X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwan Yin Temple @ Waterloo St

Recently have been bothered with the job offering.. and my current company is giving me counter offering to retain me.. Been so confuse.. and in the end gone to draw a lot of Si Ma Lu.. Its a good lot for me to move.. Any cotters have experience in drawing lots from Si Ma Lu?

yah sometimes i will go there draw lots... i find them quite accurate..sometimes i take it as it is some comforting advices...
    it is up to individual of how you interpret the lot... i feel most important is your mind... how you think or interpret or what exactly you believe in.

Comment

Yes I did it once. The lot I drew was spot on about the issue I was asking. It was very specific and there was advice too. I have followed the advice and so far so good!

Comment

I have made a point to go there regularly... I feel it's v accurate in answering my prayers and giving me good advise through drawing of lots... I guess as long you are sincere, you will soemhow get the answer you are looking for... but I heard, it's never accurate if you ask for weath or money...

Comment

yup i always goes there when things are bothering me especially for job search.
          i can say for the lots they are very accurate. for instance, when i went for two interviews, and i asked whether i would get the jobs and the lots said i would and true enough i did get it.

But please dont ask for wealth when you go to temples, because deities dont help us in this area.
          Money is the root of all evil

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRiver
            Recently have been bothered with the job offering.. and my current company is giving me counter offering to retain me.. Been so confuse.. and in the end gone to draw a lot of Si Ma Lu.. Its a good lot for me to move.. Any cotters have experience in drawing lots from Si Ma Lu?
            Personally, i feel that you should move on. Firstly, u have already make known to ur current company ur intention to leave the company. Secondly, if you stay on in ur current company, it's because they counter offer to keep u and money is the pulling factor. It's just a matter of time u will leave ur current company. Just my

Doesnt it feel good that 2 companies are fighting for you? Like u are so in demand..hehee..enjoy the "attention" and best wishes

Comment

i also go there to pray regularly, sort of like 求个平安

Comment

I went there to pray about job offerings. Although the lot I drew told me not to go for the job switch, I still did anyway. Diaster as it turned out horrible. After that, I felt that the lots I drew were no longer accurate, sort of like the 'Guan Yin Niang Niang' telling me that I should have listened in the first place, and since you did not, don't bother to ask again kind of feeling. After that, I only go there to pray for family safety and stuff like that, no longer to draw lots...

Comment

hi all, can someone tell me what's the normal procedure for praying this si ma lu guan yin?

i've never done any praying nor went to any temple before, so can someone kindly teach me?

isit that i have to light an incense then walk one round inside?? or how??? thanks alot...

Comment

you cannot bring in the joss stick into the temple. After you light the joss stick, pray outside (you can see lots of people doing it). Pray in 2 directions, towards heaven and towards the Guan yin.

If you are requesting for lots, for offerings, donations etc, go into the temple.

Correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

Jess: you are right about the procedures. I also go Guan Yin temple every now and then to pray for ping an.

Comment

Jess, that's what I do also!

For drawing lots, this is what I do:
                        1) Use the wooden thing ( I don't know what it's called) to ask for permission for a lot. Can try 3 times. If answer is no for all 3 times, then you cannot draw a lot.
                        2) If Guan Yin replies Yes, then start shaking the lots.
                        3) Once you get a lot, use the wooden thing to ask Guan Yin if this is the correct lot. If yes, you're done. If not, try again.

Comment

Before asking for guidance, must "report" your identity. I.e. So & so from where, birth date etc, *** problem, asking for guidance etc. If there is 2 options, best to ask for lots for 1st option then 2nd option. Then can compare which option is better.

E.g. Current job 1 lot and the new potential job 2nd lot.

Comment

Originally posted by poppy
                            Jess, that's what I do also!

For drawing lots, this is what I do:
                            1) Use the wooden thing ( I don't know what it's called) to ask for permission for a lot. Can try 3 times. If answer is no for all 3 times, then you cannot draw a lot.
                            2) If Guan Yin replies Yes, then start shaking the lots.
                            3) Once you get a lot, use the wooden thing to ask Guan Yin if this is the correct lot. If yes, you're done. If not, try again.

If the first throw for permission to draw a lot is a yes > you can continue to request for your lot. If the answer is either a No or a Neutral, try again till you get a yes, but the max. throw is 3 times.

After you get the lot, re confirm is that the one. If yes, go to the counter to change the lot into "readable" form (paper lot) .

Nowadays, it is much easier because there is translation in English and Chinese. There is also books for you to translate your lot, but in a much detailed form.

Some people practice to burn away the lots after reading. And when it is a good lot, people do make it a point to come back to make offerings for the guide the god offers.

Comment

hi everyone ....

this thread sounds interesting.....

can anyone tell me, the "thing" that u throw to ask for permission is that pair of oval shaped wooden thing right? sorry ... dunno *** is it called ....

if permission is granted to draw a lot after u throw the wooden oval shape thing, which direction should it be ?? both upwards/downwards or one up one down ....

hope to hear some advice from someone which experience ...thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
                              X