Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you been to a wedding dinner with live band?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you been to a wedding dinner with live band?

Im really excited to have one because I find the ambiance different and it can be quite entertaining. However my bf, who have attended a few such wedding dinners find it very noisy. He says that the guest cannot chat among themselves and it can be pretty irritating if they have to shout to one another.. What is your take on this? Pls advise me..

have been to lots of weddings with live band, actually it was ok, i don't find it particularly noisy at all.

Comment

I went for a few and most of them are ok. One in particular I remember, played jazz and polka and I like how it changed the ambience entirely. It is best for a bigger venue or for outdoor receptions so the sound could travel out. If you have a small room, then it will be noisy. Keep to max. a quartet. Don't need an entire orchestra. And choose light music.

Comment

I had a live band at my wedding. I had a small room as I had only 12tables. And plus, my live band consists of drums, electric guitars, keyboard and singer.
        I was apprehensive about the level of noise at first but in the end, decided to go for it.

And boy, am I glad that I did. The band lifted the entire atmosphere of my wedding and all my guests liked it. They said it was different and unusual and the guests even got up to dance, something that many Sporeans will not do.
        And my song list consisted of a mixture of light and heavy rock music.

They had no problems chatting as after the wedding, I was talking to some of my guests and they said xxx said this-and-that. I said ***, so noisy you guys can also chat. They said not a problem at all, they had no problems chatting even when the guests are seated opposite one another in a round table.
        They even managed to chat across the entire table.

Here's a writeup by the band:-

http://alittledream02.livejournal.co...chihuly%20room

Comment

I attended my cousin's wedding.. she had a live band and it was rather nice.. I'm usually bored at weddings but i felt the mood of love with the live band playing and singing love songs haha..

I didn't know my cousin-in-law was so romantic too.. went to get the band's help to produce like a song of their story.. hee.. sweet! My cousin was like controlling her tears, avoid mascara smudging..

I think the band's name is Wedding Harmony... definitely something i will consider for my wedding

Comment

we had a jazz band at ours and all our guests loved the fact that we had live music. We had a 4 pc band - 2 singers, 1 keyboardist and 1 saxophonist. I hand picked all the songs to give a jazzy love feeling (without being overly mushy). We engaged the same band as zjaninez did

Comment

I'll be having A Little Dream play at my banquet too

Comment

my friend sings at wedding/events with his team..
                Love me Knot

Comment

My nephew will be playing my wedding march during 1st march in and on off a few piece on the piano.

Comment

My fiance is also planning to engage A Little Dream. Have to give one year of advance booking, at least.

He always likes live band (not rock kind). He wants them to play/sing our march-in song. I think that can be romantic. They do provide emcee service, so that we may consider too.

Yup, I don't think they are noisy. It can be volume/type of music controlled.

Comment

The 'noisiness' is subjective because some people don't like certain genre of songs. I've been to weddings with jazz band (with Claressa Monteiro singing) and live bands that play evergreens and love songs. The whole ambience was really good. There was a dance floor and the bride and groom took the first dance and then the rest followed. It was a very beautiful concept. Worth implementing it

Comment

I've been to tons of weddings with live bands and I've never seen anyone have a bad time with one! I do, however, feel they work best at large weddings because you really have to get the crowd dancing to fully enjoy the feel of a live band. Nothing gets people off their feet better than live music!

Comment

hey.. those who hire allitledream live band, how much is their quotation and performance duration? i m thinking to invite them for my ROM ceremony, just a short performance coz my AD won't be in the same day.. :D:D
                          thanks!

Comment

I finally got my wedding live band from Acoustic Saturday....
                            http://www.acousticsaturday.com

Did a lot of research.. I find them one of the best in singapore, even called them to preview their music to make sure.....

You can see some of their vocalists and musicians.. quite talented i feel
                            http://www.acousticsaturday.com/category/our-team

http://www.acousticsaturday.com/songlist-showcase

Comment

I like places with live band. Wedding with a live band is definitely ok with me. Noisy? maybe depends on the song they will be playing. Of course at the wedding ceremony itself it is not nice to play songs that is so noisy it should be solemn and dramatic and more on love songs. But at the reception where eating time is happening loud song can be play to activate fun on the dance floor.

Comment

Working...
                              X