Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 252 of 444 FirstFirst ... 232242250251252253254262272 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 6651

hi, anyone want to go for botox in spore together? the costs will be cheaper if there are 2 people. i am finding some1 to go with me, PM me please.

and can someone let me know the swelling duration for chin implant? thanks!
    Last edited by dodo; 05-08-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by dodo View Post
    and can someone let me know the swelling duration for chin implant? thanks!
    Dodo - the swelling is minimal for chin implant. My chronic swelling only lasted maybe two weeks, but it was unnoticeable. The bruising on the other hand was kinda bad. I had bruises on my whole neck and right under the chin. They disappeared completely in 3 weeks. Hope this helps!

Cozy Rookie Array

1st post. testing..

Cozy Rookie Array

Can anyone please kindly tell me how to contact Dr Song? He desn't have an English website.
    Last edited by lovelyb; 07-08-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Cozy Rookie Array

Here we go

Hi Everyone

Being a quiet reading of this great thread for a few weeks, I finally want to share my experience so far.

From my very young age, I know I have a big face. It is square shaped due to a big mandible.

Aftering reading this thread, I sent an email to Dr Park of OZ with my pictures.
    He replied promptly(he always does) with the following recommendations:
    1. Mandible reduction
    2. Zygoma reduction
    3. Chin Implant.

With the mandible reduction,I orginally thought he would do muscle removel as well. However, in the following email exchanges, he confirms masseter muscle reduction operation is obsolete and he won't do this for me. Instead he highly suggests that botox injection would be less risk and make my recovery faster and easier. As far as I know botox is temporary and I really want something permently done to greatly reduce the width of the lower part of my face. I sent my queries to him and he replied the next day, saying that it is very unlikily I need a second botox rejection if I have mandible bone reduction. Now after thinking about this for a few days, I incline to agree with him. BTW he does do saggital splitting as well. Dear Friends, what do you think? cost is 5.5million krw for manidble bone reduction and sgittal splitting.

As to the zygoma reduction, he suggests to have buccal fat removal as well. He even points out that buccal fat is removed from the same intraoral incision as the zygoma reduction. the reason behind buccal fat removal is that after zygoma reduction, my face will look flatter. In order to restore the 3d look, buccal removal is necessary. There will be no metal screws nor wires used in his operation. total cost (with buccal fat remove) is 4.9 million krw

Last he recommends chin augmentation. I know there are two ways of doing it: implant or sliding genioplasty. He perfers goretex implant as sliding genioplasty is a big operation (compared to implant) hence more risk and complication. the cost is 2.2 million krw. Friends, again I need your opinion on this.

All in all it is very smooth and prompt communication with Dr. Park. he seems to be prudent. If there are two ways he would choose the less risky one. This is understandable.

I am still in the process of talking to other doctors. I will update you once I get any news.

Cheers and All the best
    B

Cozy Rookie Array

hi everyone, I;ve been lurking around this site since a long time ago....
    I'm planning to take the plunge in November, still haven't 100% made my mind yet. But given my age, my little 2 kids, my schedule, and my hubby's schedule, if I don't make it this Nov, then I'll have to wait a few years later.

I had buccal fat removal in Costa Rica, it didn't help me at all as far as making me look slimmer. Granted, I went to a surgeon who might have done this for his first time (it was in Costa Rica after all, not many Caucasian/Latin American women do this). So maybe I still have some fat left there? But on the other hand, I am happy too, because I don't want to look gaunt as I grow older. Having buccal fat removal for some folks contribute to the gaunt look later in life

I had mandible reduction in 2005. Back then, there was hardly any English information on the procedure in Korea. Plus, I didn't want to be among the first ones to get this procedure (didn't want to be a guinea pig). So I went to the most famous surgeon in Thailand for this type of thing. He eliminated my mandible angles and also took out some of my masseter muscles. However, I am still not satisfied because he didn't do the longcut (all the way to my chin), leaving the front appearance practically unchanged. Besides, I don't feel any difference as to my masseter muscles....they are still huge. I grind my teeth (so many dentists have told me this fact), so that contributes to my huge masseter muscles. I can't do Botox because I am still breast-feeding and Botox isn't recommended for breast-feeding moms. I had Botox to my glabellar lines and it hurt....wow, it's such a small area and it hurt. I can't really imagine how much pain it'll inflict once I have Botox in jaw area....anyway...

Dr Park also recommends me to have chin implant. I can't tell if I'm better off having chin reduction or chin implant to achieve the oval look?

BTW, ever since my mandible angle cut procedure, I lost some feelings along my gums (right where he made the incisions). I lost maybe around 10% feelings. 95% of the time, it doesn't bother me. It's akin to having residual effect of anesthetic shot your dentist give you to numb your gum. I am a little afraid that I'll lose more feelings along the gums near my chin if I let them operate on it.

I am also highly tolerant to anesthetic. Once, I had a breast augmentation in Costa Rica, and I woke up during the surgery....I couldn't speak/move but I could feel them stuff the implants on one of my breasts. I could hear them playing music in the background and them speaking Spanish. I prayed so Jesus put me back to sleep...which I did, around 10 secs later. It was burning pain....bad experience. My surgeon said it was because I had higher tolerance level to anesthesia (meaning I need more anesthesia than others with the same weight and height as I am)
    Ever since, I tell my surgeons to put more anesthetic in me because I;m more tolerant to anesthesia than others.

I remembered someone saying it's better to have a Botox shot a few months before the mandible surgery. Is this true? Has anyone asked Dr Park or someone else? I need a more drastic result anyway. My choices now are Dr Song, Smallface or Banobagi.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by StarLily View Post
    @Mel:
    Welcome to the thread!

