Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Holy Grail Awards 2015

CozyCot Holy Grail Awards 2015 - Nominee Selections a.ly/url/8qr

It is the time of the year to nominate your favourites to be selected as the CozyCot Holy Grail 2015. This year, we are also inviting 20 of you to be part of our panel of reviewers to judge and edit this year's award list of nominees. If you are a fan of all things beauty, we want you!

a.ly/url/8qr

See more
See less

Reviews on vouchers bought from Deal.com.sg, Groupon, Streetdeal etc

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some vouchers are worth buying, depending on the merchants. If i have patronise from that merchant before, i will buy the voucher from them as i know they will not break their promise or try any hard selling on my side.

Comment

Bought a Batam deal from Groupon and the 2D1N getaway was so pleasurable, especially my local travel guide!

Comment

I have stopped buying from deal website for massage spa etc..

Comment

Used to buy lots of coupons from groupon but their recent deals are getting boring

Comment

24 months unlimited Brazilian IPL at Ziwei spa from Groupon** Scam!!

I'm so disappointed with all this spa promotion its like a scam!! in there terms and condition did not state that its only for 6 shots!! how can 6shots cover the whole area.. if need more shots must top-up. and how much per extra shots?? we can only tell you after your consultation.

18 months unlimited underarm IPL at One Beauty Place at Tangs from Groupon**** Scam!!

Making an appointment for IPL at One Beauty Place at Tangs outlet is a Nightmare!! They wouldn't let any customer book an appointment for the next month even thought their slots are all full for this month!! The spa reception explanation was this, 'we cannot let you book an appointment for next month because we have not plan our schedule, you can try calling back next week to book.'

Don't they have a schedule plan for the year?? base on Public holidays and number of staff on duty?

This is so piss off.. what kind of spa service is this when our schedule have to depend on their 'No booking for 1 month In Advance Policy'..And it's not stated in the term and condition.

Has anyone bought this vouchers and experience such things??

Comment

24 months unlimited Brazilian IPL at Ziwei spa from Groupon** Scam!!

I'm so disappointed with all this spa promotion its like a scam!! in there terms and condition did not state that its only for 6 shots!! how can 6shots cover the whole area.. if need more shots must top-up. and how much per extra shots?? we can only tell you after your consultation.

18 months unlimited underarm IPL at One Beauty Place at Tangs from Groupon**** Scam!!

Making an appointment for IPL at One Beauty Place at Tangs outlet is a Nightmare!! They wouldn't let any customer book an appointment for the next month even thought their slots are all full for this month!! The spa reception explanation was this, 'we cannot let you book an appointment for next month because we have not plan our schedule, you can try calling back next week to book.'

Don't they have a schedule plan for the year?? base on Public holidays and number of staff on duty?

This is so piss off.. what kind of spa service is this when our schedule have to depend on their 'No booking for 1 month In Advance Policy'..And it's not stated in the term and condition.

Has anyone bought this vouchers and experience such things??

Comment

Yes! I guess the shops would think that those customers buying these kind of coupon deals just want cheap & good stuff. I have bought several deals from Groupons and I have now stopped buying or browsing through such deals already. I experienced one VERY BAD rebonding experience too. READ HERE.

But for batam (1 night) trips, I would say its not bad. I went twice.
                Last edited by CCShell; 12-05-2012, 06:07 PM. Reason: Self advertising not allowed

Comment

for the 1st time bought the gellish manicure from Le Reve from Groupon.

it was hard to make appointments. i finally made one for 8pm on a weekday after trying for 2 weeks. i was told beforehand that i had to wait as there were many customers. fine because it was a cheap deal after all. so give and take. when i reach there at 7.45pm. i saw only 1 customer and she was paying already. oh well... my turn, the lady was in a hurry, no trimming of cuticles, just shape the nails and its straight on to coating. all over in 40mins. when my friend wanted to do it after she arrived at 8.10pm, she was told no, last booking is at 8pm.. well well, the nails wasn't properly done when i looked at it properly in normal lighting. just my luck i thought and warn you peeps here of such promotions.

if it wasnt for Groupon, i doubt there will be any customers at all.

Comment

Bad cust service - La Salona Beauty at Hougang Ave 8

Sorry to bump up thread but for awareness, I'd like to advise against buying groupon/deals vouchers unless you are familiar with the merchant..
                    1 non-pushy merchant with good service is Velvety Beauty, I bought it for my parents, and they have no complaints.

1 F&B coupon worth $20 for $40 worth, end up I had to top up $80 for 4 person meal.. This is the mind set they are leveraging on, we would want to enjoy a meal without constantly keeping tab on the price..

Bought 2 massage sessions with La Salona, kept calling them many times, no answer. When I finally get to schedule the appt ~2weeks later, I asked if they can extend the voucher as it expires soon. I understand that some merchants do extend their voucher. The PRC woman gave a crude No. But if nobody answer the calls how do I make appt? - Oh we dont answer calls while working. And if you all call in the last minute, what can I do? and ur phone has no number ~I've been calling since last month..
                    Eventually she asked me to bring the coupon down for extension with the supplier.

It left a bad taste as if coupon-ers are not worthy of good service. If the staff is inconsiderate and rude, and despise customers with vouchers, advertising thru Groupon will only let more customers aware of their bad service. I do hope they realize they are making a bad name for their boss.

Comment

Purchase a groupon voucher 'Four 60 min Acoustic Wave Therapy Cellulite Treatments.' @ Fabulous Aesthetics

However, at each visit, I have only received 20mins on the Acoustic Wave Therapy Cellulite Treatments but not 60mins as stated on the Groupons voucher.

