Join CozyCot to get the insider's edge
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on instagram
Follow us on pinterest
Follow Us on Pinterest
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Candles, Tarts & Burners

Think I'm going through a candles phase right now. Any favorite you ladies would recommend? Also is there a place where I can get a nice tart warmer? Will it be good to invest in an electric or normal one? TIA

Default Burners, Warmers & Diffusers

I have both types of Tart Burners, the normal and the electric one during my trip to US, but for lazy bum like me i prefer the electric one.

All you need to do just plug it in and put the tart on the tart holder. I find it's easy and fast too since i dont need to go to store to buy the tea light candles whenever i'm out of them. Basically, u save money from buying tea light candles and pay Electric bill instead

I also find it's so much safer using the electric burner than the normal one. whenever i use the normal burner(before i bought my electric one) i always have this idea that the candle will cause fire in my room..Lol..but that's only my opinions. Other ppls have different preference..like my housemate prefer the normal one cuz there are so many designs than the electric burner.

oh ya, try www.tartburners.com, my housemate bought hers from them.
    Last edited by saresha; 24-01-2004 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks, jepunnye It's not just you. I have a fear of burning the house or office down too with those burners. Think I may just choose an electric one.

Any idea if there's going to be a voltage problem if I buy those electric burners from a US website? :sotong:

Hey girls,

I have a silly question here: are the tart burners the same as those aromatheraphy oil burners ? If not, would the latter be a good subsitutue for the former?

I don't seem to see tarts around Singapore...hmmm

Linda: I think L'Ocittane make lovely candles! I love their Lavendar-scented ones!

Originally posted by ponine
    Hey girls,

I have a silly question here: are the tart burners the same as those aromatheraphy oil burners ? If not, would the latter be a good subsitutue for the former?

Actually tarts like like small pieces of pies I really don't know how to describe but you're right in saying that they are used in oil burners. Instead of putting the water and oil, you put the tart onto the pot area and then burn the candle using tealights.

I don't think tarts can replace aromatherapy since the latter has therapeutic effects while tarts are merely for fragrancing.

Hey girls,

I don't seem to see tarts around Singapore...hmmm

Linda: I think L'Ocittane make lovely candles! I love their Lavendar-scented ones!

ponine, i tried using my electric oil burner to burn the tarts but it doesnt work as good as tart burners.

L'occitane Creme Caramel? candle smells good too

Oh...so the aromathraphy oil burner can be used for buring tarts as well?

This is so strange because i once burned a Yankee Tart and there is not much smell and the tart never smell to get any smaller. It just melt into a puddle of waxy oil and just that.. haha.. even when i burn for like at least 5 hours ??! Don't they ever evaporate or something ?
    Maybe the candle is spoilt? I've done the same with Yankee tarts and they can fragrance up my whole room.

But it's wax so they don't evaporate. They just turn to liquid wax. And you can burn and burn. When you don't want it anymore, you just wait for the wax to cool, and then take the whole piece of candle out.
    Last edited by kare2711; 16-10-2003 at 04:45 PM.

This one here is so cute :

Kitchen Stove Tart Warmer

May consider this if shipping is not a killer. It's very simple looking (think Royal Copenhagen) and plus point only US$9.99

Delft Blue Burner

Originally posted by Sky
    Where can we get decent eletric burner in Singapore?
    I'm going to check out the Lavendar Shop at Raffles City later. Will report back later this evening although I'm quite doubtful I'll ever find anything close to those off the US websites. ** sigh**

Originally posted by Sky
    I bought a dirt cheap burner for couple dollar months back, doesn't look nice but it's flat base, excellent for tarts use.
    Hi Nic, where can i get this cheap burner?
    Around how much?

Read something interesting.
    For those who are settling for candle tart burners, the ideal distance between the flame and the base of the tart holder is 3-5", which means a lot of burners are too short.
    And these candle burners look very much like the burners that I thought are for fragrance oil use :huh:

Anyone tried using a cup warmer? I see some sites selling the candle warmer which looks like a cup warmer. just put a plate on top of the warmer. Wonder if it works well with tarts and candles. Good too, since don't have to replace bulbs.

Got this off another site:

<B>Diffusers and Diffusion Products on the Market</B>

The descriptions below are generalities about the different products that are available. Always check the specifications, requirements and safety comments supplied with the particular product you are interested to confirm that it is suitable for your needs and expectations.

Clay Pot Diffusers
    Clay pot diffusers go by many names, but they resemble small terracotta pots. They also can be found in various small shapes such as pyramids. A clay pot diffuser contains an opening for adding essential oils. Usually a cork is the method by which the opening is closed. The oils permeate through the pot and then diffuse out into the room. The intensity of the aroma depends on how much essential oil is added to the clay pot.