Did the buccal fat removal help define your face and make it look less chubby? Would you recommend it to others?

From what I heard on the threads, you can walk into a clinic and they can book you within a couple of days (sometimes even the same day or the next).

From my research, it seems Dr. Park from the Oz clinic gives subtle, natural results if that's what you're looking for. Though, Banobagi and SmallFace seem to do a really great job from what I've heard and seen too. Their results are supposedly more dramatic though. I'd be cautious and/or avoid BK and ID though. They're popular but I've heard a lot of negative reviews about them.
    Buccal fat removal -

I'm not sure about Korean doctors but I went to a Sydney surgeon who had very little experience. He took out too much - about a golf ball size of fat from each cheek (doesn't sound like a lot but it is!).

I like that it's made my cheeks slim but because I had asymetrical cheekbone heights and widths before, without fat under them, it is even more prominant.

I would recommend buccal fat removal only if you are prepared for a permanent reduction of fat in that area (even when I put on weight and get chubbier, I still have slim cheeks).

It sounds like a simple procedure, but taking out the right amount of fat is difficult to assertain during surgery.

I CAN NOT WAIT for zygoma reduction.

I wear a center part hair with hair over my cheekbones ALL the time.

Cozy Rookie Array

It seems that every 80 pages or so of this thread there is a new surgeon that is all the hype.... While I'm finding it informative, it's also very confusing.

I've read that many Chinese and Japanese wealthy women goto BK for their surgeries...(my mum read on a forum actually).

At the moment I'm tossing up between Banobagi and ID.

I don't think we should be considering the difference in money when doing our precious faces.

The argument against Banobagi; that it relies heavily on advertising and is of somewhat of an assembly line attitude, doesn't deter me. If they are a big clinic - they have a reputation to uphold. If they advertise in the media and are covered by press editorial, it's got to 1. attract many girls so they are very experienced, 2. have to uphold their brand with quality work.

For some reason, I don't like the sound of Smallface, but maybe that's just me.

Cozy Rookie Array

EDIT:

After having a proper look at ID Clinic's Before and Afters, I think I like Banobagi's better. Swollen lips and all The results are great.

I'm going for the Elva Hsiao look. She still has cheekbones, but they are very subtle. xx

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Dr. Song Swelling

Hey,
    For anyone who has had surgery with Dr. Song (for mandible and zygoma or just mandible), how long did it take for the swelling to completely die down? I am about 1 month and 3 weeks post op and I thought almost all of my swelling went away, but I was comparing my before pictures and it looks like I still have quite some way to go. My lower face is apparently bigger than my before picture.

The swelling seems very stubborn as I haven't noticed an appreciable difference within the past few weeks. Thanks ladies and gents!

Cozy Rookie Array

Can somebody please send me a link to SMALLFACE before and after pictures please? I can't seem to be able to navigate their website (can't get past the main page).

Thanks heaps. x

Cozy Rookie Array

Apologies for the countless posts but I found this which may be useful -

A full price list from another popular clinic (their eye surgery is recommended by ELLE magazine)

:::Teuim plastic surgery:::

Quote Originally Posted by Mel86 View Post
    Can somebody please send me a link to SMALLFACE before and after pictures please? I can't seem to be able to navigate their website (can't get past the main page).

Thanks heaps. x
    You can find it here:
    >> Small Face - BEFORE&AFTER

The results are AMAZING

Oh, thank you so much for Teuim link!
    They have good prices
    Last edited by catalina ~; 09-08-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Cozy Rookie Array

Thanks Catalina xxxoo

Cozy Rookie Array

OK peeps,

I am happy to report that my swelling is going down and I look better, so I posted a new picture [ and no, I will not post the link again. Is back a few pages ago ]

If you look at picture 26 against the "46 days after" picture, you will see what a huge difference 20 days make. However, I am still swollen and less than optimal, but at least I can clearly see the oval face. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!. I think Dr. Oh did an incredible job, I am still flabbergasted at how symmetrical my face looks now compared to before. Well, he's done thousands upon thousands of these surgeries, so he has to know what he is doing. I'm not entirely sure how I like the oval shape with my face features- sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't. But I did get what I asked for. My face still feels numb and weird, less so than before, but I wouldn't want to feel like this for the rest of my life

My only complaint is how difficult it is to communicate with Banobagi via email. I sent a picture and questions about the price of the Acculift about 10 days ago and they never replied. I don't think this is directly the fault of the doctor but of his staff, but who knows. But from my point of view they are not holding the end of the bargain, since the doctor said we would communicate via email.

One thing that I find strange is that in spite of having the buccal fat removal, I still got the chubby cheeks (although as stated, they've gone done a lot). But I saw other girls on his blog that also got it but at the end also had to do the Acculift/liposuction on top of that. Regarding the swelling, I don't know if its a coincidence, but this week I started going to the gym again and hitting the sauna, so that may be part of the reason why it's going down.

I need to go to a wedding in Europe in late September and I depart exactly on the 3 month anniversary of the surgery- which is when they (Banobagi/Dr. Oh) do the evaluation on whether the liposuction is needed or not . But I can't look like this in the photos!!! I found a doctor close to where I live that was actually one of the researchers/inventors for the Acculift machine, and he is willing to do it for me at 2 months and 1 week (in other words, 3 weeks earlier) so I won't have to go back to Korea My concern is that it may be too early and later on I could realize that too much fat was taken out when all the swelling goes down. But it doesn't seem that it should make such a difference...Decisions decisions.
    Last edited by Vegas; 09-08-2011 at 08:46 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-08-2013, 01:29 AM