Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamonds *Bling Bling*

Hello Ladies!

Care to share about your diamond buys and collection?

What should one look out for when buying diamonds and soliatare rings?
    And is it wise to sacrifice clarity for color ?

What are your fave local shops and collection?

For me, I go for quality of diamond then the brand and most impt the paper too. Once I went to Larry, almost wanted to buy but the SA promised the discount and after calculating, she backout on the discount she promised... so we walk out of the shop and tell myself I am not going back to Larry again.

Anway, went to another shop... bought the loose diamond, got it set and it is as beautiful as the one in Larry.

I look for color, clarity and dimension too. Dimension plays an impt part too... if the dimension is not right the light will not reflect back and thus it will not be firery.

My collection is... a tennis bracelet, 0.6ct solitair earrings, 0.5ct solitair ring but convert to pendant and 1.05ct solitair ring. still got a few more rings in simple design.

Comment

wow.. your collections sounds big and sparkely daphnehoon

Any tips on how to spot good dimensions?

Comment

that is why the cert is impt cos the dimension is stated in there... i have a link for diamond. it has all information you need to select a quality diamond. i got all information from this link and that practice it when doing my diamond hunt. hunt for sometime for my 0.5ct and subsequently bought my 1.05ct from the same shop. the more you look around, the more you learn about the blink blink.

http://diamondscope.pricescope.com/

Comment

Do you always get a cert when you purchase a diamond? For e.g necklace or earrings? I've gotten a diamond necklace from Lee Hwa and earrings from Tian Poh before but don't remember them ever giving me a cert.

Comment

only when i get solitair diamond, i'll look for those with cert. for those design rings with small loose diamond no need cert.

I normally go for GIA cert.

Comment

retailers do provide a cert when purchasing diamonds..
              so far those that i bought comes with certs...
              when buying diamonds.. i think brand is pretty importatnt..
              since i am gonna spend so much..
              i had better go to a reputable place

i have a solitaire diamond necklace and diamond bracelet which my parents gave me..
              and the rest i have are for daily wear..
              more for the design rather than the quality of the diamond..

Comment

Wonderful to know that there are so many more people mad about diamonds like me. I used to know a diamond cutter that sells diamond to me below rapaport price...... but sadly.... I lost his phone number. Does anyone know more?? Everyone would like quality diamonds at cheaper price right?

Comment

I used to be quite crazy about diamonds when I was younger. But now, I think man-made ones are equally good since diamonds have no resale value anyway. hehehe...

Comment

I agree with you Dozalot,

but if you love diamonds... better to buy it now than later. The price still increases yearly. I love CZs and cultured diamonds too.... in fact anything that shines and sparkles, crystals, glass.........etc.

Comment

hi, i'm thinking of getting some solitaire diamond earrings. not quite sure what brand to go for though... cos the size i'm looking at 0.3ct in total is not big ***** to warrant a cert. so should i even be wasting $$ to go for the brand?

Comment

hi, i'm thinking of getting some solitaire diamond earrings. not quite sure what brand to go for though... cos the size i'm looking at 0.3ct in total is not big enough to warrant a cert. so should i even be wasting $$ to go for the brand?

Comment

for 0.3ct i wouldn't bother with a brand. just go to a reputable place.

Comment

So many shops boast of different types of diamond. Eg Lee Hwa has their destinee range whereas Larry has their Lazare and Tiffany, their inhouse range etc etc... But do you girls believe that there is really a difference in the diamonds (let's say comparing like for like, same 4Cs) or does it boil down to marketing and the branding of the diamond?

Comment

Any diamond with a 65/65 cut will do just the same. The problem is that many diamonds in the market are now cut to conserve the weight and not giving the 90+% return of light. These brands are just names to charge you more! Sadly moany people are fooled! Some brands are bonded, which might make a slight difference if you wanna go for a larger one in future. Lazare is just not one of them, neither is Tiffany.

Comment

Working...
                              X