Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

I honestly believe that it basically boils down to the design of the jewellery.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by ryun View Post
    Found this fanpage in fb which has vintage jewellery including vintage jade re-creations.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?...x/208815552125

What do you think? I like Snowy Greens
    I'm new here. Loves Jade and so happy to know other like minded people like me. Used to buy all sorts of junk pieces. Now I'm more caucious.I've bought several pieces from both Peach Blossum and Li hong. Also brought my jade to be made into necklaces and brecelets by some costume jewelry makers. They're cheaper but who cares as long as you like them. Travel to China once a year and look out for nice pieces. they are certified by the government. Anyone knows where i can have them made into nice pieces? I don't mean those real jewellers. Like to know of more sources. Thanks.

Cozy Rookie Array

Hi does anyone know what is the price range of a genuine solid type A or B jade ring from lihong jade?

Cozy Rookie Array

type A jade is generally pure, untreated jade. just polished n carved into wadever design. burmese jade is the only jade type that can b classified as precious stone. jade from other parts of the world dun. i have a few to share too.
    Attached Images   
    Last edited by precioustone; 21-06-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Cozy Rookie Array

they say jade changes with the body temperature. is it true?

Default Oops...hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by yunzie View Post
    Hi does anyone know what is the price range of a genuine solid type A or B jade ring from lihong jade?
    Hi Yunzie, hmmm...i think it really depends on the kind of ring. Abacus seed rings have a range of a couple of hundreds to about 2 thousand. I think it really depends on the kind of ring you like.

I just saw a flower green, semi-translucent ring there. WOW...gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous..but it is about $3K. i guess it's what you call true value and worth cos we ca be assured that it's really Type A.. but there are also some that just cost $200+ and i thought those look nice.

i think you should just go down and take a look. after these 2 years of admiring, not really buying cos got no $$, I realise that you have to go down to the retail place to look at the real piece...looking at it online isn't very accurate. can be photoshopped ma!

hope this isn't too late.

If u are intending to buy a jadeite bangle , it's good to do abit of research and buy jadeite A only . Natural jade is harmonious with our qi , i heard my mom in law says and looks better because oils secreted by our skin nourishes the jade etc ...try to buy them small to be worn on left hand ( if right hand is your dominant hand ) so u will not be clanging them against the table when u are eating or writing...

Grade A jade doesnt neccessarily mean that it has to be top notch imperial jade, it simply means that the jadeite has not gone through any kind of treament such as bleaching / colour enhancement etc ...

Here is a Jade bangle that was a gift to me. It is grade A jadeite 翡翠 as tested by Nanyang gemological at shaw centre ..... It's the green in snow variety ... 白底青. Usually jade of this variety will have a whitish base colour with vivid patches of green .

Jadeite is getting more expensive , the brighter and more vivid the green , and if it is highly translucent too can easily cost tens of thousands of dollars...
    Last edited by piccolina; 30-07-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by piccolina View Post
    If u are intending to buy a jadeite bangle , it's good to do abit of research and buy jadeite A only . Natural jade is harmonious with our qi , i heard my mom in law says and looks better because oils secreted by our skin nourishes the jade etc ...try to buy them small to be worn on left hand ( if right hand is your dominant hand ) so u will not be clanging them against the table when u are eating or writing...

Grade A jade doesnt neccessarily mean that it has to be top notch imperial jade, it simply means that the jadeite has not gone through any kind of treament such as bleaching / colour enhancement etc ...

Here is a Jade bangle that was a gift to me. It is grade A jadeite 翡翠 as tested by Nanyang gemological at shaw centre ..... It's the green in snow variety ... 白底青. Usually jade of this variety will have a whitish base colour with vivid patches of green .

Jadeite is getting more expensive , the brighter and more vivid the green , and if it is highly translucent too can easily cost tens of thousands of dollars...
    WOW...!! this is GORGEOUS..!! I'm sure it cost a BOMB...!! The person who gave it to you must love you to bits!!! wow...*envious*

Cozy Rookie Array

For gemstones i personally prefer gemvara ... they also have their own designers!!

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Beware of buying online no matter how trustworthy they sound!!!

Hi everyone,

i had bought a jade bangle from ying yu jade and i recently went to get the bangle certified by a gems lab, as the price i bought it for was quite expensive. i thought the website and seller sounded trustworthy and thought it was fine to buy such an expensive piece from an online business.

and guess what. it is a fake. i have contacted the seller on it, and she has refused to refund me the price i paid (i would be happy to send the worthless bangle to her for free, i just want my money back).

beware. this woman is a cheat.
    do not buy from ying yu jade.

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Anyone has the VIP for peach blossom gallery??

Hello, just wanted to ask if anyone has the VIP for discount at the Peach Blossom Gallery??
    I wanted to buy a pendant from there and I can't get a 20% discount without the VIP membership.
    Anyone willing to help? hehehe Thanks!!

Default I am trying to chalk up to get my membership in April

Quote Originally Posted by LenaLena View Post
    Hello, just wanted to ask if anyone has the VIP for discount at the Peach Blossom Gallery??
    I wanted to buy a pendant from there and I can't get a 20% discount without the VIP membership.
    Anyone willing to help? hehehe Thanks!!
    Hi please reply to me if you are interested to meet this week at Peach Blossom, I have some pieces from Liang Court I am interested in. We can combine purchase and get nearer to my VIP target.

Cozy Rookie Array

Check out Jade and Belle !!
    Farlang also has some wonderful collections!

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Jade Jewellery

If you know jade well and know what is and what is not good you are ok. Quality does cost. Cheap jewelery is just that.

Cozy Rookie Array

I got my jade bangle (light green with lavender patches) from Peach Blossom last week. Cost me $3.6k after discount. Of all the bangles displayed, i immediately fall in love with this one. It was actually reserved by another customer, since the sales person couldnt manage to reach her it was sold to me. Guess, the jade chooses the owner! And it fits my wrist perfectly as well! Since it costs more than $2k, my bangle was sent to NGI for certification.

I was worried that i may be buying fake jade there. But Mrs Goh Chok Tong also patronizes them. So it was one of the deciding factor for me to buy it from them.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast