Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Cozy Rookie Array

Default gemesis and apollo

Does anyone know much about where I can find Gemesis and Apollo diamond simulants? Locally or overseas? Cheers!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by gollywollydolly View Post
    Hi i realised that there aren't many reviews for 18 karaats diamond simulants. Has anyone bought from them and if so, what are your opinions vs Gordon Max's handcut diamonds in terms of quality and price? Open to any discussion! Thanks! :D
    my 2 cents... =)

i have a 1.5 carat simulate from Gordon Max and a 0.53 carat real diamond from Lazare. Difference in price is of course astronomical. But everyone tells me the same thing, my GM puts my Lazare to shame. I'm not just talking about the size. The brilliance, color and reflectiveness of GM rocks is really great, and not just under shop lighting. My Lazare looked kinda sad and flawed beside it. =(

IMHO, both real and simulated diamonds look cloudy after a while. It's mostly due to grease and dirt in between the prongs more than anything else. Get a really soft toothbrush (Lion Systema type) and a gentle cleaner (Kirei Kirei works well for me), brush between the prongs lightly, and everything glimmers afterwards, simulated or not. Prob a simulate won't last as long... But we all know even real diamonds holds little value once it's out of the shop (unless it's titanic size rock or Princess Diana wore it before or some crap). And if I lose a simulate I prob wont cry as hard. Hee...

One main difference is the use of gold/silver setting. I chose to set my GM rock in white gold. Silver tarnishes easily which will then make the ring look cheap if you get what I mean.

Hmmm I have my GM goodies (necklace, earrings, ring and bracelet) for 2 years now. They are still looking fantastic. So I'm happy with my purchase. What me n my friends did is that we went to GM to buy the rock, and we all did different settings, a Tiffany Novo, a Lucida and I personally chose a Harry Winston double prong setting (yea crazy ambitious), which luckily turned out beautifully. I did my ring setting in GM itself while my friends took it to jewellers who does great Tiffany-like settings and provides loose stones as well as part of the package.

I think simulates are great alternatives to "THE-RING-WE-CAN'T-AFFORD-ON-OUR-9-TO-5-SALARIES". I love my GM goodies to bits. =) Of course they are still a tad more expensive than most other white rocks (crystals, etc), but they look better too. And my MIL and I compared our rocks (she's got a CZ rock from some shop for less than 100), the difference b/w the GM rock vs her CZ was obvious. Hers looked way less polished and kinda yellow. Maybe she didn't clean it, I dunno. =)

Looks like my 2 cents worth went a bit overboard... it's my virgin post in the forums i think. Anyway hope this helps!

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi jonquil31,

Love ur 2 cents.

I would love to check out ur gf's jeweler. Could u share the contacts here? Ty! Under comparison, which do u think has the better workmanship? GM's jeweler who did ur Harry Winston setting or ur gf jeweler's Tiffany setting?

TIA!

Cozy Rookie Array

hi jonquil31,

i would like to know the answer to the qns above by twinkletwinklelittlestar too.. thanks!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by menvourneen View Post
    walk past diamondlite at Taka today and they have 0.5carat simulated diamond on white gold ring band going for $240 after discount!
    The SA said to preserve the shine, just need to use dishwashing liquid to rinse every wk...
    Wow!!its a must-buy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345