Engaged Encounter
    http://www.catholic.org.sg/ceespore/

JP
    http://www.familytown.gov.sg/downloa...s_of_Peace.pdf

Grassroot Leaders
    http://www.familytown.gov.sg/downloa...ts_Leaders.pdf

Registry of Marriage
    http://www.rom.gov.sg

Are there any non-christians out there who has conducted their solemnisation at outdoor locations (ie. not at the Registry of marriage)..who can help me out here :

how did you go about starting the solemnisation ceremony (i.e. the process of signing etc).. did you have an emcee or i/c to gather friends around.. make a short speech or something... and then get to to the ceremony part?

i am thinking how to go about doing it such that it doesnt seem weird.. since me and my SO are free thinkers...

for the christians, at least the pastor can start the ball rolling, say something... but what about non religious couples like us? Or will the justice of peace knows what to do?

I am totally clueless. ...

Comment

First thing first, decide on your date, time and venue. Once u get that settled, look for a Justice of Peace (JOP).

Scroll through the list of JOP and contact him or her. Provide him/her with your preferred date and time of solemization and see if he/she is available. Once u get his consent and his/her reference number, file online for a date with ROM.

Once this is done, just get busy with your preparations!

Within three days before your actual date of solemnization, you have to go down ROM to get your certs. Bring along your IC, online printed receipt and letter of consent form to be signed by JOP.

Hope this helps.
      Last edited by raebelasian; 27-03-2007, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Hi raebelasian

thanks for all the info! i'll be glad if you can PM me his name!
        I havent got a JP yet, planned to do the calling on Sunday. I'm planning for ROM on 26 Sep. My SO just decided last week.. so you can imagine I am really not prepared for anything as yet. .. dont know what to wear, what to do with my hair, makeup, etc.

By the way, after the ceremony, are we supposed to return some stuff to the ROM the next day? I thought i read it somewhere on the ROM website before, but recently went to the website again, trying to recap, but couldnt find those information... do you have any idea?

Comment

Yes, after your solemnization, you need to return your certs back to ROM. All these will be taken care of by the JP. You needn't have to worry too much. An experienced JP will help you send the necessary stuff back.
          Last edited by raebelasian; 27-03-2007, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tiemmie
            Hi raebelasian

thanks for all the info! i'll be glad if you can PM me his name!
            I havent got a JP yet, planned to do the calling on Sunday. I'm planning for ROM on 26 Sep. My SO just decided last week.. so you can imagine I am really not prepared for anything as yet. .. dont know what to wear, what to do with my hair, makeup, etc.

By the way, after the ceremony, are we supposed to return some stuff to the ROM the next day? I thought i read it somewhere on the ROM website before, but recently went to the website again, trying to recap, but couldnt find those information... do you have any idea?
            Hey Tiemmie,
            Not too sure if you have found your JP. My JP is .
            He sent the dockets for us and is very professional. He is the one who is often interviewed as a JP. Tell me if you want him!

Comment

Can someone edit the link above?

JP
              http://www.familytown.gov.sg/downloa...s_of_Peace.pdf
              Grassroot Leaders
              http://www.familytown.gov.sg/downloa...ts_Leaders.pdf

Comment

Hi nymphette

I've got him! he has agreed! but there is something i need to check with you, can you check your pte message?

Emily
                Last edited by tiemmie; 30-07-2004, 01:51 PM.

Comment

my thousand apologies tim... i have forgotten abt it...
                  let me do it tonight... So sorry!!

Comment

Guide To Solemnisation Outside ROM - Filing with ROM

1. File for Notice of Marriage Online via www.rom.gov.sg
                    - remember to print a copy of the receipt (cos it contain your booking number info etc)

2. Find a Justice of Peace to conduct your solemnisation.
                    Download a copy of this file:
                    http://www.rom.gov.sg/rom/reg_info/...o_Solemnise.pdf

Get him/her to sign on the form. He can faxed the signed copy to you. You only need to produced the faxed copy, original signature on the form is not necessary.

(Pls note this form is not mentioned when you file your notice of marriage online.. i had a hard time finding this out when my JP said I had to fax something to him).

*special thanks to nymphette, who directed this link to me!*

3. within the 23-25th day after efiling, visit the ROM to verify both yours and your SO ICs, 2 witnesses' IC. I went down sharp at 8.30am, and being their 1st customer, it took less than 5 minutes for the verifcation to be completed!

3. Within 5 days before your solemnisation, you need to go down to ROM AGAIN to collect your certificates etc (2 copies). You can get a proxy, with letter of authorisation to collect on your behalf if you are unable to attend in person. One person to collect will do no need both to go down.

4. collected my certificates yesterday at rom.. but noted that there was a spelling typo in the venue indicated.. so they changed it no extra charge! there are 3 sheets and a stamped envelope and the marriage cert folder.
                    two sheets and the stamped envelope is to be given to the JP.

5. Finale

my ROM is finally over! So glad to have David *** as my JP! he arrive early to set up and was so nice to help us tie our rings to the wedding pillows, and even MC for us when he knew we didnt have someone to do the introduction etc ! after the vows thingy, he also help to call our parents and relatives etc, to take photographs.. so nice of him! he was also humourous..making the whole affairs go on smoothly without tension...

David ***!
                    Last edited by tiemmie; 26-09-2004, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tiemmie
                      Are there any non-christians out there who has conducted their solemnisation at outdoor locations (ie. not at the Registry of marriage)..who can help me out here :

how did you go about starting the solemnisation ceremony (i.e. the process of signing etc).. did you have an emcee or i/c to gather friends around.. make a short speech or something... and then get to to the ceremony part?

i am thinking how to go about doing it such that it doesnt seem weird.. since me and my SO are free thinkers...

for the christians, at least the pastor can start the ball rolling, say something... but what about non religious couples like us? Or will the justice of peace knows what to do?

I am totally clueless. ...
                      hi tem,

ME FREE-THINKER too.... i did solemnisation at HALIA at botanic gardens 2yrs back. book a date on line 1st at ROM website, then source for a JP (justices of the Peace) to solemnize the wedding aka sign the cert... then proceed to book the place.

my bro had his solemnisation at the wedding dinner itself inviting the JP to the dinner..

cheers

Comment

Hi SMOKEYeyes

just wondering.. do u have an itinerary/plan on your ROM day then that you can share with me? like do u prepare any welcome speech, have someone to invite the solemniser to the table, then the bride and bridegroom, and then the witnesses... after signing and then??

cos i'm a free thinker too.. so up till now I still dunno how to make the whole thing flow as smoothly as possible with minimal awkardness..

my rom is just about 2 weeks away...on 25th sep

Comment

Re: ROM/Solemnization

hi how long will these info stay uodated?

Comment

i know ROM update it from time to time on their website.. so it best to always check back with the list on ROM site before you call the JP.

Comment

Hi gals,

so excited i got my ROM date couple of days ago.
                              15th Dec!

Didn't know it's quite a hassle even for ROM?
                              I chose for ROM in the registry itself.
                              Need to go down either on 9th or 10th to verify between an allocated time.
                              =/

Is it possible to change with them?

Also, on the ROM day itself, how many minutes before the allocated time must we arrive?

Thanks alot gals.

Comment

Working...
                              X