Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Holy Grail Awards 2015

CozyCot Holy Grail Awards 2015 - Nominee Selections a.ly/url/8qr

It is the time of the year to nominate your favourites to be selected as the CozyCot Holy Grail 2015. This year, we are also inviting 20 of you to be part of our panel of reviewers to judge and edit this year's award list of nominees. If you are a fan of all things beauty, we want you!

a.ly/url/8qr

See more
See less

Hongkong/Macau

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hongkong/Macau

Dear all cotters, I'm going to HK i Aug and do a lot of shopping so I need your advise on the location of those cosmetics brands. Any advise will be much appreciate

Brands:
    Giorgio Armani
    Nars
    Kiehl's
    Stila
    Benefit
    Madina Milano
    Lorac
    Sue Devitt
    Linda Cantello

I heard there is a shop call Joyce Beauty which sells a lot of cosmetics brands, does anyone know where is it located?
    HTH!

I can help! Maybe look for me and let's go shopping.

First of all, I would like to say that a few brands are not available in Hong Kong, BeneFit, Sue Devitt, Lorac, and the Madina Store closed down last month.

The best place and the most convenient place to go to is Pacific Place in Admiralty. There's a Seibu which GA and Kiehl's are available.

Right opposite Pacific Place, there's a Lane Crowford which NARS is available. There's a Linda Cantello counter at New Face By Sogo in Causeway Bay. THe only Stila counter in Hong Kong is located in Tsim Sha Tsui DFS. But I bet Singapore has a much better selection so better forget about Stila.

There are a couple of Joyce Beauty in Hong Kong. There's one in Pacific Place, one in Causeway Bay (right opposite Times Square) and one in Central. (There are others but I don't know). A lot of brands are available, e.g, Chantacaille, Laura Mercier, T 'Leclerec (not sure about the spelling) and a couple of other brands. Definately try out Stephan Marais. It's their newly introduced brand. A lot of make-up artist recommend this brand and their stuff isn't really expensive. Stephan Marais worked in Cle De Peau before. The Eye gloss is their Star product! Japonesque precision lash curler is also available there too.
    I know Tony & Tina, Sofina are both not available in Singapore but available in Hong Kong. Definately visit them at Sogo in Causeway Bay. May ask me out to guide you?!
    Last edited by teiko; 12-07-2004, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Hi,

My favourite fish is found at Hunan Garden, Exchange Square 2. It is cod fish but cooked in some delectable peanut sauce. The chicken soup in bamboo is also lovely.

Best Peking Duck I ever tasted is found at Peking Garden, Alexandra House. The sweet and sour fish is also a must try. If you can make advance reservations, order a beggar's chicken for its novelty. Chicken cooked in clay and mud.

Favourite dim sum is at Maxim's at the City Hall. Be prepared to queue forever, so be early to get a table. The beef ribs is a must. Tell them you want Ngau Chye Kwat.

Shopping for branded goods, my favourite is the Landmark and Pacific Place. Times Square is also good but just too damned crowded. The French restaurant at the top of the ShangriLa at Pacific Place, called Le Petrus is an amazing experience.

Spend an afternoon or evening at this Portuguese restaurant called Fernando's in Macau. Any taxi driver will know the place. Fantastic Portuguese food and wine.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your trip.

The World according to Psycho

Comment

Originally posted by anallise
        Hi,

Thanks for your reply. How can I forget all that beautiful food! :D

Are all these places in Macau? Am basically have no sense of direction so I really gotta plan this out. Coz my mum's just like me. We'd probably get lost. ... :ROFL:

Nono, they're all in HK. Only Fernando's is in Macau. There's precious little to see nor do in Macau. The only shopping I do there is buying Chinese antique furnitures and replicas.

Summer sales in HK should start around now, so just head for the branded stuff at Pacific Place, Times Square and Landmark and don't bother about getting imitation T-shirts and jeans from the Ladie's Market or Temple Street. They're worth a visit just for the local colour.

Take a tram ride to the Peak at night. Its quite a sight seeing the glittering lights sprawled below you like millions of diamonds.

Otherwise, have a nice bottle of wine at the lobby of the Regent Hotel with a magnificient view of the Victoria Harbour. It is so romantic I proposed to my ex-fiancee there. Was that drunk. So was she coz she said yes.

The World according to Psycho

Comment

i HK! went there almost every other holiday during secondary school.. was due to make a trip there to attend my godbrother's wedding earlier this year, but due to the sars scare it was cancelled!

but unfortunately my cantonese is terrible and i can't help much with the names and all! i do like the tsim sha tsui area! and somehow all the shopping that i do is around that area (all those streets) or along the MTR line.. (the only station i can remember off hand is central station)

BUT i do know that GA is available at Pacific Plaza and there are 3 kp counters over in HK!

Comment

No one knows better than me, huh, I am really from Hong Kong
            I don't have expensive ideas like Uncle Psycho, No fine food, no brand clothes. I would like to introduce a more down to earth, Hong Kong style trip.

First of all, let me start with our toppest concern, MAKE-UP!
            For the best place for make-up, I will choose Sogo in Causeway Bay. There are MAC, Bloom, Bobbi Brown, KP, Sofina, Anna Sui, Biotherm, Shu Uemura, Mary Quant, Kose, Shiseido, Clinique, Lancome, IPSA, Helena Rubenstein, Cle De Peau, etc.

If you want to visit NARS, just go to Times Square which not too far away. If you want to visit RMK, Make Up For Ever, Paul & Joe and Ettusais, go to Windsor House which is only a few steps away. Please refer to my previous post here too.

For clothes, there are a lot of branded names in Hong Kong, Miss Sixty, Chevignon, LV, Chanel....... yeah, there are a lot, but they are not exciting enough. If you really want some fun shopping, I will suggest Tsim Sha Tsui Granville Road. There are tons of garment outlets which sell trendy, cheap clothes. Cheap thing are not neccessarily imitation. Even those small shopping malls in Causeway Bay, e.g, Causeway Place and Kimberly Centre sell a lot of trendy, unique stuff. A lot of tourist guide will not guide you there, but I think they're worth a visit. However, their price isn't as cheap as stuff in Granville Road.

For food, I always suggest trying Egg Tart, 'Pineapple' Bun with butter, Milk Tea in local restaurant, those Mango and Coconut drink in Hui Lau Shan and most important of all, fish ball noodles, wonton noodles, and dumpling noodles. Hehe, I am a cheap girl. Those places are carefree and cheap. It's really 'Hong Kong' and you can feel Hong Kong's people lives there. Those restaurants are actually my favourite type of restaurant!

If you have time, you can also visit those outlying islands. Lamma Island is a good choice! There're a few small shops. After shopping, you can go and enjoy a seafood meal.
            I must stop now because I still have tons to say!
            Enjoy your trip to Hong Kong!
            Last edited by teiko; 12-07-2004, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Hey Laa_Cat!!!

You're really bringing back old memories to the old uncle.

Where do you live? I lived in Discovery Bay for 7 years, left HK in 1999. Some of the happiest times in my life was spent in Discovery Bay, where I had a beautiful garden house by the sea. I even instructed in my will that when I die, I want my trustee to charter a helicopter and spread my ashes over the sea in front of Discovery Bay, where I can spend the rest of eternity with my happy home.

Have you been to Peng Chau? I used to go there almost every weekend. Simply love that tiny little island. Its like time stood stil for the last 100 years there. I made friends with the fishermen there and buy prawns, crabs, crayfish and lobsters from them. Take them home and grill them over my barbeque, invite the neighbours over.

Weekends in winter time, I will trek the hills over to Sunset Peak and Lantau Peak. There was a few times I started my climb at 3 am in the morning!!! Once at the summit, it was such a glorious experience, with the clouds below you and watching the sun rise emerging from below the clouds!!!

At the foot of Lantau Peak, there is this beautiful beach I forgot the name (Cheung Sha or something?), but I remember there is this little Chinese restaurant called Wong Tim Fatt. Absolutely sinful!!! Or trek down to the PoLin Monastery and have Buddhist vegetarian food.

Rent a bicycle and ride to Tai-O, a small fishing village that reminds me of Venice. I love climbing onto a wooden platform and an old lady will pull us across the river with ropes!!! I get my salted fish there and cook fried rice with it.