During my 2nd visit, they claimed that I have only 1 session of the treatment left which I supposed to have 2 more left because I had only visited them twice.

When I question further why I received less than 60min of the treatment each time, the operation manager by the name Elieen Seah replied me that after all, I was only paying $50 for the voucher.

She said that the 1st session of 60mins treatment will also include consultation which I can't remember receiving any. All I can remember was that they hard sell me to sign on their various packages during my 1st visit. Was that what they meant by consultation?
                      During my 1st and 2nd visit, I received less then 60min of Acoustic Wave Therapy Cellulite Treatments each time.

I did not received what was printed on the voucher at all.

This merchant is unprofession, irresponsible and unethical.

If you are reading this, pls do not petrolnise this shop.

After all, Fabulous Aesthetics is not soooo Fabulous.

But I must say that they indeed did a FABULOUS con job via Groupons.
                      Last edited by LittleJamesBoy; 24-11-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

When they make you sit down and ask you to sign more more package, that's the timing that they will include in the 60 minutes therapy treatment. I went to one of the beauty salon for facial and that's what they did to me too, and it's very well known in Singapore. So I shall not mention their name here. I will never ever go back again even if it's free cause they told me their products are all natural plant extract. But after using, my skin got so bad with all the breakouts that I almost went crazy at that time. I am not exaggerating at all. They are not even apologetic at all. I really regretted not getting a lawyer in to sue them for the damage.

Comment

the worst groupon purchase i had was at the advance hairdo @ clementi for rebonding within 1 day rebonding comes back good thing that it is only $35 else i will make a big whoo ha

Comment

I bought the food voucher and the selections are not that huge. Of course I can't complain much as the standard of living is so high in Singapore, everything is not cheap. Now I am pondering should I get the holiday package. I just received the email for Bangkok 4 days 3 nights stay for $198.

Comment

Never Believe Groupon All cheaters

Originally posted by dandelions View Post
                              Reviews please!
                              Never buy groupon vouchers.

Its "Group Cheating" AND service providers from Group-on is "Greatest robbers" & both are totally unprofessionals.
                              Both of above cheaters loots money from consumers.

Group-on response is very grey to the consumers and service providers NEVER do what they are supposed as mentioned in the voucher.

the haircut for $1 salon which does rebonding too and cheats customers through Groupon. the voucher value is for $ 200 but the price is
                              $40 when i went to redeem they wanted to top up for $10. i agreed but when i paid he argued and asked me to pay $50 more.

rebonding was not done properly and as though to complete the job.they simply advertise and brings customers and somehow make the customers pay more.i agree top up in salons is normal but definetely not 100% more than the voucher price.any salon offers promotion

which is many times less than groupon price.So Please my friends do not buy groupon or deal vouchers just to save $5 and get stressful.

when i wrote to groupon the response was not satisfactory as though to promote these type of salons.

Comment

I would like to share on my experience with this hair salon located at Yong Siak Rd (Tiong Bahru) who tried to pressure me into paying more than what I paid for on a groupon deal I bought. If you google them, all you get is a great review from a random blogger gal who got a good hair from them (probably free to get her review). So I was similarly misled into thinking they were good. I was wrong.

This is La Parlor hair boutique located at Tiong Bahru. I believe many customers have or are seeking refund for not being able to get through their phone and no appts being made.

The whole time I was there, I noticed the phone kept ringing but no one bothers to answer. Only when the boss is free and in the mood, he will pick up calls at random.

When I first arrived for my session, I had already purchased the cut option and was expecting a proper hair cut. Instead he told me the length I wanted to cut was too long and required me to pay additional of 'at most $30'. I had mid-back hair length and wanted to cut down to just past shoulder length.

I told him I did not understand as I already paid for the cut option. He claimed that was just for short trims and not cuts. It made me wonder what the groupon meant by 'cut'. Then he told me my hair was too long and that is why a top up was required.

It was never mentioned that such top ups were required on the Groupon deal and the length described in the deal was 'up to mid-back' which mine was! Yet he denied and exaggerated the length of my hair by indicating with his finger a length just above his waist. My hair was NOT that long!!

After some reasoning with him and asking what he meant by 'at most $30' he said its up to you. Hearing that made me feel he was totally taking me for a ride. I knew he was trying to pressure me into paying more. It was unfortunate that this only happened after he started snipping away so I was left with no choice except to tell him to do the minimum cut which was a basic trim (which I already paid for in my groupon). I had to pay $10 after that.

I was at the mercy of his scissors and there was no way I could argue my way out of this without risking a really bad cut or perm.
                                Throughout the whole session I also noticed him try to make similar attempts to sell more than what the groupon offered. Though I was not very certain they were all groupon buyers, they all walked out with less than perfect hairdos, unlike the kind you would expect coming out from a hair salon.

I believe this salon probably regretted doing this groupon sale and that us why the owner (i think his name is Jerri, looks like an old ah beng with floral shirt) is so hesitant to offer his best services and kept trying to con customers into paying more. He was also not responsible in picking up phone calls for booking appointments.

I was coughing so badly the whole time and they never offered me a drink. Yet I saw other customers were given a mug of water on the table. Perhaps because I argued with him and he didn't want to offer me a drink. The whole time, my hair was tugged quite roughly, it hurt. I knew he was just unwilling to do my business. The feeling was mutual.

I am posting this here as no one seems to have posted their feedback online.

Comment

Working...
                                X