in there? The Miu Miu vitello lux shopper might be too small.

How about Balenciaga?

Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    Are you going to put books in there? The Miu Miu vitello lux shopper might be too small.

How about Balenciaga?
    I was thinking to put some notes inside but definitely not books? balenciaga is nt bad. But, i find it looks very very similar to imitates. It's like almost indentical replica? So, i dont want people to mistaken me as carrying a "fake" especially since Im quite young?

I think there're too many LV neverful around, so would prefer MiuMiu & Prada.
    Probably you may want to consider the resale value of the bag should you decide to sell. Not sure if MiuMiu & Prada would fetch better resale price.

Cozy Celeb Array

thanks for your reply Soxx. But prada and mm bags are smaller right?

Quote Originally Posted by happyspring View Post
    I was thinking to put some notes inside but definitely not books? balenciaga is nt bad. But, i find it looks very very similar to imitates. It's like almost indentical replica? So, i dont want people to mistaken me as carrying a "fake" especially since Im quite young?
    Anyone who can mistake a real Balenciaga for a fake one clearly wouldn't know anything about luxury bags - so don't worry about their assumptions, they clearly don't count for anything

That said, a Bal isn't a good choice for your first luxury bag. Miu Miu has great options but do get the lambskin instead of the coated calfskin ones, they feel so much nicer.

Cozy Rookie Array

happyspring: I used to have the same worry as you about Balenciaga and its high number of fakes. Now I don't fret anymore as the look and feel of a real Bal is really superior to the average fake. You can just tell. Before I got my Bals, I definitely wasn't able to differentiate between a real and a fake but now I can. I think it's the leather.

Anyway, personally I carry a Balenciaga City to school. It can be a little small for days when I have to bring more notes which by the way won't fit properly in a City. I have to roll mine up but it doesn't bother me. I think a Work would be the perfect size for school.

I don't own one but my recommendation would be a Mulberry Bayswater. It seems pretty fuss-free and I think that's an important point to note when buying a bag for school. (:

Cozy Rookie Array

It's quite true there are many LV neverfull ard, but i have to say, it's very very practical! cos i owned 1 myself! u can just dump everything in and it goes well with any outfit!
    Last edited by coolbugz; 26-01-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Though i am quite sick of lotsa LV Neverfull out on the streets, i can't agree more for LV neverfull to b your 1st designer bag. There's a lot of LV out there cos it is afterall one of the most sought after brand.

Im suggesting this cos since u are still schooling and will like to bring the bag out during weekends, i seriously will tell u to consider LV neverfull as it is really practical for your kind of usage.
    I am afraid of other brands which is mostly made of full leather, will add the weight to the whole bag and in the end, you might think your bag is too heavy.

But this is just my opinion...not hard feelings

Another vote for the Neverfull. It's light and you can load it up with lots of junk, toss it on the floor, use it hard and it still looks decent. Plus, the Damier ebene print is nice and classic and the red lining is very pretty.

I vote for Balenciaga!

Personally I'm a huge fan of Bal so maybe I'm biased lol, but I swop between Work and Part-time for school and on weekends I will opt for the smaller City. Work is especially good for school cos it's the only bag that can fit my laptop, notes, pencil case and other misc stuff.

Hi pinkiestarlet, bal work is good but its a pity that it does not come with additional strap as i dont like the idea of hand carry heavy stuffs. =(

^Work fits comfortably over the shoulders so it's ok without the extra shoulder strap actually

Quote Originally Posted by pinkiestarlet View Post
    ^Work fits comfortably over the shoulders so it's ok without the extra shoulder strap actually
    any pics when wore? hehs

And I thought it's LV fakes that are rampant and hard to tell apart from the real deal I could never see why people would compare canvas-coated printed bags to plain leather bags because they're really quite different, from price to wardrobe 'matchability'. That said, I'd say the Neverfull should suit your needs. The Bal Work would not look nice with a shoulder strap but that's just me.

I posted mod pics of the Work worn on the shoulders:
    Balenciaga

I'm a shortie, size S/M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast