email signup
Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 3 of 985 FirstFirst 123451323 ... LastLast

Thanks for all the info gals Its good to know the facts in case I want to get someone to get it for me next time

Cozy Star Array

Ah, it's my pleasure... Hope I didn't confuse you really...

Nope Thanks

Cozy Star Array

Vuitton: Jacobs Goes for the Gold

By Godfrey Deeny
    October 12, 2003 - Paris

All that glitters is definitely gold at Louis Vuitton this season, from the golden ostrich coat that finished its catwalk show Sunday to the trim on its new bag, sported on the front-row even before it appeared on the catwalk.

Vuittonís creative director Marc Jacobs showed the bag, done in canvas with gold leather trim, in clutch, weekend, pill box, half moon and sausage shape. Delphine Arnault, whose daddy Bernard owns LVMH, the luxury mammoth that controls a half-century of brands, among them Vuitton, showed up bearing the aforementioned gold sack Sunday at the labelís spring/summer 2004 show.

Yet Delphine was not to sport the new bauble. That honor went to Virginie Mouzat, fashion critic of Le Figaro, who had already sported the sack the day before at a Givenchy show.

"I had a bag for every look. Every girl had a bag, and we have a great new one this season, which we showed in all sorts of ways. So, you canít complain. Okay?" Jacobs stated emphatically to Arnault and family backstage, as a squadron of camera crews swarmed around.

Told by Arnault that they would meet on Monday, Jacobs responded, "Iím not working Monday. Iíve been working for three days and I had an operation on my neck Tuesday," before politely agreeing to a 5pm get-together.

Staged as ever in the modernist glasshouse in Parc Andre Citroen, the show got off to a great start when a giant black curtains fell from the ceiling plunging the space into darkness, illuminated only by searchlights projecting the LV logo.

Backed by a sturm und drang cinema soundtrack and a great remix of "Milkshake" by Kelis, courtesy of sound architect Frederic Sanchez, the show opened with silk model Riane in a silk top and crepe de chine sarong and fan-shaped bag with gold chain. A post-show inspection revealed that the chain was a series of minuscule Vuitton locks.

As retainers and fans imbibed champagne, stylists and fashion directors made off to shoots with specially prepared packages containing the new bags.

The actual clothes themselves were very fine indeed. A mix of studded cashmere cardigans, linen trenches with horizontal panels, and embroidered suede jackets with sequined bars, they were a fine blend of the commercial and the ironic. The cut was figure hugging, though the clever draping made the silhouette look
    relaxed.

But, in the end, all eyes were on the bags. Unlikely anyone there would forget, but the worldís most consistently profitable luxury brand is essentially a bag maker. The fashion collection itself only sells in a select few of Vuittonís stores.

Can anyone kindly advise how much does this bag costs in our local LV boutique? (See pic in given URL)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Hmm, or else which design is suitable for a working executive in mid-20s? Any good recommendations?

TIA!!

Cozy Star Array

hi DiorSnow,

there are a couple of sizes to this. it's called Speedy i think. i bought mine for around $500+ in frankfurt. i would think the price in singapore would be around that range. maybe $600?

Cozy Star Array

Hi DiorSnow,

Yup, that's Speedy in the picture and I think Veron has one. Not sure if she got it locally though.

Veron? :shout:

Thank you dearies for your fast replies! :-)

Can recommend one LV design that ''never goes out of style" ??? Is monogram OK for all-purpose usage? I liked the murakami design but its more elegant, im afraid it might not be suitable for everyday use...

Is speedy 25 and 30 different? What are the price for both? And which one is nicer?

please advise~~TIA!
    Last edited by DiorSnow79; 18-11-2003 at 09:02 PM.

Btw is monogram series nice? it seems rather common these days... and alot of replicated stuffs out there. Wheras murakumi not so common..... Thats why i need your recommendations before buying.

Appreciate your comments.
    Last edited by DiorSnow79; 18-11-2003 at 09:12 PM.

Cozy Star Array

i love LV LE.

you're right to say that monogrammed bags are common, with the fakes everywhere. but i had a chat with one of the SAs at LV ngee ann city. apparently, it's quite easy to sniff out the fakes.

i prefer the smaller speedy. however as this one doesn't have a very sturdy base, if you put too many things in this bag, you'll find that it won't hold its shape very well.

i like many bags from LV. while i do like the epi leather range more (esp the new ones), i find myself buying the monogram over and over again.

especially like:

for luggage:
    1. cruiser bag
    2. alize 24 heures (lemming this big time)

for everyday carry:
    3. deauville - this might be what you are looking for. J Lo is carrying this in one of the ads. you can dump quite a lot of things in this. it holds its shape much better than the speedy. it's actually a vanity case but it works well as a carry out bag too.

4. papillon with accompanying pochette

5. abbesses (big time lemming again) - i like this as it looks casual. you can definitely carry lots of stuff out. i like my bags big and functional.

6. musette tango - this is more sophisticated than the abbesses. but you can't put much in this. i'm just about to give this up. it's good as a dinner bag. comes with a short sling if you're not into clutches.

7. alma - lots of ladies seem to like this as well. but if you prefer your bag to hold more things, go for the deauville

8. musette salsa - i wanted to get this until i came across the abbesses which can hold more stuff. you get the drift.

check out http://www.vuitton.com for pics.

for a working exec in her mid 20s, it depends on what kind of bag you're looking for. LV has a wide range which caters to lots of needs. in fact, sometimes, you find yourself wanting more than one.

ask yourself if you need:
    1. a bag for work or play
    2. sling or hand carry
    3. one which is functional that can hold lots versus one to carry everyday items. LV has some bags which are so small you can at best slot in your mobile phone, credit card, petty cash and EZ link card. forget your whole makeup bag and a bottle of water.
    4. after which, you can consider if you want it in epi leather, monogram, damier... etc. i personally like the monogram satin but it's hard to care for.

Cozy Rookie Array

Originally posted by michannat
    hi DiorSnow,

there are a couple of sizes to this. it's called Speedy i think. i bought mine for around $500+ in frankfurt. i would think the price in singapore would be around that range. maybe $600?
    Hiyee Dior,

My friend bought all their LVs in Frankfurt due to the favorable exchange rates, but now that the euro has appreciated, it's no longer less expensive in Europe region.

For Speedy, I think it costs more than $600 now. All prices have just been increased afew weeks backs.

Did you all watch some channel 8 serial dramas recently, seems like the celebs are carrying lots of LVs; you will have noticed Fann Wong (in the latest don't-know-what tv show) and Zoe Tay in the previous baby drama carrying the same bag.

I think it's nice! My friend bought this $700+ a year back, and I last heard it's now $800+. So I guess the price's increased.

Like that Mich says, perhaps you will assess your needs before paying so much for it.

Truly, non-authentic monogram are so common nowadays. Personally, same as Mich, I love bags from the epi range and I adore the multicolore. But they're out of stock in SG.

Good luck in your search!

Cozy Star Array

Originally posted by michannat
    i love LV LE.
    Ditto. That's why given a choice, I go for LE anytime as compared to Monogram. I don't own a single except mini monogram. I like Epi and my fave is my Yoga Bag so far.

Thought this is pretty unique.

Anyone eyeing the new Op Art Collection?

Thinking of getting this:

Originally posted by Queenie

Anyone eyeing the new Op Art Collection?

Thinking of getting this:
    Me me!!! I'm like, waiting forever for the Op Art collection to reach our shore. And I've already put down my name on the waiting list for the Longuy, which is the one shown above.

Cozy Star Array

Originally posted by kare2711
    Me me!!! I'm like, waiting forever for the Op Art collection to reach our shore. And I've already put down my name on the waiting list for the Longuy, which is the one shown above.
    You did, Karen? Good on you! You have any idea how much it costs?

Originally posted by Queenie
    You did, Karen? Good on you! You have any idea how much it costs?
    No idea I just hope it won't go into the thousands

Page 3 of 985 FirstFirst 123451323 ... LastLast