Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
    Cozy Rookie Array

Default Korean Volume Magic

Has anyone tried the Volume Magic treatment? I understand it gives your hair more volume at the roots, is similar to rebonding except the ends can be curled inwards so it is not poker straight. How long does the volume at the roots last? I have thick quite straight hair but find it too flat on the crown of my head.

How is it different from the Roll Straight Perm or Volume Straight Rebonding?

I am thinking of trying it at Neolive salon at Square2. I just went to Neolive for a cut & treatment. I wanted to perm my hair but the ends were too damaged. The director recommended that I try the Volume Magic next time.

Cozy Rookie Array

hi sheerdazzle,

have you tried the volume magic rebonding? was it any good? was the technique any different from how salons typically do soft rebonding?

Thanks!

Cozy Rookie Array

have been looking around for review for volume rebonding with limited feedback found. Like to do my part in reviewing my experience.

Went to square2 neolive after some limited research. my volume rebonding was done by Mr Min who can only speak korea. Had a lady translating time to time with limited english ability.

the moment i step into the salon, i was ushered to wash hair. simply wash... no massage like kimage or supercut. then he started commenting how damaged my hair was. I do agree my hair was damaged due to constant hair dye n rebonding, but i have emphasized that i want to keep it long, and i asked if volume rebonding can be done to my hair, or else i will just do treatment n leave. The 2 convinced me to cut off the damaged part which doesnt seems short when he showed me. He cut it when my hair was still wet, and then done treatment. after treatment, he didnt completely blow dry and started using the straightener to curl in my hair. i see steam coming out of my hair, but i tried to ask him, he dont understand.

With that, My shoulder length hair which i wanted to keep it long, was cut to a length that's below my ear. super sad. and the style is of aunty curl , its not the trendy kind of curling in at the roots. After washing, the curl will just go everywhere except inward...I need to use my own straightener to style my hair each morning now. and praying that my hair will grow long fast enough. I am considering going back to kimage for rebonding n a nicer hair cut now....

Quote Originally Posted by dalene05 View Post
    have been looking around for review for volume rebonding with limited feedback found. Like to do my part in reviewing my experience.

Went to square2 neolive after some limited research. my volume rebonding was done by Mr Min who can only speak korea. Had a lady translating time to time with limited english ability.

the moment i step into the salon, i was ushered to wash hair. simply wash... no massage like kimage or supercut. then he started commenting how damaged my hair was. I do agree my hair was damaged due to constant hair dye n rebonding, but i have emphasized that i want to keep it long, and i asked if volume rebonding can be done to my hair, or else i will just do treatment n leave. The 2 convinced me to cut off the damaged part which doesnt seems short when he showed me. He cut it when my hair was still wet, and then done treatment. after treatment, he didnt completely blow dry and started using the straightener to curl in my hair. i see steam coming out of my hair, but i tried to ask him, he dont understand.

With that, My shoulder length hair which i wanted to keep it long, was cut to a length that's below my ear. super sad. and the style is of aunty curl , its not the trendy kind of curling in at the roots. After washing, the curl will just go everywhere except inward...I need to use my own straightener to style my hair each morning now. and praying that my hair will grow long fast enough. I am considering going back to kimage for rebonding n a nicer hair cut now....
    I understand how it feels when the perm turns up to be something unexpected.
    What you could do is to go back salon , ask them to rebond back for you but do note that your hair might be slighhtly dry. so have to do consistent treatment
    hope it helps!