Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding PhotoMontage

Hiya,

I'm looking for more ideas to do Wedding Photomontage.
    Would be appreciate if brides & brides to be share with me their montage or their ideas in creating one.

Thanks!

Wow! Nice.

Keynote? Is it easy to use?

Comment

your montage look familiar... very nicely done.. you are that guy in FP thread who do FL montage?

1 question, heard about the rules regarding the songs used for montage, per song $50 does it applied to montage that is self diy or only to professional?

Comment

cherrycola, very interesting montage you had done

Comment

Originally posted by BubblyGal View Post
          your montage look familiar... very nicely done.. you are that guy in FP thread who do FL montage?

1 question, heard about the rules regarding the songs used for montage, per song $50 does it applied to montage that is self diy or only to professional?

$50? What rules??

Comment

recieved this in email from my friend,

SINGAPORE - Wedding couples planning to show video or photo montages accompanied by popular love songs - the de rigueur for wedding celebrations these days - should think twice: Either they cough up between $100 and $200 for each song or risk getting hit in the pocket for copyright infringement.

MediaCorp has learnt that the Composers and Authors Society of Singapore (Compass) - which represents over 1,000 composers and lyricists in Singapore, including JJ Lin and Taufik Batisah, and at least one million more members worldwide - is clamping down on the illegal use of copyrighted music for weddings.

It has sent letters to wedding photographers and videographers asking them to buy the licences for songs they wish to use - on their corporate websites and in their works - while stopping short of suggesting active enforcement.

Compass' actions have left industry players in a limbo, with some even advising their customers against using copyrighted songs in their own amateur montages.

Engineer Benjamin Koh (not his real name), for one, has decided to do away with music completely on his photo montage, to be shown during his wedding reception next month.

His three-week effort would show pictures of their growing-up years and courtship days in silence, without the romantic love song he and his wife had chosen.

"It's a bummer because it's less touching without the music, but I'm not willing to pay for the licence," said Mr Koh, 29, who learned about this from his wedding photographer.

When contacted, Compass confirmed that it has stepped up efforts this year to collect royalties from wedding videographers and photographers - it has been writing to them since January, asking them to pay licence fees.

The stricter enforcement arose from the "increasingly rampant" use of copyrighted material, the spokesman said, without disclosing how it arrived at such a conclusion.

Although most hotels pay an annual fee for the rights to play a list of copyrighted songs in their premises, the spokesman said wedding couples still need to pay to play copyrighted songs at their reception.

Penalties Unclear

Many couples told MediaCorp they were unaware of such a requirement and felt the licence fees were too costly.

"A wedding is a private event where you invite your close friends and relatives to celebrate together; not a public performance where you charge an entrance fee," said newly-wed Felicia Lee, 25.

Compass declined to say what would happen to those who flout the rules but said it has not conducted "raids" at wedding receptions so far.

According to the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore website, remedies for copyright owners in civil lawsuits include injunctions, damages and account of profits. Depending on the flagrancy of the infringement, the court may also order additional damages to be paid by the infringing party to the copyright owner.

For now, it seems that those who make a living out of shooting wedding photos or videos are under closer scrutiny.

Said the spokesman: "The fundamental thing is the music is not created by you, so you can't take someone else's efforts and profit from it."

Compass is apparently stricter about the use of music on the websites of photographers and videographers, and these lensmen fear business may suffer if it comes down equally hard on wedding montages.

"If Compass decides to clamp down on this and charge us, we will have no choice but to raise our charges," said a freelance photographer.

Another felt that Compass should be more transparent. "They should state clearly who they represent, which are the copyrighted songs, and how much one has to pay for different uses - for example, on a website or for a photo montage," he said. "That way, businesses will be more willing to pay for the licences because we can then prove to customers there's a reason for raising our charges."

there's a discussion here:
            http://www.todayonline.com/TalkBack/...un---to-charge
            Last edited by BubblyGal; 10-01-2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblyGal View Post
              cherrycola, very interesting montage you had done
              Thanks!

irenelimjy: Keynote is an Apple software. It's easy to use but you can only use it on a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Anntonii
                Hiya...!

Thanks for sharing...
                I also share with u all my humble work I did last June..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScLBpZbyiIw
                nice montage! :D u used which application to do ?

Comment

Omg is it serious?

We have to pay for the photo montage songs ? Why?

Then how about walk-in songs?

Comment

i have a friend who does wedding montage on a freelance basis, anyone who is interested can pm me too .

Comment

Heard that there is a one-time licence for couples like us who wants to DIY. $90 I think. Dun think it is by COMPASS. Heard it is from RIPS (dunno which organization is that).

Anyone to advise?

Comment

My fiance is doing the photo montage himself using Corel/Corwel software because the videographer is charging us $100 for the montage alone. Seems tedious though.

I'm not paying for the license. I will be playing the music from another source. So no copyright issues.

Comment

ha.. i have someone who is on freelance wedding montage service too.. mine was done by him and many of our guests were impressed... affordable price too.. can pm me too if interested

Comment

can anyone teach me how to do a montage ourselves? where to get the free software? TIA!