Advantages: Clay pot diffusers are very inexpensive, easy to use, and do not require electricity or batteries.

Disadvantages: The aroma is strongest shortly after adding essential oil to the clay pot and then dissipates as time passes. As such, itís hard to keep the same level of aroma in the room.

Candle Diffusers
    A candle diffuser is a diffuser that utilizes a tea light or other candle to gently heat the essential oil to promote diffusion into a room. A candle diffuser is usually ceramic or metal. The diffuser has an opening or space for a candle and a little bowl or tray for storing a tiny quantity of essential oil. Candle diffusers come in many shapes and colors from the modest functional piece to the piece that acts both as a work of art and as a candle diffuser.

Advantages: Candle diffusers can be inexpensive, depending on the style and design. Candle diffusers do not require electricity or batteries.

Disadvantages: One needs to be as careful with using a candle diffuser as with using candles in general. Also, one must be sure to keep replacement candles on hand. The aroma generally diffused by a candle diffuser is very light and it does not usually diffuse an entire room. The heat may alter or destroy certain constituents of the oils and thus the therapeutic benefit may not be as optimal as using cold-air diffusion methods.

Fan Diffusers
    Fan diffusers come in a variety of sizes, shapes and styles. A fan diffuser uses a fan to blow the essential oils into the air. To use a fan diffuser, essential oils are usually placed onto a disposable absorbent pad or into a tray. The pad or tray is placed into the unit and then powered on. The fan then blows air across this pad or tray and carries the aroma throughout the room. Since fan diffusers come in a variety of sizes, some fan diffusers will only diffuse a small room whereas others can diffuse very large areas. Some fan diffusers require the use of an absorbent pad (the pads can usually be reordered from the retailer or directly from the manufacturer). In others, the use of absorbent pads is optional.

Advantages: Fan diffusers are available in a wide variety of brands and styles. Depending on the brand and model, fan diffusers can fragrance a large area. Fan diffusers are generally easy to use. Some fan diffusers are powered by both electricity and batteries making them quite portable.

Disadvantages: Some fan diffusers, depending on the brand and model, require the purchase of replacement absorbent pads. Some fan diffusers are noisy.

Electric Heat Diffusers
    Similar to a fan diffuser, heat diffusers use heat and a fan to gently heat the oil and disperse the aroma into a room.

Advantages: Electric heat diffusers may fragrance larger areas, depending on the brand and style. They can also help to more efficiently disperse the aromas of thicker oils such as Sandalwood and Patchouli.

Disadvantages: Heat may alter or destroy certain constituents of the oils and thus the therapeutic benefit may not be as optimal as using cold-air diffusion methods.

Nebulizers
    A nebulizer is a device that takes essential oils and breaks them into separate molecules before dispersing the smaller molecules into the room. It is said that these smaller molecules can be more readily absorbed by the lungs and thus create greater therapeutic value than by use of other diffusion methods. A nebulizer is a small (perhaps 8" x 4" x 6") device that consists of two main parts: the plastic base that contains the motor and a very unusual, clear blown-glass looking device that holds and "nebulizes" the oils. Instead of the use of the unusual glass piece, some nebulizers use a special bottle that looks like a boston round bottle.

Advantages: It is said that nebulizers can supply greater therapeutic benefit than the use of other diffusers because they break the oils down into smaller molecules.

Disadvantages: The glass piece is breakable and expensive to replace. Compared to other methods, cleaning the glass between different oils is time consuming. Depending on the style nebulizer, thick oils such as Sandalwood and Patchouli usually cannot be used as they can clog certain style nebulizers.

Found these online.

Flower Electric Diffuser

Lily Electric Diffuser

Cottage Electric Diffuser

Sunflower Electric Diffuser

But I'm happy with just one of the simple ones from Magic Essence . I especially like the Blue Yellow Trim. But these are meant for aromatherapy oils so I don't know if they are deep enough for tarts.

I've got the Flower Electric Diffuser and it to bits for using with essential oils. The amount of heat can be controlled by adjusting the 'brightness' of the bulb, so you can adjust the level of the scent too. It also helps that it looks really pretty when it's lighted up.
    I don't know how much this costs since my SIL gave this to me, but I don't expect it to be cheap.

I use the above one with my tarts. I like it because the glass dish where I place the tart in is seperate from the rest of the burner. That way, I don't have to place the whole burner into the freezer when I want to remove the used tart.
    I got this from Taka a couple of years back for less SGD$20, and have not seen it around since.

I never knew that my burners came from Pureness, or that there was even a website for burners in Singapore. The variety of burners that we get here are soooooo limited. Thanks for doing the ground work and posting pics, I'm now busy checking out the Pureness site!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast