Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default great food at Sengkang, Punggol, Hougang

any great food around this area, i taught a few students who stay around here but often go elsewhere for dinner cause dont know whats good around here? any recommendation? can be zi char or normal stuff like mee pok dry.

i like the char kway teow at blk 401 hougang ave 10

Cozy Rookie Array

Rivervalve Mall - Chicken Rice
    - Roast Duck Rice / Char Siew Rice
    - Claypot Chicken Rice

Cozy Rookie Array

which part do you go?

blk 401 there got lots of nice food... the hokkien mee, char kway teow, carrot cake. indian rojak is not bad... also if you go late at night.. they have kway chap @ the porridge stall... the duck rice is not bad too.. & the tender chicken..

if it's near hougang central... the small kopitiam just opposite the kopitiam under hougang plaza... has a very popular western food stall... steak comes in sizzling hot plate... the duck rice is super yummy comes with herbal duck soup which is just soooo nice! & the chicken rice is popular too... fish soup is very light & healthy... "zi char" must eat here..

the big kopitiam under hougang plaza has mixed rice with fish head curry... their yong tau hu also quite nice...

hougang mall foodcourt fish soup bee hoon!!! fried carrot cake!

hougang green NTUC there the food court.. mixed rice... jap (cheap & steady)... chicken rice!!! BEST!

if it's kovan area, the thai express is good... the hawker there bottom floor look for satay bee hoon facing inside... they have those roast duck very famous one... upper floor.. can eat the wan ton mee.. always long q... nearer to mac.. there's a stall that sells carrot cake! cheap & good!

eh.. did i cover almost all areas in hougang?? upper serangoon road stretch.. near kovan mrt.. has very good teochew porridge.. diagonally across SRJC... there's also the famous punggol nasi lemak... always long Q too... beside teochew porridge got curry rice...

sengkang area compasspoint foodcourt porridge is best! with their raw fish! western food in super big plates.. though never try before... banquet has yummy butterfly & halal takopaichi...

hth

Cozy Rookie Array

wow polarie had covered most of the places..so let me add on.

for kovan area, you can try the beef noodles at blk 204. the stall is located in a coffee shop within the neighbourhood centre just opposite to emi cakes. u have to queue up during lunch time and it closes around 6pm.

for upper serangoon road stretch (after kovan mrt; towards the direction of SRJC), other then punggol nasi lemak, try the minced pork noodles from the same coffee shop. chong pang nasi lemak is less popular but serving is larger and cheaper and it tastes good too. also, try selegie soya beancurd/tou hua which is across the road. it's too good to be missed.

Cozy Rookie Array

magical lol! yeah i forgot about the beef noodles. always out of stock!!!! must go early & super long q!!!!

tried the chong pang nasi lemak before... ok only... shop quite small & like quite pathetic? cos everyone else all walk to the other stall

oh yeah & the tou hua... haha the uncle very friendly one... not bad... that time i went i eat until so fulL!!!

Cozy Rookie Array granolaprincess's Avatar

hougang south hawker centre (towards the carpark area),
    the fish ball noodles is da best

there are 2 fish ball noodles store. the one which look the newest is the tastiest

Cozy Celeb Array

I have been going to the coffeeshop at blk 401 for more than 10 years and the standard has dropped I feel. I used to love the carrot cake and fried kway teow.

The hawker center at Kovan has some very yummy food. On the upper level, there is a hokkien mee stall that serves the mee on banana leaf (the dried beige kind), very nice authentic taste. Also a yong tau hu stall that used to be outside the famous da hua cinema.

Cozy Rookie Array

think they changed cook... used to be the ah beng cooking one...

you must be staying near me to go there over 10 years!

Cozy Rookie Array

Quote Originally Posted by polarie
    magical lol! yeah i forgot about the beef noodles. always out of stock!!!! must go early & super long q!!!!

tried the chong pang nasi lemak before... ok only... shop quite small & like quite pathetic? cos everyone else all walk to the other stall

oh yeah & the tou hua... haha the uncle very friendly one... not bad... that time i went i eat until so fulL!!!
    i'm addicted to the beef noodles!

agree that chong pang nasi lemak looks pathetic that's why i'll buy from them sometimes..the food is quite nice but inferior to punggol in terms of the standard of the rice. sometimes i just feel that punggol nasi lemak is overrated and people will tend to flock to the stall cos everyone else is queuing for it.

polarie, there's another selegie soya bean stall in the kovan hawker centre but the tou hua is not as smooth, soft and tasty as the one we mentioned earlier.

Cozy Rookie Array

yeah it's overrated.. super salty long beans & every other thing.. & so ex! only like the chicken wing!

i think i know which one you refering to already! but i rarely order from that stall though

Cozy Celeb Array

Quote Originally Posted by polarie
    think they changed cook... used to be the ah beng cooking one...

you must be staying near me to go there over 10 years!
    I have been living in Hougang for many years, shifted house 3 times but all within walking distance from Hougang Central. Stayed at blk 407 during my pri sch days and had lunch at 401 almost every day! My old sch is next to that block!

Cozy Rookie Array

chij? i been staying opp the church for more than 10 years :wow:

anyway we OOT!

chij was my primary sch too! im staying just under 401... so great food is just a walk down

is Blk401 at hougang plaza that side? I know there is a kopitiam there..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast