Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Cozy Star Array

hi la diva, i like connoisseur cleaners but i am very sceptical too about the filling in claims. only two ways i can see the scratches being filled in:
    1. the "holes" being filled in, in which case it won't be with gold or platinum and would definitely affect the colour of my jewelry
    2. the jewelery being worn down such that the scratches are not that visible,

both of which are not ideal!

Cozy Rookie Array

oh, u are so free..thanks for you interest in my posts..

I dont think any of my posts are crime or illegal.. if yes, pls report it, if not PLEASE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!

Oh ya..aunty, for your info this is new formula in a new bottle, what you have been using for 5 years are already passe.. get a new one please, just say you are aunty from cozycot maybe you can get cheaper..

cleaners not meant for jewellery will harm your jewellery. Ask jewelers? they are sales person, how much they know? How about asking gemologist??

Cozy Star Array

if you really have no stake in this business, why get so defensive about the comments we make about the product? i'm not saying it is not a good product, but the claims of it being able to fill in scratches seem a bit far fetched, new formula or not.

in any case, trying to advertise the product by posing as a customer the way you did is plain not honest and against the forum rules on advertising.

by the way, i get my jewelry cleaners free from tiffany's but thanks anyway for your offers of a discount. =)

take a chill pill. no need to get so worked up if you were truly misunderstood.
    Last edited by charmelise; 30-10-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by charmelise View Post
    if you really have no stake in this business, why get so defensive about the comments we make about the product? i'm not saying it is not a good product, but the claims of it being able to fill in scratches seem a bit far fetched, new formula or not.
    Im fine, no hard feeling..

If what im saying about the scratches is not true, then Connoisseurs lie????? How about u ask direct to Connoisseurs USA , since you have been to their website, there should have email contact. If im lying, im sorry.. if its true, you say it..

Cozy Star Array

bizbuz, read my post carefully. i've never said that you were lying about the claims of the cleaner being able to fill in scratches. i only said that in my own experience, i've never observed this "phenomenon" and also, i am really sceptical about a cleaner being able to do that.

good for you that you are trusting enough to take what advertisers say as the gospel truth. =)
    Last edited by charmelise; 30-10-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Actually it can be googled

-never wet your jewelry, keep them in places that is not humid in terms of weather.
    -never leave it out in the open when not in use.
    -use a dry cloth to clean them at least once a month.
    -DO NOT use force on them! some jewelry are very fragile in terms of strength.
    -DO NOT expose your jewelry to soap, perfumes or any other chemicals.

Cozy Rookie Array

I asked one of the ladies working at a jewellery store on how I can clean my diamond ring and she said she uses shaving cream...just wash ur hand (with your ring on) with shaving cream and rinse off. Works pretty alright for me. I find my diamond gets its shine back after the wash.

even sterling 925 silver will tarnish
    when exposed to contact with
    soap, perfumes, hairsprays and dyes

so do keep accessories away from
    the above-mentioned substances

and for sterling 925 silver jewellery, you can polish them with a silver polish cloth (available at diva)

for gold, soak them in dish-washing detergent solution and brush lightly with a toothbrush (as quoted by my jeweller)

Cozy Rookie Array

If you're on good terms with your regular jeweller,they might be able to clean your jewellery for free. I do that.I bought 2 pieces of jewellery from Soo Kee and the regular SA that I liase with helps me to clean all my jewellery (not the silver ones) even if they were not bought from Soo Kee.

As for silver cleaning,I use perlinis silver cleaning solution and the polishing cloth comes free.So far,it has worked very well and my silver jewellery comes out sparkling new.

Cozy Rookie Array

I feel like buying the sonic cleanser from OSIM, do you gals think that's good?

Can clean glasses too..

Cozy Rookie Array

Here is some basic information on caring for your jewelry.The most important thing you should do is to clean your jewelry.You can use Antibacterial soap and Water to thoroughly clean the jewelry. Do not use any kind of chemical to clean the jewelry or components due to the possibility of discoloration. Jewelry can be affected by ingested chemicals such as alcohol, mouthwash, cigarettes smoke, chlorine, soups, foods and/or drinks.

Cozy Rookie Array

if it is diamond, silver or gold, u can soak them in soap water for a while and rinse them and dry them.

that's what my mum does with her jewelry and they do sparkle brightly after that. haha..

Cozy Celeb Array TheRainbowYiling's Avatar

Use ah ma powder..
    Even Tiffany n co in DFS, i saw the SA recommending customer that..

Cozy Rookie Array

what's ah ma powder??

How about gold-plated costume jewellery? I know the gold plate will eventually wear away, but what can we do to prolong the shiny appearance? Won't brushing it wear it out even faster?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast