Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by vanillapod View Post

Pink Angel, I wouldn't consider that "friend" of yours to be a friend. She sponging off you; it's not fair! If she can't afford a meal, it's OK for friends to buy her a meal sometimes. But she's buying expensive bags every month and refusing to pay for her own food?! Don't waste your money on her, save the money and buy yourself Chanel bag!!
    hahaha...ya vanillapod i agree with you..i also quite pissed off with her .i think she lives on credit to satisfy her designer desires.

Quite pitiful actually.

Cozy Rookie Array

think if that's the case after you knew your friend deep ,then it's very sad; usually most will say u cannot help but say instantly-- a person with broken clothes doesnt mean she wont eat in restaurants (its just that maybe she thinks she rather spend on food ) --so the concept of $$ differs in everyone :
    Last edited by moh224; 20-11-2010 at 10:04 PM.

meowcsj> haha! that is what i am doing now! haha! i am heading to paris to get all the items i want too! And i am guessing it about 7 items so far!

Quote Originally Posted by snowminyi View Post
    if any of u ever saw anyone carrying a Chanel on board MRT or bus, 9 out of 10 chance she threw 4 months of her salary on that bag. that said, one might as well go get a Birkin. a Chanel is nowhere in the same league of luxury as a Birkin.

and wouldn't u feel like crap if u spent 4 months of salary on a Chanel, only to find out your colleague bought a Chanel replica and no one could tell the difference? if one is truly from a family of wealth, he or she would not even go around carrying a Chanel. Chanel are sold freely in stores and is well replicated. u won't even know what bag they're carrying. the last thing rich people want is to end up carrying the same bag as some fresh grad who can't wait to splurge their hard earn salary on a Chanel.
    That's not entirely right...but not entirely wrong either.
    Some ultra-rich people do go around carrying/wearing the 'IT' bag/clothing. While some of the ultra-rich prefer the lesser known brands but still cost an arm and leg nonetheless.

Most of us would probably never have heard of Philip Lim or Issy, if not for the celebrities wearing their creations and yet their prices are certainly right up there, if not higher, with the obvious brands like Gucci, Prada and Chanel.

A lot of choices we make also boils down to our preferences. I have friends who can certainly afford to have birkins but they like Chanels or LVs more than the birkin design.
    Or some people who can afford to drive but they choose to take public transport instead.

It's just a matter of individual preferences and I really don't think it's fair to judge people just based on their outside appearances.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by zjaninez View Post
    Some ultra-rich people do go around carrying/wearing the 'IT' bag/clothing. While some of the ultra-rich prefer the lesser known brands but still cost an arm and leg nonetheless.

Most of us would probably never have heard of Philip Lim or Issy, if not for the celebrities wearing their creations and yet their prices are certainly right up there, if not higher, with the obvious brands like Gucci, Prada and Chanel.

A lot of choices we make also boils down to our preferences. I have friends who can certainly afford to have birkins but they like Chanels or LVs more than the birkin design.
    Or some people who can afford to drive but they choose to take public transport instead.

It's just a matter of individual preferences and I really don't think it's fair to judge people just based on their outside appearances.
    yes, that's definitely not true, i can afford a chanel easily on a month's pay (not to boast) but i doubt i would ever get one. it's really personal preference.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by cherrycola View Post
    I drive and I carry Chanels... but I have no issues carrying my Chanels to take the train. I live practically next to Outram MRT, and it's so convenient to take the train to Dhoby Ghaut when I don't want to deal with the weekend parking situation!

(To return to the original topic - I'll be 27 in December. and I think there's no minimum age for loving luxury )
    Right back at ya girlie! I wear my Chanel & Hermes in the bus all the time! 1) a car is nowhere near the same price as one or two or even three handbags! 2) well I guess I'm out of Singapore about 6 mths of the year so no point of me driving... :/ 3) a bit of a green person, if I can do a little something to help save gas and the environment why not. Public Transport in Singapore is really efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by zjaninez View Post

I totally agree with you, but it's human nature everywhere for people to judge others based on their first impression.

A bit irrelevant but I admire other girls' bags all the time, it makes me happy too to get inspiration from how they match it with their outfits.

Addie from thecathag.blogspot.com
    Last edited by madaddie; 29-07-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Cozy Rookie Array

I feel that so long as you are comfortable carrying that bag, it doesnt matter which age or income group one falls in.

Cozy Rookie Array orangeyjellybeany's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madaddie View Post
    I totally agree with you, but it's human nature everywhere for people to judge others based on their first impression.

A bit irrelevant but I admire other girls' bags all the time, it makes me happy too to get inspiration from how they match it with their outfits.

Addie from thecathag.blogspot.com
    Me too. I also like to see how other girls use their bags together with their own outfits. It's fun how regardless of age, we are so attached with pretty things like bags.

I think that having a Chanel bag or other brands has nothing to do with age but with the resources you have to buy one.

Cozy Rookie Array

There really isn't any age or income group to 'qualify'. As long as you can afford it without having to eat grass and drink air everyday, I think it's a good investment if you're looking for an evening bag that is quite evergreen. I know some friends who just use daddy's or mommy's money to buy bags and stuff. it's fun but paying for it yourself probably makes it more precious.

There are way too many copies of the Chanel around though!

Cozy Rookie Array orangeyjellybeany's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ishotthesheriff View Post
    There really isn't any age or income group to 'qualify'. As long as you can afford it without having to eat grass and drink air everyday, I think it's a good investment if you're looking for an evening bag that is quite evergreen. I know some friends who just use daddy's or mommy's money to buy bags and stuff. it's fun but paying for it yourself probably makes it more precious.

There are way too many copies of the Chanel around though!
    I liked what you just shared ishotthesheriff! I totally agree!

Cozy Rookie Array i_am_prettyroan's Avatar

Well I think there is no specific age when you will be qualified in buying Chanel or any other branded bags. As long as you have the money to buy one, its a good gift for yourself. But a friend shared to me that those women ages 30 and above should carry these branded bags since their social life is much higher than our ages. Maybe the reason is in this age branded bags is not so high to your monthly salary. And sometimes husbands are buying for their woman as one way of showing her importance on a luxury side.

I agree that there's no age limit to have a pretty bag as Chanel. If your working and your salary can afford to buy then good for you but if your still in your teen years you can ask your parents if they can afford it. It really depends more on being able to purchase the product and not on the age.

Cozy Rookie Array

at the age of 30 and earning $5k per month

Cozy Rookie Array

35+ and 10K

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345