Comment

Photomontage, slideshows or some may even call it a Photo documentary is generally a pictorial presentation of the photos using a combination of well synchronized songs and timing to create whatever effect that you would want.

One of the most popular used during the banquet of a Singapore wedding, a photomontage begins by showing the growing phase of the groom and bride. This is view by many as a tribute to the parents, grandparents, relatives by recalling the early years. Personally I feel this is very heartwarming and important as it is good to say that half your guests are actually relatives.

Throughout the growing up phase will see the classmates, friends photo been show in a chronological order. There are clients who told me that it feels great to see their photo in their friends wedding therefore they would want to do that too.

Some couples would want to tell their story of how they met. It could be during secondary schools days, poly or university, in a café or workplace. The story of how the both of you met will be recalled and always seems to have two version of it.

There are many types of Photomontage designers out there using different software as well as providing different aspects of presentation.

[Freebies & Packaged Montage]

Typically range from $0 to $150 onwards.

Why $0 if you ask me, it will be normally done by your siblings or friends as part of helping out in your wedding. Actual Day photographers do provide it in their services as part of the package for engaging them.

Some montage designer starters would want to charge this pricing to boost up their portfolio. Some couples even want to get hands on and start to create a montage themselves which is very meaningful.

Software use would probably be PowerPoint 2007 onwards, Picasa, photo story and Mac software which is pretty user friendly and cool, other downloaded trial version software could be used too.

The pro is simple, pricing.

I believe all of us would not want to spend more money on top of your 5starred banquet, designer gowns and award winning photographer. We would feel that it is kind of a waste of money if there are people who is willing to do it free for you.

The cons however would be the inflexibility to tailor-made to what you want if it is done by your siblings or friends. You would feel shy to ask them to change to the style or setting which you like. What you get is generally what you get unless you have friends who are in the designing industry.

Some couples which tried to become hands on ended up with quarrels over the selection of photos and songs. The wedding preparations have a lot of task on hand to follow up and coordination. To spend time sitting infront of your computer and thinking of how you want your montage to be is a challenging task. It is even more challenging if you are going to self taught software to create your montage. Trust me, I spent about 6months to do my own wedding montage and it took up a hell lot of time.

On the note of not wanting to spend extra, I bet you would have ever gone to a 5starred wedding banquet watching a simple slideshow.

In your mind, you will probably think “Oh… why can’t they afford to do up a more professional montage in this high end banquet?” Although it’s a mere 8 minutes, it does leave an impression on others.

There are also montages which continuously pumping photos flying in and out without guest knowing “Which guy is the groom?”, “who’s that person with the bride”.

Montage without headings, flow and description would bore people even if it’s less than 5minutes. Especially if everyone is already hungry by 8.45pm and had to put through another boring 5minute!

[Freelancers & Wannabes Montage]

Price range from $150 - $400

The philosophy of marketing says “When there is demand, there will be supply”

There are a lot of self inspired freelancers and wannabes in the market. This group of people comprises of self taught grooms/bride who somehow received a lot of well comments for their own work. Another group of freelancers are those in the designing industry who already know has the creativity and knows the software inside out from their daily job.

Software used would probably be Photodex, Adobe after effects, muvee.

Pros are simple, now you have become their paymaster, you can instruct them to create something that you want. You have the chance to ask them to change to your desire if they never do a good job.

You can also have a relatively professional media presentation of your childhood to your guest with more advanced designing and creativity.

Cons would be the cost damage and a possible breach of trust.

Freelancers unlike registered companies does not really has a reputation to upkeep, therefore some of them could end up delivering less than what you and him has agreed upon.

As your wedding banquet is only for that day, some freelancers may play with timing schedule and end up you would have no choice but to oblige and pay for half promised job.

With the licensing of songs for broadcasting, most freelancers would not have purchase the copyrights, therefore it is another risk which you have to consider.

[High end Animation & 3D Photomontage]

Price range would probably starts from $400 - $700 onwards

This is among the best in the business with high end graphics and theater like effects from well-respected companies within the industry.

Pros are the lavishing effects on your guest.

Animation is a cool and refreshing thing to have to entertain your guest while you prepare for your first march in. I guess I don’t really talk about the pros as you will feel great when your friends talked about it in office next time.

Furthermore these are registered companies and you should be assured of their reputation in the market and delivery of consistent results.

Con is however the lack of connection among your relatives. As mention earlier, most of your guest could be your relatives and they would not really be engaged with animation than seeing their old photos of carrying you in their arms.

There is also a risk that the end product may not really look like you.
                              Let’s be honest, this is probably a $700 job and not $70,000 graphics project therefore you have to depend a lot on the artist who is drawing you. Personally I have seen caricature drawn not to anything like the groom… even the hair style got mixed up!

3D effects montages are also very popular these days. Done with Adobe After effects, these montages come with fanciful graphical effects surrounding your pictures.

In summary,
                              it really goes down to how much you want to put in for this 7minutes of slideshow which is supposed to tell them your life story.

As my wife would like to summarize it, a photomontage may not only be view during the wedding, it can also be shown to your children in the future as a collection of your life to them.

Very meaningful indeed.

Anntonii

Comment

Working...
                              X