Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 12 of 218 FirstFirst ... 210111213142232 ... LastLast
    Xue

yeap. I would agree with Shon. Go back and request for a re-perm. If your hair salon is good, they usually do that. the same thing happened to me (the perm died immediately).

Re-perm is one of the way but becareful. 2nd attempt immediately may cause damage to hair. Seek advise from your hairstylist.

Yes, just a reminder for Raine: remember to ask for the hair treatment before doing 2nd ceramic perming. This was what I did when I made the re-perming request. My hairstylist is very nice, he offered this free of charge for me.

The hair treatment is to repair and strengthen the hair for further damage before the 2nd perming. Most of the ceramic perming provide hair treatment before perming.

Cozy MegaStar Array

Originally posted by Mint
    Has anyone did her jap perm at kimage ?
    i did mine @ kimage funan this year in feburary. did like the curls (and received quite alot of compliments on the hair ) but didn't like the maintenance and the fact that i needed to apply sculpting lotion for the curls to come out.. (i'm a wash and go person..) 8 months later, my hair is still slightly wavy. the growing out process is terrible though.. you get frizzy hair (especially if you're like me who doesn't bother applying anything..) i'm still not sure if i should go back and perm my hair again..

Yeap Raine, becareful and seek advise first. Some hairtype can't take second perming in a short period of time. It will damage the hair big time!

Originally posted by lovedust
    Yeap Raine, becareful and seek advise first. Some hairtype can't take second perming in a short period of time. It will damage the hair big time!
    ditto on this lovedust
    i had a bad hair job done before
    but they didnt rectify it till a week later... cos they explained to me the danger of damaging the hair with too much chemical works on it

Xue

btw, if you girls are looking for a place to do a perm cheaply, you can try this hair-stylist Jason (from Trinity Tricolore) recommended. She was trained by Kim Robinson (the guy who started Le Salon Bis) and their salon is pretty classy. According to Jason, this stylist, Cindy, is great at doing v feminine cuts and she spends lots of time on her clients instead of doing a rush-job like other stylists I know.

I've never tried the salon before, but my mom has been there and she said they're pretty good though they tend to try to push their products. pretty affordable and decent service. they quoted me S$180 for perm for long hair.

the no is 97419567. look for Cindy.

where is the place Xue?

Xue

unfortunately, all i know is it's at cantonment. you could probably call her and ask. i'll try asking my mom

it's near central police station. drop at outram mrt station and cross the road.

that's according to my mom!

Thank you so much ladies, for coming so quickly to my call for distress. I'm greatly touched. Although I have not been very active in this forum but you've given me good advice and are very reassuring.

Shon, thanks so much for taking the effort to dig out the thread on hairstyling tips. I'm really new to this perming and I don't know anything about maintanence, etc.. so I really need all the help and you've been so helpful!

shon and Xue, Thanks for sharing with meyour personal experience. It makes me feel better knowing that bad perms do exist and I'm not the only one.

Yesterday after posting this thread, I realised that one side of my hair has gone almost straight because I have twirl my hair in the wrong direction!!! I panic and tried to twirl it correctly but it didn't work. I bought the citre shine curl booster as recommended by fellow cotters but I think I'm not good at using it for the time being. my curls are shaped but they do not last? This morning, I woke up and my curls are all loosen and they are in a mess. I went to wash my hair again and to try to style it. the curls that were twirl in the wrong direction did not really revive but it was much better after I washed it again when i returned home from work.

Anyway, I used this leave on sculpting gel from DMS (my family's) and it did leave my curls okie.. but it's not hard, like what sculpting lotion does to curls. Thought you all might want to know this? Are there are other products out there which could give nice curls without the hardness?

I went to visit my hairdresser again today and she told me to observe a few more days. If i'm really unhappy with it, she would do a re-perm for me.

Once again, thanks for all your advice.

oh.. any other further tips to care for permed hair? e.g when to apply anti-frizz, etc?

Originally posted by duckiee
    i did mine @ kimage funan this year in feburary. did like the curls (and received quite alot of compliments on the hair ) but didn't like the maintenance and the fact that i needed to apply sculpting lotion for the curls to come out.. (i'm a wash and go person..) 8 months later, my hair is still slightly wavy. the growing out process is terrible though.. you get frizzy hair (especially if you're like me who doesn't bother applying anything..) i'm still not sure if i should go back and perm my hair again..
    i just did my jap perm from kimage too, but my curls do not last for more than 2 days. Now my hair is neither straight nor curly, ITS MESSY!!! furthermore, the products they used to perm my hair is very damaging as it causes some frizzyness to my hair. Now i don't dare to go back for a re-perm again as i'm afraid my hair will become as dry as hay. :piss:

Cozy MegaStar Array

Originally posted by Raine
    Are there are other products out there which could give nice curls without the hardness?
    mousse might work

mint, that sounds terrible! maybe go back and ask the stylist how to style it and maintain the curls?

Originally posted by ataraxia
    btw, if you girls are looking for a place to do a perm cheaply, you can try this hair-stylist Jason (from Trinity Tricolore) recommended. She was trained by Kim Robinson (the guy who started Le Salon Bis) and their salon is pretty classy. According to Jason, this stylist, Cindy, is great at doing v feminine cuts and she spends lots of time on her clients instead of doing a rush-job like other stylists I know.

I've never tried the salon before, but my mom has been there and she said they're pretty good though they tend to try to push their products. pretty affordable and decent service. they quoted me S$180 for perm for long hair.

the no is 97419567. look for Cindy.
    She sounds good!

What's the name of the saloon do you know ?

Cozy Star Array

oh.. any other further tips to care for permed hair? e.g when to apply anti-frizz, etc?
    i got tired of having to twirl my hair after a wash so now i usually just apply curling products (either curling gel, mousse or spray) and scrunch my hair as i blast with the hairdryer or airdry till 80% dry and twist it up to dry all the way through.

doesn't give me the corkscrew type curls, but nice soft waves instead. quite happy with that.

You are so welcome, Raine. I think u may need to go for the re-perming to see the satisfied curls. If the curls just go off within several days, that means the curls are not lasting. For my case, my curls was still very curly at least for 4 months. Then, they started to go off gradually in the 5th month. In fact, they can last longer. However, i am tired of the hair style already , so I just started to comb them several times per day after that. Now, the bottom hairs are still a bit curl....can't help

I don't think you have to use anti-frizz hair products as this will make your hair look flat and not lively. For permed hair, u should use mousse or hair cream to volume up + shine up the hair. Then, your hair will be very attractive and beautiful. I bought my hair protein treatment cream from the salon. It can be used as hair mask & leave-one serum (helps to absorb moisture from the air). Although it is expensive, it really gives my hair shiny and volume it up. Some more, the smell is very nice too, like fragrance. I think u better use salon products, e.g. Keratase, Redken ... Normal hair products can't help much in this....

I think when u perm your hair, u have to prepare another investion on the hair products too. For me, Ceramic Perming costs me S$250, then hair products from salon S$200 (shampoo+conditioner+hair treatment cream+hair mask). Total damage was S$450. I didn't notice that it is really beyond my budget. But I am happy with the permed hair coz it makes me more elegant and gorgoeus when wearing skirt.

Page 12 of 218 FirstFirst ... 210111213142232 ... LastLast