Hong Kong, the land of hills and sea, of well paying jobs and the most productive part of my life, when my only friend was my ex-wife, we were married then.

THe WOrld according to Psycho

Comment

Hi all!
                Thank you very much for your recommendation. Madina Milano is closed down in HK? Oh no..it is 1 of my target brand to get in HK besides GA. I'll definately check out paul & joe because of the beautify casing. I read in magazine that paul & joe also available in seibu pacific place. I'm getting sofina from taiwan so I'll just probably drop by the counter to try out the colors. How about those toilettery shops like sasa and pharmacy? I'm interestd in getting the babypink mu base and mascara. Is causeway bay name tong lo wan in cantenese? How about harbour city? Good for shopping?

Comment

I think there this Mong Kok shopping center which is like the Singapore's Far East Plaza. Lots of youngest hang out there and they sell vute and hippy stuff. I bought the cutest undies there -- A black Mashi Maro undies with the mashi maro rabbit ears sticking out from the waistband... Too cute!

Then there's also this place (arrgg...can't remember the addy, need to dig out the namecard) .... It's near the business district in HK (Adimiralty, i think) and there's this shop which sells the nicest, cheapest and most comfy beaded jeans! I'll surely go back to grab a few pairs when I hit HK again. I got one with a beautiful motiff of a galloping horse hand-sewn using thousands of beads. Maybe Laa cat can help... the place is near Admirlty and the stinky market with the long flight of stairs, and there's 2 adjacent streets with the same name, just that one is XXX EAST and the other is XXX WEST. There 2 rows of proper shops along the street and in the center it's dotted with small makeshift stalls selling clothes, watches, etc ...

Not to mention the dan dan and dan nai. The one I love it near to Mong Kok, i think. IIRC, it's called Yi Kee. it so much I brought back some home to S'pore cos' my bf loves dan dan

Comment

HI,

Am considering having my hair chemically straightened in HK or Macau. My hair is quite straight, I dyed it for a while but haven't touched it in about 6months now. Which one is the best procedure? Also any recommendation for prices? Oh and if anywhere I can have it done really late? Coz I don't want it to cut into my day - shopping time!

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by jarjar
                      Hi all!
                      Thank you very much for your recommendation. Madina Milano is closed down in HK? Oh no..it is 1 of my target brand to get in HK besides GA. I'll definately check out paul & joe because of the beautify casing. I read in magazine that paul & joe also available in seibu pacific place. I'm getting sofina from taiwan so I'll just probably drop by the counter to try out the colors. How about those toilettery shops like sasa and pharmacy? I'm interestd in getting the babypink mu base and mascara. Is causeway bay name tong lo wan in cantenese? How about harbour city? Good for shopping?
                      Paul & Joe is available at both Seibu in Causeway Bay and Admiralty. Don't forget to check out the Fresh and Jurlique counters.

Also, Seibu at Admiralty has a nice range of Paul & Joe clothes. There's also Maharishi.

The Sasa at Causeway Bay has got the Babypink MU base and mascara.

Tong Lo Wan is indeed Causeway Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by anallise
                        OH!! NICE! How are the prices there? Esp compared to SG? TIA!
                        KP is more expensive in HK than in SG.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
                          Paul & Joe is available at both Seibu in Causeway Bay and Admiralty. Don't forget to check out the Fresh and Jurlique counters.

Also, Seibu at Admiralty has a nice range of Paul & Joe clothes. There's also Maharishi.

I miss Seibu...and they have Maharishis there?! I hope their collection is better than what we have in Sg...

Comment

Yup, saw they have Maharishis. Unfortunately, I wouldn't say the range is much bigger than that in Singapore.
                            Last edited by Glossie; 26-11-2004, 08:10 PM.

Comment

heheh, what do you like about it?

i love the delicious yummy food - it seems like every single store is great!!

and naturally, i love the shopping, especially the bargaining at Ladies' Market.

i just like the pace of life there - fast and energised! the only thing i don't like is how small the houses are. quite claustrophobic. :sotong:

Comment

Working...
                              X