Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by sydney
    I also have curly and frizzy hair and have never rebonded.

My recommendation to curlies is NOT to rebond your hair. Believe it or not a lot of girls with tap water straight hair actually envy your curls and waves and any time you want it straight, go for a blow out.

I was frustrated for years with uncontrollable frizz etc, but found a lot of information off this site: Naturally Curly Try to use shampoos without sulphates, the main ingredient in most supermarket and popular brands is either sodium laureth sulphate or ammonia laureth sulphate. This ingredient is basically detergent and very harsh on curly hair which tends to be drier. You can get sulphate-free shampoos from places like nature's farm or other health food stores. Some of the girls on the naturally curly forum follow a routine which requires zero shampooing, but I find that too extreme, especially with our hot humid weather. Get a good conditioner or leave-in as well, and try to do weekly hair masks to increase moisture in your hair.

Find a hairstylist who is good with curly hair and doesn't try to sell you rebonding or say bs like 'oh there's nothing much i can do with your hair, its like that'. Anthony at Le Salon is good, also try Leong at The Hair Shop.

Styling products also help to control frizz and enhance curls or waves. Its a trial and error thing because what works for one type of curly hair will not work for another, also need to experiment with the amount you put into your hair. I'm using Jessicurl products from the U.S. The products are gentle on the hair and does not build-up and weigh down curls. Two of my colleagues started using the Rockin' Ringlets and Confident Coils and they love them too.

I still get 'big' hair days and sometimes I still get made fun of with the big hair and tai-tai look, this will probably sound thick skinned and all , but I also get tons of compliments on my hair as well so curlies.... don't despair, you're unique
    that's great advice sydney!

i have naturally curly hair too and i have never and will never rebond my hair. Furthermore, i have fine hair.

do u use any hair products that can be bought in singapore? do u have any recommendations? TIA!

Cozy Rookie Array

bumping this up!

wad kind of shampoo/conditioner to use for naturally curly, fine hair..
    and wad other products?

i HATE my hair...it always CURL up at the end...no matter long or short...it just curls up at the end...

it makes me look like a lunatic

and i HATE it. Tried rebondin but it made my hair so flat that i looked so weird in it..sighs!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by geeko
    i HATE my hair...it always CURL up at the end...no matter long or short...it just curls up at the end...

it makes me look like a lunatic

and i HATE it. Tried rebondin but it made my hair so flat that i looked so weird in it..sighs!
    maybe u should rebond anymore... jus try how to make ur naturally curly hair nice by using the correct shampoo/conditioner/products..

im currently still trying to find the proper way to take care of my naturally curly hair too...

Cozy Rookie Array

Default Looking for sydney...

hi sydney, i hope u read this, i need to ask u some questions by i cant seem to PM you. please do reply... thank youu..

Cozy Rookie Array

Default curly hair secrets

to have curly hair you can go for more professional methods like perms or those electric curlers. but these could damage the hair if done too often. the use of good hair oil and shampoo esp. made for vurly and voluminous hair is an added plus. have you noticed how beyonce knowles hairs is when it is curly?it sure looks very nice, well, here is a way how you can get your hair curly like that too-on your own(ok, maybe you might need a little help)-beyonce's curly hair secrets
    Last edited by sugary; 26-09-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Cozy Rookie Array

i've naturally curly hair too.. i wish singapore had more products for curly-haired people. at the moment, i'm using TIGI Curls Amplifier, which works pretty okay on my hair. i use it with a hydrating gel (fauvert professionals) i got from my hair stylist.

i've been wanting to try jessicurl products, but shipping from the US is crazy expensive... if you guys have any product recommendations, let me know!

oh, and if anyone knows where there are good hair stylists for curly haired folks, i'd be interested in finding out more... the hair stylists i've been to keep wanting to rebond my hair for me or thin it and do silly things!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by gauri
    i've naturally curly hair too.. i wish singapore had more products for curly-haired people. at the moment, i'm using TIGI Curls Amplifier, which works pretty okay on my hair. i use it with a hydrating gel (fauvert professionals) i got from my hair stylist.

i've been wanting to try jessicurl products, but shipping from the US is crazy expensive... if you guys have any product recommendations, let me know!

oh, and if anyone knows where there are good hair stylists for curly haired folks, i'd be interested in finding out more... the hair stylists i've been to keep wanting to rebond my hair for me or thin it and do silly things!
    ive been wanting to try jessicurl too but the shipping is just . im currently using mugens milky balm. quite good. can get from any beauty springs shops.. (if im not wrong tats *** its called) u can try the smaller one first to see if it works for you.. cost abt $4+ only.

abt the hair stylists, im not very sure myself, but i read somewhere in this CC forums that theres a neighbourhood salon in yishun whose customers are mainly ppl with curly hair.

Hi there,

Sorry haven't been on Cozycot for a while... i've been using jessicurl for over a year now and before that i didn't really find any other available products without heavy silicone products in them, have tried using mousse and other gels previously but i find jessicurl still works best... usually will buy and ship it in through vpost the cost of shipping is cheaper that way.

HTH

Cozy Rookie Array

Zicon

i have natural curl hair. I will rebond my hair every 4 - 5 months when the new growth curly hair. Ive tried alot of rebonding. Initially only a few rebonding product now they have more. Recently ive tried Loreal extenso at Yess Salon (Cineleisure) Cost:$180. My hair turns out very natural and soft. Hair not very dry too!

sydney: great tips!! could you recommend some shampoos without sulphates that can be bought locally??

Cozy Rookie Array

u can find shampoos without sulphates at health food stores like Natures Farm

Cozy Rookie Array

do you know where nature's farm has outlets in singapore? thanks.

edited to add:

oh nevermind... i just did a google search.
    http://www.naturesfarm.com/contactus.asp

btw, do you have any recommendations as to what's good and what's not in sulphate free shampoos?
    Last edited by gauri; 14-10-2006 at 10:14 PM.

Cozy Rookie Array

no i dont actually..
    u can try go to www.naturallycurly.com and do a search or something..
    i am quite new to this myself.. =)

Aloha!

I have naturally curly hair too! The trick is to use a really really good leave-in moisturiser.. Honestly I think curly hair cannot survive on shampoo and conditioner alone.. My hair adapts to products easily so I switch brands after I finish using the whole bottle coz I like trying out new products.. Haha..

So currently I'm using Ref Moisture Shampoo, Moisture Conditioner, and Leave-in Treatment. I bought these from Beauty Language at Sun Plaza. They're good!! Nice smell and moisturises my hair. You can view their products at www.rev-haircare.com
    I think they're only available at Beauty Language at Sun Plaza...

For those of you who live far from Sembawang where Sun Plaza is, you can go to any Sasa outlet and get the Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner, and the Phytolisse Ultra Smooth Finishing Serum. They make your hair soft and bouncy. Don't use products that harden the hair such as hair sprays and hair wax.. Serums are better absorbed for curly hair..

Also, I wash my hair at night and then wait for it to dry and then go to sleep. Hair feels nice and moisturised in the morning! Haha.. Don't know why.. You guys can try!

Also, when my hair looks kinda unruly, I just comb it with my hands and twirl the ends..And it works!! I've been on this twirling habit since I was young and I can't kick the habit.. Haha.. I twirl my hair in class and whenever I'm thinking or have nothing to do..

Hope that helps some of you girls out there..!!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast