email signup
Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest

Default Ruby proposal ring

there's a lot of discussions on rings and when it comes to a proposal/engagement ring, diamonds seems to be the obvious choice. However, I do find the typical solitaire diamond a little too common, despite its high value and am looking at an alternative, such as rubies...

does anyone know of any reputable jeweller that sells ruby rings similar to the one in the pic? thanks!

Cozy Celeb Array

what's yr budget? how abt tiffany's? they have something like yr 2nd picture.

agree with sparkles, they have some diamond mixed with rubies in their Celebration rings...go check it out!

i only saw something similar to the first picture but without the diamonds at Lee Hwa. just a love-shaped ruby. however, the colour of the ruby was not as nice...

Joelle,
    You are right, most of the girls have diamonds as their wedding or proposal rings... u give a good recommendation, something diff... Rudy is hard to find, i believe check out with slightly high-end jewellery shops, like Larry something, diamond industry, or etc, to check out the rudy as it can custom-made the frame rather then buy from off the counter... Lee Hwa, Soo Kee, Goldheart, please don't waste the $

Cozy Star Array

having a ruby e-ring is a great idea! although...

i think the stone in the first picture looks more like an amethyst (purplish stone) rather than a ruby.

and the second pic looks more like a wedding band rather than an engagement ring. i'm not sure if you are the proposer or the proposee ( ) but if you are the guy who is proposing, maybe you can do some subtle research just to make sure your gf likes a ruby ring and what ring style she likes. if she is rather fuss free or works a lot with her hands, she might find the second style more practical then a traditional solitaire design.

one other thing to note though, good quality rubies are hard to come by, one of the most expensive being what is known as "pigeon blood" rubies due to their intense red colour. they can sometimes cost more than diamonds on a per carat basis. they may also be more fragile than diamonds so that may be something to consider as engagement rings are usually worn on a daily basis.

anyway if you decide to go ahead, i would suggest looking on websites or mags for a picture of the design you want, then bring it to a reputable jeweler to source for the ruby and custom make it for you.

just my 2 cts ***.

Cozy Rookie Array

I went to Myanmar before where rubies are sold on the streets. And was so surprised of their price, its almost equal to diamond . Anyway think those made to order jewellery shops should be able to source for rubies. Will also just like to state that for rubies, is very easy to find "fake" ones (coz lack of certification), where the colour of the ruby is enhanced with chemicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahappycherry View Post
    I went to Myanmar before where rubies are sold on the streets. And was so surprised of their price, its almost equal to diamond . Anyway think those made to order jewellery shops should be able to source for rubies. Will also just like to state that for rubies, is very easy to find "fake" ones (coz lack of certification), where the colour of the ruby is enhanced with chemicals.
    I've actually bought some fake ones from a website many years ago. The colors are so uniform. Surprisingly, i have seen some fakes that are beautifully flawed as well..... quite amazing huh! The price of some pigeon blood rubies can exceed diamonds based per carat price.

AHappyCherry

Hey wondering if you did see any semi-precious hand-cut briolettes for sale when you were in Myanmar? Those for beading... but AA grade??

Cozy Rookie Array

Haha...I novice ah. i only saw rubies for the first time in my life in Myanmar.
    What is Briolettes?
    Seriously I only saw jade, rubies, and yellow cyrstal. See want to buy but no $

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bliss View Post
    AHappyCherry

Hey wondering if you did see any semi-precious hand-cut briolettes for sale when you were in Myanmar? Those for beading... but AA grade??

Cozy Rookie Array

Ruby Cabachon cut with diamonds setting surrond it, it is so timeless & retro.

Hi Brownies

If you cannot find.. may i can help you.. a friend of mine family business is expertise in gemstones.. if u need help u can pm me.. not as expensive as lee hwa..

the website is in progress.. i will blog with cozycots..

Kitara: looking forward to your updates.

Cozy Rookie Array

Default reviving thread

Hi hi,

im wondering if anyone knows any good reliable store that sells ruby rings?
    thanks!

Cozy Rookie Array

hi,

any updates on which reputable jeweller in singapore that has quality ruby rings?