Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 2 of 986 FirstFirst 12341222 ... LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

Teiko ---

isn't that scary!!! :puke: blood man.

that's exactly the price (SGD$150+) that I know when i was in Aust in 1997.

It's now 385 ... More and more expensive... And people wouldnt know you buy at $385 or $150.. what a difference!

Originally posted by teiko
    One of my colleague got the small pochette that is very common around 3-4 years back when they had just open and even then she had to wait for 3 months cos the bag was totally sold out! Her friend got one earlier at SGD 150 and when she got hers 3 months later, the price increased to SGD 180 Now the selling price is around SGD 385??
    I know which one you are talking about. That's all thanks to an ex-TCS actress who was carrying it in one of the soaps on TV. :roll:

Dimples, do you know if it is cheaper in Europe?? Heard my friends say that it is cheaper to get in either Frankfurt or Paris after the tourist rebate.

But even then, tourists are also given quota that they cant exceed, like you cant buy more than 5 wallets, 5 handbags etc. Can anyone confirm with me??

Originally posted by pinkvenom
    Teiko ---

isn't that scary!!! :puke: blood man.

that's exactly the price (SGD$150+) that I know when i was in Aust in 1997.

It's now 385 ... More and more expensive... And people wouldnt know you buy at $385 or $150.. what a difference!
    My colleague once asked them and the reply LV gave for the fluctuation was 1. The conversion rates differ and fluctuates(meaning that SGD keeps falling?? :roll: ) and 2. The leather for the bags differ in quality, sometimes when they have lower quality leather then the prices will dip and vice versa.

Both explanation I find rather hard to believe given that LV's outer materials is coated with a thick layer of Poly Vinly Chloride (PVC) in other words, Plastics.

Dimples, do you know if it is cheaper in Europe?? Heard my friends say that it is cheaper to get in either Frankfurt or Paris after the tourist rebate.

But even then, tourists are also given quota that they cant exceed, like you cant buy more than 5 wallets, 5 handbags etc. Can anyone confirm with me??
    Chev, it's not much cheaper in Europe now. Cheapest would be from its mother country - France but exchange rates make it very unfavourable. You will probably save less than $100 on a mid-range item. Even after tax refund.

I don't know about the other European countries but in Paris, you are limited to 2 items per person.
    Last edited by kare2711; 16-10-2003 at 05:02 PM.

Originally posted by kare2711
    Chev, it's not much cheaper in Europe now. Cheapest would be its mother country - France but exchange rates make it very unfavourable. You will probably save less than $100 on a mid-range item. Even after tax refund.

I don't know about the other European countries but in Paris, you are limited to 2 items per person.
    My goodness!! Then better buy fast! So many things to buy so little money

Karen, the AH be-a-bag will only be here till end of Jan, so are you still getting it??? I now lemming for that since it is going to be LE soon

Chev, it is cheaper to buy from Paris if you factor in the tax rebates. Then again, Euro is so high now so savings may not be very attractive for smaller items.

As far as I know, there's no strict quota given to tourists. It usually depends on the SA and they tend to be more "careful" with tourists from certain countries.

Originally posted by Dimples
    As far as I know, there's no strict quota given to tourists. It usually depends on the SA and they tend to be more "careful" with tourists from certain countries.
    Which countries :huh:

Which countries :huh:
    Like China :piss:

When I was in Paris last December, almost every day I got asked by Chinese women if I could help them buy LV bags. :roll:
    Last edited by kare2711; 16-10-2003 at 04:54 PM.

BINGO You said it, Karen.

Originally posted by kare2711
    Like China :piss:

When I was in Paris last December, almost every day I got asked by Chinese women if I could help them buy LV bags. :roll:
    REALLY!! Must be really high resale value then :huh:

Cozy Star Array

as mentioned, the savings are not as significant with the high Euro rate. sometimes the queue is maddening in paris. first you got to queue to see the bags. then you got to queue to pay. there isn't so much of a quota imposed. the last time i asked a SA, she said it varies. like dimples has mentioned, they are more wary of certain tourist groups. and sometimes, the SA can get rather snooty. ask for a catalouge and they do not have it. when you do go to paris, do find out in advance the model of the bag. sometimes, they are just too "busy" to entertain browsers. so, it'll be good if you know what you want, grab it and then pay for it.

Cozy Star Array

Tei-ko, not Dimples here. I would say not very cheap but slightly cheaper, say around $100 or $200 depending on the item. Take for eg. a monogram 6 cards wallet is sold at around S$490. Hubby paid Euro 250 before tax. Still great isn't it? The tax rebate is 17% in Paris and 17.5% in Italy. Though tax rebate in Italy is 0.5% higher, I believe LV is still relatively cheaper in Paris.

When I was in Paris last month, I was quite wary about the quota thingy - 2 per person. But nothing of such happened. The queue was horrendous though. We queued about 45 mins to be served and perhaps another 15 mins to pay. Luckily we were offered seats and drinks.

Wow, I didnt know the procedure was so complicated

Cozy Star Array

No no Tei-ko, hope I am not confusing you. Not complicated at all!! Just need to be careful of those chinese tourists in case they approach you.

Page 2 of 986 FirstFirst 12341222 ... LastLast