Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

hi Sssss, check out baileysvodka.multiply.com...

we do convert certain earrings to clip ons. except the heavier ones of course...

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by xueni84
    I bought 3 pairs of earrings, 1 stud and 2 dangling ones... All for $9.50 at Bugis Village 2nd level...
    All are clip-ons???
    Oh my... will go over and take a look...
    thanks

The BV shop lady boss told me she'll be opening a new shop at Novena Square, so I'll update this thread once I know the name of the shop. When I went to her shop last week, she has ran out of the clip-on attachments...

But she guranteed that she'll have new stock once her new shop is opened.

Cozy Celeb Array

I use clips-ons too! in fact, you can diy most earrings into clip-ons in just a couple of minutes. The clip-ons can be found at a large accessories tools shop at the first level of People's park complex. They have at least 2 types and at least 3 different colours for each type, at just about $1.50 for a pair for the one from the artbeads link from page 1.

You can simply take off the hook on a normal dangling earring, and then use the metal to hook your earrings to the clip-on / simply hook the 2 together if there's already a loop to work with. Alternatively, you can be very very small loops with openings (a smaller version of those what we use to hook out necklaces) and use them as the connector between the clip-ons and the earrings....Though it might not be as nice, it sure is a very convenient and fast way to get about it...

Cozy Rookie Array

wow! i never knew..

hey!

i'm don't have ear piercings too and do not wish to get my ears pierced.. *oucH*

this thread helps alot! now i know where to get these clip ons... would like to try!
    knew i was missing out on something good without having my ears pierced.. =D

thanks!

My sister doesn't have pierced ears too so she's always asking me to buy clip-ons specially to make her earrings!

One thing to note though clip-ons wouldn't be very suitable for those with thin ear lobes and is better for very light earrings.. Of course you can twist the clip-ons tighter, but I feel that it's very uncomfortable for the earlobes..

some shops offer changing of normal earrings to clip on a small fee..eg chomel...

Cozy Rookie Array

Default earring

Last edited by dubilee; 30-06-2008 at 10:04 PM.

Cozy Rookie Array princessattitude's Avatar

Daiso has them

Cozy Celeb Array

there are also those magnetic ones.. but they dont work well i feel. mine kept dropping off!

Saw some girls wearing clip-on earrings but have never gotten down to buying them yet. Didn't know there's DIY too. Wonderful invention! :wow: I've pierced my ears since young and I wanted to pierce again as I find the hole too far up. My ears are lobed. Some of the earrings don't look nice because of this. Will checkout Bugis someday.

Cozy Rookie Array

But just a warning, clip-on earrings are pretty painful esp when you put on it for half a day. The pain really sets in when you remove it..... so better be prepared!

Cozy Rookie Array

this was exactly the reason why i pierced my ears after wearing clip ons for a few times!

cannot take the pain...the moment you take out the clip-on, it's like the blood rush into my head. lol.

Cozy Rookie Array

clip-ons and magnet earrings hurt like hell. i wore the magnet ones for about 4 hours or so and my ear felt like there really is a hole there... lol. same goes to clip-ons. what a horror.

yea. i also had clip on earrings.. so painful to wear them for the whole day. my hands keep touching them and ended up keep dropping on the floor. and i see one "hole" created by the magnetic clip ons.. ears got so red thereafter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast