Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

ahkiam19, jus to share, there was a period of time when i used bio-magnetic therapy n it did relieved my shoulder ache. but after a few yrs, e pain came back n i learnt that e pain might also be a sign of toxin accumulation in the body. detoxing actually gives a faster n lasting result.

pinkieoreo, by constipation it's not jus going to clear ur bowels daily. if ur bowel movement is gd then do ensure u get sufficient rest at e right times. zzing after 11pm will hinder repair functions in ur detox organs which might cause heatiness due to liver unable to detox properly. do also take care of alcohol intake or smoking habits.

Cozy Rookie Array

hmm. is not getting sufficient rest the cause for frequented neck/shoulder aches?

if it is the cause of it, i think it may be one of the causes for my case.

because of work commitments, i tend to stay up all night doing my work. and sometimes in the process, deprive myself of sleep and also not sleeping well worrying about work throughout the night.

my mil got worried and got me a bottle of waist tonic for me to help me relieve the stiffness in my shoulders and also to help me sleep better at night.

i guess maybe i should stop worrying about work and let myself sleep early for a change. sighs.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by mummy86 View Post
    hmm. is not getting sufficient rest the cause for frequented neck/shoulder aches?

if it is the cause of it, i think it may be one of the causes for my case.

because of work commitments, i tend to stay up all night doing my work. and sometimes in the process, deprive myself of sleep and also not sleeping well worrying about work throughout the night.

my mil got worried and got me a bottle of waist tonic for me to help me relieve the stiffness in my shoulders and also to help me sleep better at night.

i guess maybe i should stop worrying about work and let myself sleep early for a change. sighs.

yes, cause in chinese medicine, zzing late causes liver heatiness hence the bad qi will accumulate n rise to ur neck/shoulder area resulting in e aches n pains. u may try massage to rid the bad qi to relief it but it will keep coming back unless u reduce ur liver's burden. n since it looks most likely to be liver heatiness, u may easily feel heaty after drinking even small amounts of tonics. alcohol will make it worse. do change ur lifestyle to eliminate more burden on ur liver n eat more liver-friendly foods to help it detox back to good condition =)

get to zz now! haha. gd nite.

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by amjoycelyn View Post
    yes, cause in chinese medicine, zzing late causes liver heatiness hence the bad qi will accumulate n rise to ur neck/shoulder area resulting in e aches n pains. u may try massage to rid the bad qi to relief it but it will keep coming back unless u reduce ur liver's burden. n since it looks most likely to be liver heatiness, u may easily feel heaty after drinking even small amounts of tonics. alcohol will make it worse. do change ur lifestyle to eliminate more burden on ur liver n eat more liver-friendly foods to help it detox back to good condition =)

get to zz now! haha. gd nite.
    thanks dear. well, i have been sleeping really late lately. too much work to handle.

i'm fine with drinking the waist tonic as it helps to relieve some of the stiffness when i sleep at night. but what i didn't know is that sleeping late can cause such effects on the body.

i guess my resolutation for 2010 will be to sleep early! guess it's back to my never ending work pile now.

Cozy Rookie Array

hihi,whatwas the bio-magnetic thing that you used? my friends always ask me wats the difference btwn phiten and bio-magnetic but i don;t know what bio-magnetic products do. is it brands like owell, king kang?

I'm also thinking about detoxing due to other health matters. had considered products like avalon before. any good suggestions?

Cozy Rookie Array

mummy86, reminded me that it's time to make new resolutions! yup, do zz early to prevent deterioration done but what's done needs to be "undone" too. do tk care as liver dysfunction usually starts triggering eyesight problems.

ahkiam19, we'll take our discussion offline coz it's abit out of point here... too much details... haha
    Last edited by amjoycelyn; 01-01-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Cozy Rookie Array

Hmm anyone of u all used upapa hug before? Just bought it about 2 weeks... It does soothes my neck and shoulder aches.. Its a good buy I must say, for anyone whose neck and shoulders are aching.. My left shoulder has been aching on and off for over a year already.. But after using upapa hug, I really could feel the improvement.. my shoulder is less sore after 2 wks of using..

Was thinking between it and oto's power tap... But in the end I chose Osim's upapa hug as the price is more affordable hehe

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by yewteet View Post
    Hmm anyone of u all used upapa hug before? Just bought it about 2 weeks... It does soothes my neck and shoulder aches.. Its a good buy I must say, for anyone whose neck and shoulders are aching.. My left shoulder has been aching on and off for over a year already.. But after using upapa hug, I really could feel the improvement.. my shoulder is less sore after 2 wks of using..

Was thinking between it and oto's power tap... But in the end I chose Osim's upapa hug as the price is more affordable hehe
    Hmmm wow.. heard of this product before.. How much is it?

Cozy Rookie Array

i guess it's true. when i slept early during the long break, my shoulders and neck doesnt seem to ache that much already.

not forgetting my daily dose of the waist tonic to help improve my blood circulation when i sleep.

but i guess it's back to the hectic working schedules again. but hopefully i'll be able to stick to my resolution to sleep early!

good luck fellow cotters.

Cozy Celeb Array

i think sleeping early can help to relieve the body aches.

the body not clocking enough sleep and i read that sleeping before 11 is good for the health.

maybe sleeping early can help to relieve the ache? :\

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by hohasunny View Post
    Hmmm wow.. heard of this product before.. How much is it?
    I've gotten it for $238.. Pretty steep price, but really not bad. Usually my shoulders would ache if I didn't sleep enough or if I'm heaty.. Using this really works for me.. For those of u who r thinking of investing in a back massager, I think this one is not bad

Cozy Celeb Array

went to the docs today and she told me that for body aches, it can be sign of lack of sleep or too much stress/tension.

so fellow cotters, please sleep early! and drink more waterrr.

Cozy Rookie Array

Yes atasprincess, totally agree that must sleep more to prevent aches..

Yewteet, I went to try the upapa hug last night at osim.. Not bad! Now tempted to buy already haha... Feels really good using it on my shoulders.. Been facing the comp too long already and been sleeping late too..

Cozy Rookie Array

i have to agree. having insufficient sleep can be a cause of body aches.

personally i suffer from stiff shoulders all the time due to the amount of time i spend at the desk.

other than drinking the waist tonic at night to help relieve the ache and improve my blood circulation, i try to sleep early if possible, or maybe go for a walk around the neighborhood to relax myself.

maybe all we need is to slow down and take a breather. relax for a change.

Cozy SuperStar Array dovespaniel's Avatar

Sometimes such aches are not directly due to just muscle strain. My BF has been suffering severe back/shoulder aches for a year. Massages can only relieve the pain for 2 days or so.

He was last year recommended by few friends to go to a bone setter located at revenue house. Depending on the severity of the aches, a number of visits are necessary. He has gone twice and is definitely much better now.

His pain was due to small injuries at young age. As years gone by, no proper treatment was seeked and somehow the bones, the posture, did not develop ideally. Also because of bad sitting habits, the pain got worsened.

What the setter does is "realign" the bones to the correct position. After each session, one is to rest as much as possible for 3 weeks with no hard massages or exercises.

Not for the faint hearted.... as the experience can be painful. But I guess it's worth it.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast