Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Supplements - for Memory

Dear All:

I'm looking for a health supplement that can help to boost memory level. Will appreciate any recommendations! TIA!

Default Re: Supplements - for Memory

walnuts

Cozy Star Array

The most common brain supplement has to be Gingko!

GNC has one called Memorex, which contains gingko and is supposed to be able to boost your mem by up to 7%. Memorex is supposed to be a superior product compared to just taking gingko supps alone.

Cozy Star Array

defnitely Gingko. Jadeite's recommendation sounds good too.

Tuna Oil from Kordels.. contains DHA and helps to improve memory and concentration.. recommended by a fren of mine

Cozy Celeb Array

hee where to get gingko? must ask my mom go buy me some..

Cozy Rookie Array

BioGinkgo by Pharmenex. It stimulates memory and concentration, also promotes circulation to the brain, arms and legs.

Cozy Celeb Array

Ginkgo biloba is known to help with our memory, however, please be careful while taking this supplement.

Here are some tips i got from various places. Note, i'm not a doctor whatsoever! all this is such info i found from reading...

GBE supplements should contain at least 24% flavone glycosides (to maximize the herb's antioxidant and anticlotting potential) and 6% terpene lactones (for improved blood flow and nerve protection).

Recommended dosage as a brain booster is 40 mg of GBE three times a day, or 60 mg twice a day.

Cautions
    - ginkgo reduces the rate at which blood clots, people who are on anticoagulants or who suffer from clotting disorders should consult a doctor before taking this herb.

- Ginkgo intensifies the blood-thinning effect of long-term aspirin use and may lead to excessive bleeding.

- Ginkgo biloba increases the risk of potentially serious stomach bleeding when taken with ibuprofen. Do not take together.

hth

ps i don't take this supplement =)

Cozy Celeb Array

eat omega oil supplement.

I have been taking Marine Oil supplement (same as omega oil), it helps a lot. I can focus more (I am easily distracted due to my busybody nature) and my brain don't get burnt out that often.

I remembered my mom used to force me to eat fish... and she would keep emphasizing fish are "brain food" lolx

qiu
    Cozy Celeb Array

I take Effalex pills. They are available in Guardian Pharmacies and clinics.

Cozy Celeb Array

DHA supplements which contains DHA & EPA.

while women might be better off taking their OMEGA 3s which has DHA 120mg & EPA 180mg, children are better off taking DHAs one i have is the NOW brand from naturefarm DHA 250mg & EPA 100mg.

Reportedly DHA is the fat in the brain & is found also in the eye & human breast milk - i believe it could be the the thick clear liquid called the 1st flow which is good for babies or it's just present in the breast milk.

So its also good for eyes, blood circulation, & cholestrol.

Supplemental DHA may lower triglyceride levels and in some, may elevate HDL-cholesterol levels. DHA is vital for normal brain development for the fetus and infant and for the maintenance of normal brain function throughout life. Supplemental DHA may have anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating activities.
    ( from http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/n...doc_0093.shtml)

DHA has more of this which is better for children or perhaps if i can suggest - people who want brain performance to be at its peak often.

while increased intake of EPA has been shown to be beneficial in coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, and inflammatory disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis. (from http://www.healthandage.com/html/res...AcidEPAcs.html)

OMEGA has more of this which is better for adults

So take your Omega 3s or DHAs you can but check with your dietitians, i believe replace your Bilberry (since DHA helps with eye), Gingko B (since some people wants increased blood circulation which is what Gingko does - thus helps feed the brain better - perhaps a Gingko & DHA together might be more effective), lecithin (helps emulsify fats - EPA does this).

Cozy Rookie Array

http://www.bodylanguage-sg.com/BFI_Booster.htm

any 1 heard of this?! help~ is it good? i got bugged to buy this!
    please provide me with any info u all have abt them.. if nt good i wanna stop their delivery! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vit_c View Post
    DHA supplements which contains DHA & EPA.

while women might be better off taking their OMEGA 3s which has DHA 120mg & EPA 180mg, children are better off taking DHAs one i have is the NOW brand from naturefarm DHA 250mg & EPA 100mg.

Reportedly DHA is the fat in the brain & is found also in the eye & human breast milk - i believe it could be the the thick clear liquid called the 1st flow which is good for babies or it's just present in the breast milk.

So its also good for eyes, blood circulation, & cholestrol.

Supplemental DHA may lower triglyceride levels and in some, may elevate HDL-cholesterol levels. DHA is vital for normal brain development for the fetus and infant and for the maintenance of normal brain function throughout life. Supplemental DHA may have anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating activities.
    ( from http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/n...doc_0093.shtml)

DHA has more of this which is better for children or perhaps if i can suggest - people who want brain performance to be at its peak often.

while increased intake of EPA has been shown to be beneficial in coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, and inflammatory disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis. (from http://www.healthandage.com/html/res...AcidEPAcs.html)

OMEGA has more of this which is better for adults

So take your Omega 3s or DHAs you can but check with your dietitians, i believe replace your Bilberry (since DHA helps with eye), Gingko B (since some people wants increased blood circulation which is what Gingko does - thus helps feed the brain better - perhaps a Gingko & DHA together might be more effective), lecithin (helps emulsify fats - EPA does this).
    She is right!
    DHA good for eyesight too! Fish and some other seafood's good. Tt's why Japanese seldom wear specs. It's in their diet!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast